REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #3126
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
STATISTICAL PROFILE for all 325 suspected rioters
-1086 charges recommended to Crown against 325 suspected rioters
-Crown has approved 650 criminal charges against 213 suspected rioters
-287 men and 38 women
-average age is 21 years
-youngest male is 15 years of age
-oldest male is 52 years of age
-youngest female is 14 years of age
-oldest female is 30 years of age
-most charges recommended against one individual: 10
-Young Offenders (under 18 years old): 76

http://vancouver.ca/police/assets/pd...il-23-2013.pdf
Advertisement
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #3127
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Every single person involved in the riot owes me an apology. At the least.

They destroyed a big chunk of the city I live in. They brought the ridicule of the world on us. Most of all, their court cases cost taxpayers money and the police their time that could be better used fighting other crimes.
The riot also destroyed any notion from the Olympics that Vancouver can party responsibly. Expect our reputation of being "No Fun City" to continue in the near future.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #3128
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
Most of all, their court cases cost taxpayers money and the police their time that could be better used fighting other crimes.

I don't care what anyone says...they literally stole out of our pockets by wrecking our own city. Who do you think pays the cost here? EVERYONE in Vancouver. The riots and the subsequent court battles cost a ton of money...money that could've gone elsewhere. If I were in power, every single person involved in the riot would have to work rebuilding and cleaning up until their monetary debt is paid.
dam is this where my property taxes are going?

on a serious note i'm waiting to see what happens with the guys that damaged london drugs. i remember reading london drugs' lawyers where going to go after the people they caught damaging their stores in court

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #3129
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8 View Post
This is probably going to be a losing battle for me. Oh well.
I actually DO see where you're coming from.
But unfortunately, this is someone that isn't showing any signs of remorse, and doesn't seem to be learning from past mistakes.

Seems like she was full of excuses to begin with in her apology.
She began with what she was required to write.
Then she went on a big rant of how she really felt.

It's really too bad.
Everything's spiraling out of control, and perhaps, a part of it IS from all the media exposure,
and she created some big shield to protect herself, inevitably also causing more destruction to her image.

I think she really needs to just get thrown in jail for a bit so she can calm down and regain some composure.
Cause she's totally lost right now.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #3130
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
given E-Spec's posting history...

yes.. yes it probably did make him feel better...

are you :butthurt:?

LOL i felt the same after.....so no. I sense some Sympathy from Mr butthurt.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #3131
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Are there any other women charged in the riots? Curious.
Yes
http://www.richmondreview.com/news/186084641.html
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #3132
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
its only funny when a skinny Asian kid gets busted. White people getting arrested seems too typical
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #3133
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
This is probably going to be a losing battle for me. Oh well.
No shit.

You can't feel sympathy for someone who still won't admit she was wrong. Sorry bro, she has gotten too many chances and even the judge showed her leniency.

If you read the news carefully, she is accusing the officer of lying and for unreasonable medical care.

She was arrested because of her probation violation. She knew where and what she was doing but decided to give the middle finger to the law.

I don't think anybody cares if you were telling the truth that you went home to grab medication. If she was actually sorry and wanted it over with she would have upheld her end of the deal and not jerk around. Better yet just plead guilty like the rest and people will forget.

What makes you think she should get more chances when she sounds dumb founded as to why she got busted past her curfew along with alcohol in her system?
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #3134
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
She stayed out past her curfew big f'ing deal. What time do you go to bed?
I go to bed when I damn well please.
Because I didn't fuck up.
And didn't violate a societal contract.

Therefore, I have freedom.
When you choose to not behave in a responsible manner, society will ensure that you do. In this case, she got off lightly and was granted these terms.
Which she then flaunted.

If she's not going to play nice with the rest of us, why should she get to play with us at all?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #3135
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
lol i went to hs with her, she deserves it...huge bitch and her "apology" reeked of feel sorry for me
i went to HS with her as well.
she's a tough one. Her old friends were my friends though, and they're definitely not douche-bags.. goofs, but not douche-bags.

I don't know the two dudes, but they look like they're being silly around the camera more than really attempting to injure the guys.

I was pretty vindicative before, however now I feel sorry for her and her fall.
I cannot imagine the stress that she goes through. I do however hope that she will recover from her mental condition and come to an understanding of her wrongdoings. No one deserves to be depressed and no one outside of people who committed crime against humanity deserve her world to implode on her like that.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #3136
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdk1 View Post
I was pretty vindicative before, however now I feel sorry for her and her fall.
I cannot imagine the stress that she goes through. I do however hope that she will recover from her mental condition and come to an understanding of her wrongdoings. No one deserves to be depressed and no one outside of people who committed crime against humanity deserve her world to implode on her like that.
As much as I understand where you're coming from, I'm not so sure that she is taking her probation seriously enough. She has clearly demonstrated the lack of respect of the law (twice already) by violating the terms of her probation. And for that, I'm afraid I can't feel sorry for her in any way.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #3137
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdk1 View Post
I don't know the two dudes, but they look like they're being silly around the camera more than really attempting to injure the guys.
I watched the video last night and all I can say is that the company you keep is a reflection of the person you are.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #3138
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
She's not owning up to her mistake, pure and simple. If she did, she would accept the consequences and move on accordingly.

Now she wants to be a victim and make things worse and make herself look worse, knowing she already has the public/media's attention. So why should anyone really give a shit?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #3139
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
how hard is it to stay home after 10pm in Vancouver, everything is literally closed, but she decides to risk being caught and break curfew so she can get booze and club.
Then she lies about it saying that shes getting her meds when shes dressed in a skirt and mesh stocking. Eat shit bitch.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #3140
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
- Yup, she lost her job. She cant find a new one now. She cant be productive in society. You happy?
- Oh I didn't know she owed you an apology. What did she do to you? She apologized to people/groups that mattered to her.
- She breached her probation.....That's her problem not yours. Need her to apologize?
- How many chances? Again, she owes you nothing.You make it sound like she's a murderer or something. All the things she's done are petty, Yet everyone likes to blow her up like a real criminal.

I don't know this girl nor think that the wrongs she done are right. But I'd hate to see someone turn into a bad apple from all of this attention.
yes, I am happy she cant be productive in our society. why? look at everything shes done, and how she still thinks shes innocent. I don't want people like that reflecting on Vancouver. theres already enough of them.

her probation is her problem. she should be in jail for it. the excuse that she was caught driving intoxicated while saying it was a medical emergency is just pathetic. ive no sympathy for her...I have epilepsy and cant drive...I keep my pills with me or at home...if I "leave" them somewhere else, I don't jump in my truck and drive there claiming it was an emergency...especially after drinking (btw, isn't alcohol a depressant? seems smart to be mixing with pills that help you from depression/anxiety)

a crime is a crime, petty or not, im labeling her as a criminal. after all is said and done, she should just move on to a different city and try to start fresh...at least there nobody would know her name or think differently of her. her actions caused this, not mine, its time for her to man up and take responsibility.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #3141
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
yes, I am happy she cant be productive in our society. why? look at everything shes done, and how she still thinks shes innocent. I don't want people like that reflecting on Vancouver. theres already enough of them.

her probation is her problem. she should be in jail for it. the excuse that she was caught driving intoxicated while saying it was a medical emergency is just pathetic. ive no sympathy for her...I have epilepsy and cant drive...I keep my pills with me or at home...if I "leave" them somewhere else, I don't jump in my truck and drive there claiming it was an emergency...especially after drinking (btw, isn't alcohol a depressant? seems smart to be mixing with pills that help you from depression/anxiety)

a crime is a crime, petty or not, im labeling her as a criminal. after all is said and done, she should just move on to a different city and try to start fresh...at least there nobody would know her name or think differently of her. her actions caused this, not mine, its time for her to man up and take responsibility.
a different province would be better
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #3142

This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #3143
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Every single person involved in the riot owes me an apology. At the least.

They destroyed a big chunk of the city I live in. They brought the ridicule of the world on us. Most of all, their court cases cost taxpayers money and the police their time that could be better used fighting other crimes.

I don't care what anyone says...they literally stole out of our pockets by wrecking our own city. Who do you think pays the cost here? EVERYONE in Vancouver. The riots and the subsequent court battles cost a ton of money...money that could've gone elsewhere. If I were in power, every single person involved in the riot would have to work rebuilding and cleaning up until their monetary debt is paid.
I was in Korea and i was drinking with friends at a restaurant when a news segment of the riot came on. I was embarrassed to be a vancouverite that night. I remember it well. Yea we lost a hockey game so we decided to destroy our downtown.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #3144
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I love that the white knight got up and disappeared. Who would defend someone being such a jerk?

Every rioter owes me and everyone else in Vancouver personally. They took our money, our time and gave those idiots in Boston and elsewhere ammo to make fun of us. Fuck them. I couldn't wait to give 2000 photos I took to the police. I was hoping they'd make serious examples of them so this bullshit doesn't happen again but I'll settle for what's happening now.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #3145
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
LMAO @ that asian dude doing a spin kick at the end of the video
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #3146
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
I was in Korea and i was drinking with friends at a restaurant when a news segment of the riot came on. I was embarrassed to be a vancouverite that night. I remember it well. Yea we lost a hockey game so we decided to destroy our downtown.
To be fair, that riot was going to happen either way. I'd probably have been more embarrassed (if that's even possible) if this happened after a win. Hell, look at LA.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #3147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
LMAO @ that asian dude doing a spin kick at the end of the video
I was gonna mention in the video that i bet his Sensai would be proud of him!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #3148
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

can't believe Saturday marks the two year anniversary, time really flies doesn't it?
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #3149
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Breaking news: ICBC is suing 46 individuals for over half million dollars.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #3150
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Breaking news: ICBC is suing 46 individuals for over half million dollars.
Posted via RS Mobile
Wow, Statute of limitations is 2 years right?