REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   A big thankyou to the revscene community. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647932-big-thankyou-revscene-community.html)

instantneedles 06-18-2011 11:54 PM

A big thankyou to the revscene community.

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but here goes. I would like to sincerly thank everyone in the revscene community for helping me grow and mature as an adult. Making this account back a few years ago, the sole purpose was to make use of the buy/sell forum. It was not until this year, my senior year in high school that I began actively posting on this forum. Never would I have thought, browsing on a car forum would help me so much in school, work, and personal life.

Being the instable guy I always used to be back in the beginning of the year, I was merely an adolescent that was confused as to where he would go, or where life would take him. As I was able to communicate and gain insight through some of you, I began understanding more and more of life.

It may sound silly to you guys, but going on revscene actually helped to improve my grammar and writing skills. I never liked writing or reading, but as I started posting more and more on this forum, seeing some of you post really well-educated responses to certain topics, I found joy within the language of english. It is from here, that I was able to improve in my writing skills in the presence of a bitchy english teacher, and up my grades for a university acceptance that required a supplementary essay. Yes, even though i hate to admit it, I would also like to thank the trolls out there, for giving me the chance to express myself and make my point across to you even though you do not seem to comprehend it.

Revscene is another family to me, constantly feeding me with valuable information I would be unsure of, and constantly scolding me for actions deemed immature. A family made up of accountants, businessmen, car mechanics, engineers, old adults, young adults, and even teenagers that have many years of experience to share with me.

And it only seemed like yesterday, that as I crossed the stage of my commencement, that I could think of revscene as a big contributor to my successes. I grew from a ratty kid that despised life, did poorly in school and had a low self-esteem to someone that would set goals and would retain confidence within his opinions.

Once again, a big thank you to the mods that give up their time to make this forum accessible, the users that help make it happen, and the trolls that give this forum the extra spice . I will continue asking questions, giving responses, and retaliating trolls as I pursue my university degree and as I enter the workforce.

Fafine 06-18-2011 11:59 PM

Your welcome. Btw end of june. Do you have a buddy with the sanme bg as you
Posted via RS Mobile

instantneedles 06-19-2011 12:05 AM

same bg?

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-19-2011 02:12 AM

on are you ecstasy?

...lol joking aside (sort of), amen brother. RS isn't just "some car forum". it's a fuckin' real community. more real, and closer nit than most "real" communities.

Gerbs 06-19-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 7479724)
on are you ecstasy?

...lol joking aside (sort of), amen brother. RS isn't just "some car forum". it's a fuckin' real community. more real, and closer nit than most "real" communities.

Holy, you been in revscene for 10 years.

bcrdukes 06-19-2011 02:51 AM

^
Newb. :p

jerche 06-19-2011 03:11 AM

Come to think about it, I think almost everyone first came on here to take advantage of the buy/sell forum initially. I mean, that's what I did when I first signed up. I never posted anywhere else except there.

Now, after my high school days are over, I almost never post there anymore but elsewhere.

dignatas 06-19-2011 06:22 AM

lol i used the buy/sell forums for clothes and cars and then i noticed that the other sub forums are awesome! (especially the fucked up shit thread i always visit)

Gtrr33 06-19-2011 07:18 AM

kids these days have no respect pffffffffff

but you do

jtanner_ 06-19-2011 08:17 AM

Revscene has changed my life :fullofwin:
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 06-19-2011 08:31 AM

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/32...i-am-proud.jpg

v.Rossi 06-19-2011 09:40 AM

Which picture in the nsfw thread made you create this thread? I demand answers!
Posted via RS Mobile

FN-2199 06-19-2011 09:59 AM

Speaking of grammar...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 7479620)
You're welcome. Btw end of june... Do you have a buddy with the same bg as you?
Posted via RS Mobile

Fixed.

instantneedles 06-19-2011 10:13 AM

Speaking of which, today is fathers day, happy fathers day and thank you to all you guys that have been fathers to me
Posted via RS Mobile

illicitstylz 06-19-2011 10:25 AM

Too long didn't read LOL.
Posted via RS Mobile

DiiCii 06-19-2011 10:33 AM

revscene has made me the troll i am today:troll:

anyways, you're welcome!

dignatas 06-19-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiiCii (Post 7479867)
revscene has made me the troll i am today:troll:

anyways, you're welcome!

yup, he thanks revscene and since you are a troll, revscene must be a troll

:troll:

xmisstrinh 06-19-2011 11:53 AM

awww thats so sweet =D