REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #126
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
^updated everything, the only issue i have for the n9 is that nokia ovie suite does not support N9. wtf!? i gotta figure out another way to transfer my contacts from ovie suite into the n9 now
Advertisement
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #127
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
uhm did you try the new Nokia suite from Beta Labs?

Im actually not 100% on what works with the N9 atm i can't check but i know there's something
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #128

i havent tried beta labs, i will today when i get home, if that works out then i'll be happy

some people say it works with the old pc suite too
Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #129

^^ ah yeah i was thinking of the pc suite

Here read this link there's a workaround to get Nokia Suite to work with the N9 Nokia Suite updated to v3.2.98.0; + Ovi Suite Sync with N9 (instructions)? : My Nokia Blog

read the comments too for some troubleshooting tips and links to files
Old 11-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #130

^thanks! it worked! deleted nokia suite, installed ovi suite and synced the device, then updated to nokia suite and still synced the device
now im backing up the phone

now that this problem is solved, i can say that i have no problems with the phone

this is probably the ONLY phone that i can honestly say it has exceeded my expectations

my N8 was such a huge heartbreak, even tho it was nokia's flag ship, it took them a year to bring out symbian anna, my rogers n8 still doesn't have the update!, but with n9, a week after release and 300+ fixes plus another BIG update coming soon
Old 11-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #131
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Going to order one soon to replace my Galaxy S. These guys are around $640 shipped CDN for a 16GB. Can't wait to turf this Samsung piece of junk.

Nokia N9 16GB (SIM Free/Unlocked) Australian Stock MeeGo O/S, 3.9-Inch AMOLED, Gorilla Glass, 8MP Camera, HD 720p, A-GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth
pgmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #132

^^ that's a good price

are they reputable?

mobyshop.com.sg has it for less (but dont know what shipping costs)

and negrielectronics.com is selling the black 16gb one for $650 currently (incl shipping or if you want usps its $30<<<which ends up being cheaper)
Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #133
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Any word if there will be a NAM release?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #134

as said in chat they're already sold here and they work here

but it sounds like the ones sold here are actually the ones sold in Australia (probably because they got the largest allotment of N9s produced)

the devices are pentaband so they work everywhere

if you're expecting a Carrier released N9 in NA that won't happen because Nokia is only going to bring Windows Phone devices to Canada/USA -_-

Oh you can order N9s from Mexico too they're getting the N9
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #135
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Heh, I remember the days of searching for NAM E71's
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #136
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
as said in chat they're already sold here and they work here

but it sounds like the ones sold here are actually the ones sold in Australia (probably because they got the largest allotment of N9s produced)

the devices are pentaband so they work everywhere

if you're expecting a Carrier released N9 in NA that won't happen because Nokia is only going to bring Windows Phone devices to Canada/USA -_-

Oh you can order N9s from Mexico too they're getting the N9
Why does Nokia do this? It's pretty frustrating, making their customers resorting to purchasing grey market phones.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #137

part of their Microsoft deal, Ballmer gets all the key markets -_-
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #138
RS Veteran

FAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #139
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts

Newegg has the N9 now.

in black for $629.99, and blue for $669.99

Sadly, I can't justify spending $600+ for a phone. If only they could release Meego on a new (not the N900!) ~$300 device, then common folk could get a taste of it.
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #140

well they're trying to get Maemo into their S40 range devices (their cheap line)

they've already made their cheap phone line have a min 1ghz cpu and they're working on getting elements of the OS into S40 etc

so it'll (essentially) be in $100 phones for people to experience soon
Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #141
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Especially when android flagships like the sgs2 and nexus is around the same price
Posted via RS Mobile
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #142

got my 64gb black for 700, worth every fucking cent, i had iphone 2g, 3gs, my gf has the 4g, friend has the s2, i also had an n8 before this, and i still prefer the n9 over them all the OS is just so fresh and new, i cant wait for more updates to see what new features they add next
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 03:31 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
Especially when android flagships like the sgs2 and nexus is around the same price
Posted via RS Mobile
the n9s better than those2 though

but if you shop around you can find the N9 for below the 600# especially if you shop on some singapore sites

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-16-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #144
RS Veteran

Sorry. I'm going to eat my own words (call me a hypocrite) - I said no more Nokia but I caved in and bought a black 16GB Nokia N9 here in LA. I don't have a micro-SIM yet but so far just playing with it - this phone is fucking NICE. I like this WAY better than the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the iPhone 4. This phone is the perfect size.

Beautiful screen and build quality and I love the OS.

Last edited by bcrdukes; 12-20-2011 at 11:41 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #145

mwahahahahahaha

Hot | N9 Apps - Discover the Best Apps and Games for Your Nokia N9!

Apps | nokiagadgets.com

My-MeeGo ~ MeeGo Harmattan (Nokia N9 / N950) Software & News

Useful tips / hacks / tricks / apps for Nokia N9

maemo.org

Nokia N9 Fan Club

some apps u may be interested in flashlight ebuddy sportstracker fennec (firefox)
Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #146
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Loving my N9 so far. Just getting accounts all setup and registered. So far app support looks good i see most of the apps I have used before on Android are available. Glad I switched from Galaxy S.
pgmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #147

is anyone having a problem with facebook? everytime my 3g switches to wfi and vise versa, it re prompts me to sign in again, and sometime my n9 would restart itself (rarely)....the weird thing is this all started AFTER the software update
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #148

Bigzz you might want to try reinstalling the update; i haven't heard of anyone with that issue though but i googled it and it looks like it may be a hardware issue n9: spontaneous reboots - Forum | MeeGo

Customization

if you want to do a little customization here's a little walkthrough on how to change colours etc

#N9Hacks: Changing the colour of LPM clock (Terminal) : My Nokia Blog
Quote:
This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. Since the N900 days, many of us looked all over the web for ways to hack that little beast. My idea, is to create posts, that gather not only my own hacks, but also hacks found around the community, without having to surf through endless Forums. (I’ll do all that ) Some will require Terminal, others will simply be through installing apps. (It is nice to see the community packaging .deb files so the less confident hackers don’t need to go through tricky terminal commands. )

Anyway, in this post I’ll show you how to change the colour of the clock that gets displayed while the device is locked. As you can see in my blurry picture, my Cyan N9 has a Cyan clock. Thought it would only be fitting to have the clock match the phone.

Here there are a few routes you need to take, if you want to get the LowPowerMode screen all one colour.

Clock Colour Change:

Enable dev mode, ensure “utilities” is installed and fire up terminal. Gain root access.
Devel-Su
Password is rootme unless changed
cd /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/
nano *.css
A whole bunch of text should appear.
Use the down arrow on the VKBD to scroll down to LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClock
Once you find it, use the arrows to move over to color and change this to the colour code of your choice. (Colour codes can be found here)
Once done, hit ctrl then x on the VKBD, followed by Y enter, and enter again.
Reboot device and if you did everything correctly (And if I remembered everything ) Then the clock should now have changed colour.

Changing LPM icons:

Something that this mod doesn’t do, is change the colour of the LPM icons. To do this, you will need to alter the icons found in /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons these will all begin with icon-m-low-power-mode. Just edit them to match the same colour. I just used MSPaint as the fill function made it really simple.

In Terminal with root access, cp /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons/icon-m-low-power-*.png /home/user/MyDocs
Plug the device into you computer, in mass storage mode, and the icons should be in the root folder.
Edit them to match the colour of you clock, or not, if you want a two-tone theme going on, or want icons to have a different colour. It is all up to you! Save them back into the root folder.
Overwrite the system files by running cp -R /home/user/MyDocs/icon-m-low-power-*.png /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons/ .
Again, reboot device to see changes.

Update: Cheers to Incognito for reminding me. Only 7 colours will appear correctly; White (#FFFFFF), Red (#ff0000), Green (#00ff00), Blue (#0000ff), Magenta (#ff00ff), Cyan (#00ffff) and Yellow (#ffff00). Of course, Black (#000000) is an option, but that would just remove the clock, and well, why would anyone want that? You can try others, but you are warned, it won’t look good.

If you need help, post it in the comments below, or contact me on twitter.

Michael
Quote:
Q: is there a chance that i can do something similar to change the colours of the music player, because i have many tracks that don´t recognice the cover and almost all the time apears the titles in pink?

A: Yes, look for music player in the same file. If I understand you, you’ll be looking for song title label, change the colour to whatever you want
Quote:
It’s worth to note that it will work only with 8 base colors: white (#FFFFFF), black (#000000), red (#ff0000), green (#00ff00), blue (#0000ff), magenta (#ff00ff), cyan (#00ffff) and yellow (#ffff00). All other colors will not show up correctly on the lock screen as it uses the low-power mode which skips a lot of sub-pixels composing the color in order to save power – you’ll essentially get a somewhat dithered target color with bleeding subpixels if you use other colors.

read the comments on that page for some more info
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #149
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Best Nokia Smartphone! N9! New! 64GB!

I am assuming this is fake, right?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #150
RS Veteran

Yes. I saw the same image being used in Los Angeles and Orange County Craigslist.