REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 06-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Cheapest place to take your dog/cat for dental cleaning?

Hey guys,

Just looking for a little guidance. The last couple of time I've taken my dog to the vet to get her teeth clean it costs me $400-$600. If I take her to the same place my vet will charge me $800!

Do you guys know anywhere that is cheaper and does a pretty good job?

THanks for your help,
aspires.
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Kingsway vet. They are close to Kingsway at Joyce. Total was $280.
votoms888 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

when should your dog's teeth be cleaned? my dog is 1 years old now and had never gone for a dental cleaning.
monster12FREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

a lot has to do with what you feed your dog. You could always brush your dogs teeth yourself.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
VLS Pet Forum Mod

Teeth scraping is not something I would do every year, unless the dog has really bad teeth. Vets put the dogs under to do the teeth scraping. There is someone that does it without anesthetic (but it will depend on your dog if you can do this or not).
Old 10-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Revert back to their natural state. Dogs will chew sticks bones and the raw hide from their kill. My dog gets the occasional raw hide chew from the local pet store, I prefer going to a holistic / natural pet store. Raw hide pig ear or bradded bone should run you 2-7 dollars and should last as long as 2 months, washing it occasionally to prevent bacteria. Let them chew sticks just make sure they don't start eating them, removing a blockage can be costly and stressful.
I also have at least 2 bones around the house big enough he can't just mulch but they have to chew on. Pork shoulders seem his favorite but find your preference.

Scaling a dogs teeth should be the last resort. I find it extremely expensive and only necessary in extreme cases.

I understand cost is a huge factor but you also want what's best for your family member. South burnaby veterinary hospital is amazing. The people there know what they are doing iv taken both my dogs there and my friends all take theirs there to. Tho it is pricey its worth it in quality.
Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Save up to 90% in your Neighbourhood | Surrey.com Savings in your City

Quote:
If you're worried that your dog's teeth aren't as healthy as they should be, take advantage of today's deal and receive a little peace of mind. For only $100 - saving you 60% off the usual price - your pooch can receive a sedation-free teeth scaling and polishing, as well as a free consultation on long term oral care for your pet.

Using all-natural products in a caring and comfortable atmosphere, your dog will strut out of Pampered Pets and Care with a bright smile that will make them the envy of the dog park. Pampered Pets and Care doesn't use anesthetics, making the whole process much easier for you and your pet. In addition to helping alleviate bad breath, good oral hygiene for your dog will also help them live a longer and healthier life!
Has anybody been to this place before? Seems like a pretty good deal for doggy teeth cleaning
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Sparkle Bark
Took my dog to this place.. They did an awesome job. Highly recommended.