REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

what does a ring indicate on left/right fingers?

I looked at previous posts and did some googling but I wanted some fresh responses since old threads with the same topic came up about 5-7 years ago.

I'm interested in this female who works in a profession where she sees new patients everyday or everyweek. I don't quite remember but I think she was wearing a diamond ring on her right hand middle finger. It could've been the finger next to the pinky but definitely a ring on her right hand.

Now normally I don't approach girls with rings but should I reconsider? Does it mean anything? Maybe because she sees so many different patients that she wants to scare them away. We click really well but that's from my own opinion. I tried to get her to tell me whether or not she has a bf without making it obvious. She's going on vacay tomorrow so I asked where she was going and she told me, but she didn't mention bf or anything. The ring is throwing me off. Any ideas?

Thanks!

yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
無敵

Well the middle finger shouldn't indicate anything. Sometimes the right ring finger is used for promise rings or engagement rings (so I've heard, I've never seen this).

Why don't you just ask her if she has a boyfriend or pretend to comment on her ring and see what she says?

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^ I didn't want to make it too obvious because I'll still see her a few more times. Maybe during the last day when I have nothing to lose.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
dont know if this site is true.. but here have a read
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-...for-rings.html
http://dellycious.multiply.com/journ...ch_finger_mean
http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-th...gs?&id=1757185
Old 06-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Wedding band typically goes on left hand, 4th finger (between pinky & middle).
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
Well the middle finger shouldn't indicate anything. Sometimes the right ring finger is used for promise rings or engagement rings (so I've heard, I've never seen this).

Why don't you just ask her if she has a boyfriend or pretend to comment on her ring and see what she says?
Some people use the right hand for inherited rings too or rings from non relationship sources.

I had a ring from a love one who passed on and I wore it on my right ring finger for years (though some people did assume I was married even though it was the wrong hand).
Old 06-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I may be wrong, but I think that in some parts of the world, the wedding ring is worn on the right hand (still on the ring finger though) as opposed to the left hand. I've never known of any real significance to a ring on the middle finger though. Like Enzo said, those may be true, but I've never really heard of them.
Strzelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

IIRC some people use rings on different fingers to represent different stages in the relationship...like "chasing", "engagement", and "marriage" but i forget which fingers and how many stages there are

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

" Are you married? " would work the best if it's me, no shame in showing the girl I am interested ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

"aren't wedding rings on the left hand"

and theres your answer
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Bring up the ring in a casual conversation. I wear a ring from time to time on my right hand. Just has sentimental value to me, and like to dust it off every now-and-again.
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
"aren't wedding rings on the left hand"

and theres your answer
+1 or replace wedding ring with engagement ring since it is on the middle finger

Normally, I was told right hand middle finger-promise ring, left hand middle finger engagement, and left hand "ring" finger -marriage
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote