REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   Thanks: Slammed White '11 STI Sedan (https://www.revscene.net/forums/648262-thanks-slammed-white-11-sti-sedan.html)

Roach 06-22-2011 09:50 PM

I was rear-ended today on Knight st bridge north bound in bumper to bumper traffic by a red Chrysler 300. In spite of a pretty serious impact, the damage was some minor scuffing. I let the other driver go as I don't want to be a dick with some bullshit injury claim or whatever. I could buff the scuffs out. Shit happens.

Either way, the driver of a white '11 STI Sedan was the car behind and actually saw it happen. You stopped and got out and offered to be a a witness but since the damage was minimal I waved you on. Unfortunately, I didn't catch your name.

I'm pretty sure you are on here though as I think I saw your car at the OpenRoad Toyota Port Moody meet-up to attend the Vancouver Auto Show.

Just wanted to say thanks. Not a lot of people stop and offer to be a witness nowadays!!

Kev

iamed 06-22-2011 10:03 PM

Hey Kev! Not a problem, I believe its common courtesy as I know first hand how ICBC can fk someone over without proper witnesses. I was shocked when I saw the Chrysler run straight into you but relieved to see there was no major damages and injury to you and your car. Your car sounded awesome BTW!

Ed

- kT 06-22-2011 10:05 PM

^ goddamn i wish the thank button was working right about now

and first your car got vandalised, now it got rear ended? damn man, shitty few weeks for you and your car :(

jpark 06-22-2011 10:25 PM

"thanks" given to 'iamed' :D

TRDood 06-22-2011 10:32 PM

Your car is fixed within a week!? That's efficient.

Was it at around 5pm? Damn Knight was a mess both ways.

Roach 06-22-2011 11:23 PM

Ed! I knew you were on here haha. Were you the guy at the Port Moody meet? I absolutely love your drop. What suspension are you running? Thanks about the exhaust, I'm running an Invidia turboback.

I too was totally shocked to be hit. I glanced back at your car admiring it. Looked forward to stop and bam! Hit me really hard too. I got out expecting the worst. Fortunately it turned out okay.

TRDood: No, my GTI unfortunately just got to the bodyshop. They actually tried to deny some of the damage claiming it appeared to be due to an unrelated incident. Had to battle with the estimator today. $9k damage though :( Going to be a lot tougher to sell her now.

And not even an hour later my STI gets rear-ended on Knight.

All-in-all, a really tense day, but Ed stopping at the scene was a silver-lining in the day and I just wanted to take the time out to thank you again. If we cross paths again, beers on me.

Kev

Matsuda 06-23-2011 05:21 AM

Damn Kev, glad you're alright and I'm happy the STI wasn't too badly damaged.

iamed 06-23-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 7486973)
Ed! I knew you were on here haha. Were you the guy at the Port Moody meet? I absolutely love your drop. What suspension are you running? Thanks about the exhaust, I'm running an Invidia turboback.

I too was totally shocked to be hit. I glanced back at your car admiring it. Looked forward to stop and bam! Hit me really hard too. I got out expecting the worst. Fortunately it turned out okay.

TRDood: No, my GTI unfortunately just got to the bodyshop. They actually tried to deny some of the damage claiming it appeared to be due to an unrelated incident. Had to battle with the estimator today. $9k damage though :( Going to be a lot tougher to sell her now.

And not even an hour later my STI gets rear-ended on Knight.

All-in-all, a really tense day, but Ed stopping at the scene was a silver-lining in the day and I just wanted to take the time out to thank you again. If we cross paths again, beers on me.

Kev

Yep that we me at the Port Moody meet and I'm currently running H&R coilovers. I believe I saw your MS3 before on Highway 1 as well, AND you have a GTI? You really like your hatchbacks eh :D? Thanks alot and I'm sure we'll cross paths again!

Ed

Roach 06-23-2011 11:14 AM

Ahh, I saw you last week as well. I was on Boundary southbound waiting at the light for Kingsway and you turned right onto Boundary heading northbound from Kingsway. Oddly I see your car quite a bit.

And yay, thanks are back. Please thank iamed for being a good guy!!

Kev

rawr 06-23-2011 11:47 AM

Pics of iamed's STI? :D

mb_ 06-23-2011 11:47 AM

Your GTI gets vandalized and your STI gets rear ended? Damn that's some shitty luck man, hope you the best! Glad to hear your STI wasn't that badly damaged.

shenmecar 06-23-2011 06:10 PM

I would suggest you take a look behind the bumper. Especially the bolts/clips, that hold the bumper on to make sure they arent damaged.

CivicS 06-23-2011 06:15 PM

good job Ed!

ready for the gauges yet?

:D

ruthless 06-23-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 7487858)
I would suggest you take a look behind the bumper. Especially the bolts/clips, that hold the bumper on to make sure they arent damaged.

+1 the shock absorber might be damaged as well, the bumper gets pushed in and pops back out making it seem only minor, and makes you think it'll buff out but after a while the paint will start to chip and flake off
...hopefully you got the other cars license plate number at least

monkeywrench 06-23-2011 08:09 PM

Hope your car is fine. I agree to what the above post says. Don't judge a book by its cover.
My dad's car was rear ended one day. I didn't even see it at all when I went home. I couldn't even see the mark from the hit when I put my face into the bumper. The total fix came to $750 because the frame from behind was bent. Luckily we had ICBC deal with it

Roach 06-23-2011 09:02 PM

^ Thanks guys for looking out!

I did look at the clips and was surprised to see how resilient the STI was at absorbing the impact. Everything looks A-Ok at this point.

I'll try to take the bumper off soon to ensure the foam is alright. And yes, I got the driver's license plate and found my witness. Thanks to RS :fuckyea:

Kev