REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #26
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
i havent gotten pulled over in 5 years, my hate just comes from when I was young.

I went to court one time to dispute a U-turn ticket, and the "pig" came up to me before we went inside and told me to plead guilty or else he will ask the judge to take my lisence away,

I asked him why would he do that?

and he said "because I can"

he was literally just trying to make my life miserable, because it was fun for him. Not once did I ever give him an ounce if disrespect, from the moment he pulled me over, to the minute I left the court room.

another insident when I had my N, being young and cool, I "cut out" my N so it was black. Got pulled over and the cop said if I couldnt call one of my friends to bring me a real N sign in the next 10 minutes, he was towing my car.

how in the fucking hell is that not trying to make good peoples lives hell? again I never even gave the cop so much as a bad look, I spoke politely and gave the utmost respect.

or how about the cop who gave me a V.I for having a lowered car? when in fact my fucking car wasnt even lowered, it just had 17's on it with 50 big tires.

this same cop pulls me over the next week and tries to V.I me AGAIN for the same thing, even after I showed him the fucking inspection papers.

say what you will, I have no respect for them, because I have yet to meet ONE that has shown me respect.

well actually there was one traffic cop lady in chilliwack who pulled me over and was the nicest person ever, but that was one out of like 10?

and yes, if I was in an argument with a cop, on the street, sure I would call him a pig, why not? whats he gonna do?

as long as theres no way for him to give me any tickets out of spite.
So other than that one instance of being innocent, did you actually do an illegal u-turn? We know you cut out the N and the officer has every right to do what he said would do in that case.

I'm curious how the hearing went for you dispute for the u-turn. I presume you'll come back on here saying you won but I would've liked to hear everything said in court.
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
^ its not the point of wether or not they have the right to do it, its the point that they are complete assholes.

ofcourse he had the right to tow my car, but he could have just said, go straight home and put on a normal one.

and its has nothing to do with the actual U-turn ticket, its the fact that he was pist off that day and said he would try and take my lisence.

why go the extra mile to ruin my day? why not just give me the ticket and leave?
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #28
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
I do it all the time,

pigs dont be needin anymore of our money

Dood keep that fucking attitude over on VCC where people tolerate it. I would love to give you points for this but it's not my section. Perhaps you should do some research into where the term "pig" actually comes from in reference to police. Then you'll actually know why it's demeaning and then perhaps you won't throw the term around so casually.

I'm no police nuthugger by any means but show some fucking respect on these forums.

Berz out.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #29
Ricer Mod

Quote:
^ its not the point of wether or not they have the right to do it, its the point that they are complete assholes.

ofcourse he had the right to tow my car, but he could have just said, go straight home and put on a normal one.

and its has nothing to do with the actual U-turn ticket, its the fact that he was pist off that day and said he would try and take my lisence.

why go the extra mile to ruin my day? why not just give me the ticket and leave?
If you were doing nothing wrong... nothing wrong would be done.

Berz out.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
Ricer Mod

On topic though sorry for multi posting... rather than flashing high beams, what if you simply turn your headlights on and off (in daytime driving conditions) rather than flashing high beams. Is there a violation for turning your headlights off and on?

Berz out.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
The officer demanded you plead quilty, because if you didn't your proving that you don't realize you've done anything wrong and therefore you shouldn't have a license.

If the officer let you go odds are you wouldn't have replaced the N, they wanted to see you put a proper one on your car before leaving the scene.
Quote:

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
^ how is that not going out of their way to be assholes?
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #33
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Maybe turning your head to the left a bit and looking at your avatar ?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #34
Ricer Mod

LOL No lube.

Berz out.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #35
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
^ how is that not going out of their way to be assholes?
The officers didn't need to give you the opportunity to plead guilty or get a replacement N, that's what your not realizing. They were giving you opportunities to redeem yourself.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:

As for the tow, you were illegally operating your motor vehicle then.

If you read the back of your license, it has your restrictions. If one of the is the have a FULLY INTACT ICBC N, then you need to have that. Otherwise, you're driving contrary to restrictions. Not only that, if you got into an accident, ICBC could totally void your insurance.

Him giving you the 10 mins is already giving you a break. Who knows what would have happened "on the drive home". As much as we would like to believe accidents won't happen to us, it is when we least expect it that it happens.

And you better think twice who the assholes or the guys who'll eff up your week are. ICBC or the cops. I'm better on ICBC.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I've ran into my share as well. They were not pleasant. Some were also confrontational.
I wouldn't go as far as calling them "pigs". But I HAVE lost a lot of respect for some of them.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #38
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
As for the tow, you were illegally operating your motor vehicle then.

If you read the back of your license, it has your restrictions. If one of the is the have a FULLY INTACT ICBC N, then you need to have that. Otherwise, you're driving contrary to restrictions. Not only that, if you got into an accident, ICBC could totally void your insurance.

Him giving you the 10 mins is already giving you a break. Who knows what would have happened "on the drive home". As much as we would like to believe accidents won't happen to us, it is when we least expect it that it happens.

And you better think twice who the assholes or the guys who'll eff up your week are. ICBC or the cops. I'm better on ICBC.
IMO it's just one of the many flaws of our society that cause people to stop using their brains and do whatever is written down for them. I'd like for someone at ICBC/RCMP to look me straight in the eye and tell me that if Glove had a proper N sign accidents could have been avoided. In fact I'd also like for someone to look me straight in the eye and say that his N sign would obstruct traffic less than being pulled over waiting for a tow truck and having the car towed across town. Sure bureaucracy and legislation levels the playing field for some of the idiots I've seen driving around in a police cruiser and many other components of society, but these half-wits need to realize that just because you can doesn't make it right. I'm glad to see a drunk driver or an excessive speeder having their car impounded but some of these chicken-shit rights should not belong in the hands of certain idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Except that as soon as an aggressive/speeding driver gets through the speed trap they're just going to resume speeding. Getting caught and having the financial penalties levied against them may well create enough of an economic incentive to slow them down, as caring about their safety and that of anyone else on the road is obviously not sufficient.
You will be hard pressed to find empirical research that proves speeding tickets reduces recidivism, the driver will probably avoid speeding in that one spot from then on but chances are he'll probably go on speeding through the rest of the highway by the next day.

Last edited by ilvtofu; 07-03-2011 at 10:29 AM.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

Since speed traps are always and only set up in high crash locations, my headlight flashing is simply to warn oncoming drivers of an increased crash risk at that location.

Saving them a speeding ticket is just secondary

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #40
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Yeeeaaahhh! That's it. Really. We believe you, really. Now about that multi-level marketing offer we were talking about before...there is no way you can loose money on it, trust me.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Police
We target our enforcement in high-crash locations, not locations where we can easily catch you to make money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivers
Yeeeaaahhh! That's it. Really. We believe you, really.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
On topic though sorry for multi posting... rather than flashing high beams, what if you simply turn your headlights on and off (in daytime driving conditions) rather than flashing high beams. Is there a violation for turning your headlights off and on?

Berz out.
This won't do much on most cars that use the low beam as DRLs.

Fogs lights on/off is a much better choice, for cars with fog lights obviously
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
This won't do much on most cars that use the low beam as DRLs.
Yeh, probably not the best idea to be lifting your parking brake while driving.