REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

1997 Prelude SH issue.

Hopefully someone can point in the right direction here. My GF's SH lude has had the ATTS light coming on and off randomly. I understand how the system works, but the causes of the light coming on seem to be many. Today though I was merging onto the high way 4th-5th at about 4500 rpm and it kind of stuttered almost like it had fuel starvation of some kinda ignition cutout I'm not sure which, lasted only a second. Now the ATTS light is on all the time.

I want to get it scanned to see if its throwing any codes. But i thought it wouldnt hurt to ask here. Also I was reading the the '97 had a revised control module for the ATTS system is this generally the cause of the malfuncion?

Thanks

PS car is mint never abused, 100xxx KM's
Advertisement
FlaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

My ATTS light came on all the time in my lude, it was code 70 something, 78 maybe? It ended being a faulty atts ecu i believe (Honda has a bulletin out for 97 ludes, its common for the atts computer to go bad because of hard cornering or just over time). My light was always coming on and off randomly.

On a side note did the CEL go on when it stuttered? The CEL will cause the ATTS light to go on
B20Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

CEL has never come on, it started coming on randomly at first now it just seems to come on and stay on, even on start up. The hesitation is a definet first.

Driving wise did you notice anything outta the ordinary when yer ATTS light would come on?
FlaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

hope these help:

Teaches how to check codes and find out what is wrong with it. (will require you to download helms manual if you havent already to diagnose... Also includes ATTS codes)
http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/ano...ht-dtc-244665/

Apparently someone uploaded scans from ATTS manual. I dont drive SH, so i never downloaded it. So I wont be confirming if the download link works or not ;p
http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/typ...-guide-228760/

good luck ;D
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaK View Post
CEL has never come on, it started coming on randomly at first now it just seems to come on and stay on, even on start up. The hesitation is a definet first.

Driving wise did you notice anything outta the ordinary when yer ATTS light would come on?
Nothing out of the ordinary when it came on for me, just all of a sudden a yellow light. Best thing is to check the code for it, then see what the code is for and go from there
B20Luder is offline   Reply With Quote