REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Anyone know ICBC approved body shops that can help me out?

okay heres the deal:
last year around july i brought out my 180sx project from the grave.

looked like this:

my first turbocharged car, only 79,000 clicks 1989 180sx
slapped on coils, rims, a lip etc. all that good stuff.

this was my goal

the dream..

then i got a hit and run, parking lot edition..

found out who hit me was some old dude and his car was parked like 10 meters away, just chillin', even his paint was on my car!

ended up taking it to icbc, because he was denying everything...

something was wrong with my intercooler upon impact, also my tie rod snapped.. electrical wires frayed and fried.. car wouldn't start

this phantom project is becoming a pain in the ovaries.

as soon as i go to icbc, he tells them he's a veteran and he didn't do anything wrong and he fought to defend our country. guess his story passed

so i didn't want to pay the 300 deductable, so like any drifter in the works i just drove it like that..

got some new toys.

ipad meet 180

yummmmmm

check out that stance..

loving the poke

ANYWAYS
my real question starts here:
its been a year, and i realized that i still have that 800 dollars left from the claim minus the 300 dedutcable. icbc priced a recycled bumper at 250 but i bought a origin aggressive streamline bumper just recently and my friend already mounted it.

mind you, its not mounted that great, just zip ties and zap straps.

anyways i have about 8 hours labour for machining and 4.5 hours for paint in my icbc claim and it expires next month. does anyone know a shop i can go to that would help me out?

it totally wasn't my fault, and its not a lot of work, i just want my front bumper mounted properly and painted. the hood was damaged so i replaced it with a gold one. but if that was painted black i wouldn't mind. doesn't really matter to me. i just have about 1100 worth of icbc claim and I would like to paint my car front bumper. I also would like to get the side skirts and rear bumper painted as well. this is no means a full car paint job ahahah i just want my car painted one color. is that something illegal to do?

this is what my car looks like right now

lemme know if someone can help me out!! LOL i wanna be able to drive my car to dtp jk jk

also lemme know what u think of my car, its so ugly but i love it since i built it from scratch

much appreciated!!!
Advertisement
officejesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

wouldnt any ICBC apporved shop be able to help?? Theyll take the dollar amount of your claim and just bill you for anything more. And arent ICBC claims good for 2 years?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

ICBC claim is good for 2 years from the date of loss.

What were you thinking of how much more you'd want to spend?

Where abouts (What area) do you want to look near or around?
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #4

oh shoot really! i was just wondering which shops would be more lenient because so far the shops i have looked into are very STRICT at following the damage report insisted on the claim. and a lot of them are very picky

my claim only allows for:
oem bumper recycled $250
fender metal bending and refinishing
replacing the other fender
mounting
and finally painting.

i already have a bumper
so -250.
and i dont care about the fender
i'm really only looking to for paint, instead of all this refinishing lable stuff.

so paint for my bumper, hood, side skirts, and rear.

but the icbc shops i've been to aren't too friendly, saying they can only do it by the book. and its like 250 extra to paint each piece thats not the front bumper. na'mean? im sure the 1100 covers all the paint tho.

i live in surrey, but i dont mind traveling if my car gets fixed. hahaha my diy zip tie job is sagging and it rubs when i turn

thanks for ur help! its good to know i have a full year to worry about it. but i wanna do it soon! i hate unfinished projects!
Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
A-class autobody on scott and 94 should, they repainted my whole car for like an extra $300 on top of my ICBC claim a few years ago
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
Cosmos Autobody does great work. Lots of the Subaru guys go there, and they did an awesome job on my bumper when I got into an accident.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #7

i got a bunch of pm's and messages, looks like i'll be able to finish my car soon! thanks so much for your help rs !
Old 06-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
A-class autobody on scott and 94 should, they repainted my whole car for like an extra $300 on top of my ICBC claim a few years ago
+1 to A-Class my dads friends with the owner and they may be able to "help you out"
Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by officejesus View Post
oh shoot really! i was just wondering which shops would be more lenient because so far the shops i have looked into are very STRICT at following the damage report insisted on the claim. and a lot of them are very picky

my claim only allows for:
oem bumper recycled $250
fender metal bending and refinishing
replacing the other fender
mounting
and finally painting.

i already have a bumper
so -250.
and i dont care about the fender
i'm really only looking to for paint, instead of all this refinishing lable stuff.

so paint for my bumper, hood, side skirts, and rear.

but the icbc shops i've been to aren't too friendly, saying they can only do it by the book. and its like 250 extra to paint each piece thats not the front bumper. na'mean? im sure the 1100 covers all the paint tho.

i live in surrey, but i dont mind traveling if my car gets fixed. hahaha my diy zip tie job is sagging and it rubs when i turn

thanks for ur help! its good to know i have a full year to worry about it. but i wanna do it soon! i hate unfinished projects!
Don't take what's written as 'This is all ICBC will pay for' - More often than not - a shop will supplement for additional damage / parts / or to change the price for a part that was no longer available.

My suggestion would be to go in to a shop you're thinking of and actually talk to one of the guys behind the counter. There should be a few options that the shop could provide you with to accomidate what you're looking to have done.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote