REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #51
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-U-Retarded? View Post
But isnt this what cops do?
When I was in highschool I always heard stories about, "I was smoking a joint but the cop took all the weed i had and let me go.", "I was drinking beer in public but the cop let me go just this once", "I got pulled over for speeding but the cop let me go just this once," "I got pulled over because i didnt have my N sign but he let me go just this once"

Cops have this discretion and is often practiced. Especially the laxation on weed. So a part of the influence of 'turning a blind eye' can be influenced by cops. ex/ If i see someone smoking a joint and call the cops right now, its more likely that the cop will just take the joint away and let him go. And if i see this happen, the next time i probably wont bother to call.
There is a difference between selilng drugs and using them.
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #52
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
It's funny how some of you guys are telling people not to rat, and it wont do shit, yet in the Riot thread you are all supporters of getting the people who were involved.

What's the difference? Crime is crime. You guys go buck wild trying to play scooby doo on the rioters but then defend drug dealers. Yes, being a low level drug dealer isn't bad, but neither is fighting with people on the streets are cheering on looters as well right?

Typical RS, hypocritical losers.
+1, my thoughts exactly
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #53
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
There is a difference between selilng drugs and using them.
yes fair point but to counter, a 'crime is a crime' and turning a blind eye against crime is turning a blind eye against crime.
R-U-Retarded? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #54
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-U-Retarded? View Post
yes fair point but to counter, a 'crime is a crime' and turning a blind eye against crime is turning a blind eye against crime.
Just because the police didn't arrest the people smoking pot, doesn't mean a blind eye was turned. A blind eye would be the cops seeing people smoking weed, and then not even approaching the individuals.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

WOW! ur a snitch, go kill urself.
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #56
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
^ lol BlueG2, you keep hitting their nerves, now they're all coming out on RS to bitch hahaha
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #57
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
" serious incident? say like.. an overdose?'....how about a driveby shooting or rip with guns? How about one of their hammered clients running into someone with their cars while they dash in and out? I won't even mention the drug crap left on your lawn or the fact that crime in the neighbourhood goes up and vehicle and home breaks increase as his clients look for a way to pay for his illegal drugs. I had one live across from me and the traffic of stoned drivers every few minutes day & night and vehicle & home breaks was enough to upset everyone around him. We were going to bust his trade when he disappeared suddenly, his wife and family got death threats and he disappeared forever because he owed somebody nasty lots of money. Drop a quarter to crimestoppers...nobody expects you to do a "Walking Tall" on him. Why would you want this festering sore in your neighbourhood around your family and home? You are not going to change the world but at least you made a difference for your family and friends.
QFMFT.

I've lived in two neighborhoods now where the drug trade started sliding in... and break-ins started ramping up almost immediately after. I've seen the trade start to pick up in our current neighborhood as well (quiet cul-de-sac in the 'burbs), and vehicle break-ins start to pick up along with it. The customers come to the end of the street to meet their score... maybe they need extra cash, maybe they're just bored, but they seem to like to kill time waiting by casing the cars on the street and in the building complex. Neither dealers nor customers are "local" to the neighborhood, it's just a convenient, out-of-the-way meeting place, far enough off the beaten track to be inconspicuous, but near enough to major routes to facilitate readily blending into the crowd.

Fortunately this time, there are more people than just us who care enough to phone the cops when they see this activity, and even if they don't bust anyone, just an increased police presence in the area is enough to move the trade somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:45 AM   #58
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Too many criminals out there for Police to catch them all, Policing in Canada requires help from the citizens. Make the call.

Police may be one more piece of information away from developing enough intel to obtain a search warrant, or to at least justify the funds to conduct a surveillance project. Your information will go on file and help in the big picture, which most people here don't seem to see.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #59
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
If you were going to do something, you should have gone to a payphone or something in Maple Ridge and gave all the guys info, not post it on a forum.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #60
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Well if I were you, I wouldn't say anything to the police now. Do you know how HUGE RS is in it's members? Think about it, it's possible someone might know who your talking about.
Example: A male, 5"10, eye glasses, braces, skinny, school boy look could seem like the most innocent person around you but behind all that could be the biggest dealer under the table and you'd never know compared to the big bulky shaved headed tattoo guy stereotype. All I'm saying is you should of never come to RS to ask "What to do.." If your real intent was to bust this guy, you should of went to your local police office and reported it to remain undetected. Now, your just a heat score. I'm not a computer tech or whiz, I know just about as much as every other college/university kid needs to know but let me tell you this, in grade 5 many years and years ago even with my childish skills and some time on my hands I could crack an IP address with my friends. I'm not a dealer, I know people that deal, some of the nicest people i've met and some not so nice, point is, you don't know who's watching you. By coming here I understand you needed advice on what to do but sometimes it's better you just do something yourself and not tell anyone about it. Besides, everyone browses these forums: Cops, Druggies, Addicts, Dealers, ect...If you think RS is some "safe" community where only everything that's posted here ONLY RS members can see and it stays a secret... you got a lot to learn
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #61
RS Veteran

Car theft, and breaking into cars for valuables is probably mostly done by addicts or bums who need quick cash. I would think that in a car forum, those here would be sensitive to things such as having their cars vandalized, stole, or broken into... Most of those, except vandalism, are a results of people wanting fast cash.

Last edited by Spidey; 07-10-2011 at 10:16 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #62
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
^ lol BlueG2, you keep hitting their nerves, now they're all coming out on RS to bitch hahaha
tee hee hee
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #63
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I don't really have much to add to the actual topic other then I guess maybe a little wisdom that I can't even take credit for...

1) For the op: "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."

2) To some of the sad post's in this thread: "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of moral crises maintain their neutrality."
impulse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse777 View Post
I don't really have much to add to the actual topic other then I guess maybe a little wisdom that I can't even take credit for...

1) For the op: "All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."

2) To some of the sad post's in this thread: "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of moral crises maintain their neutrality."
Amen! I now see the light, so I do not perish in hell I will attend church every sunday now! My holy brother I have failed you! Oh mighty higher power up there in the galaxy, repent and clear me of my sins.

Ya right!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #65
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nt3rw0lf View Post
Amen! I now see the light, so I do not perish in hell I will attend church every sunday now! My holy brother I have failed you! Oh mighty higher power up there in the galaxy, repent and clear me of my sins.

Neither of those quotes are biblical, you realize... the first is Edward Burke, the second is from Dante.

Just a little culture for you heathens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Neither of those quotes are biblical, you realize... the first is Edward Burke, the second is from Dante.

Just a little culture for you heathens...
Ok so its not biblical but it gave me the impression it was, I was just trying to have a little holy fun lol
Its good to know that thanks for clearing that up
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #67
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Amen! I now see the light, so I do not perish in hell I will attend church every sunday now! My holy brother I have failed you! Oh mighty higher power up there in the galaxy, repent and clear me of my sins.Ya right!
Posted via RS Mobile

> Athiest here < Thanks soundy. Hell does not have to be "hell" ie .
impulse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
holy fuck, end this thread already
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #69
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Call the police. Don't let anybody (even the internet) knows about that. Simple.

Some pathetic human beings in this thread is why I smell weed almost everywhere I go in Vancouver. Smoking weed gotta be the cool thing people do it on the beach in plain sight. No the police won't arrest the crackheads. What can do they with them? Nothing. We don't have addict camps unlike some place in Asia. And you're right, one call doesn't do shit. But if everyone do their parts, it should be reduced.

I don't doubt many of the ones that advise people "turning the blind eyes" do crack at one point or another. It must be extremely tough to be a law enforcer here for sure.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #70
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Snitches get stitches!

But seriously, why bother reporting him? My friend used to deal crack and coke, then one day the police catches on, so then he got busted soon afterward. Just let the police do the work themselves. Glad my buddy's okay now with no charge and he's more legit then ever.
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #71
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
The ignorance in this thread is awesome. There are 2 things you have to take into consideration here. Is OP's DD dealing from the house or is he a driver. "A friend of mine" sells. He never EVER had anyone come to his house. That's the stupidest thing a dealer can do. Letting the customers know where he lives. For 1 they will knock on your door at any time of day or night and you don't fucking want that. 2 they have the possibility of trying to rob you or they can pass of your address to someone else to rob you. 3. It brings heat on you.
If he's a deliver driver (most likely scenario as most low level dealers are just delivery boys) The entire operation is done by DELIVERING the drugs to the people who need them. So saying your crime rate is going to go up because you have a dealer living in the neighborhood is NOT a fact. The crack heads live where they live and the drugs come to them and THEIR neighborhood. This guy your thinking about calling the Po Po on probably didn't come up with his clients on his own. It takes a long time to build a client base for this type of thing and you don't want to be stealing other peoples customers. SO he probably just got given a phone and told to deliver. If he get's busted someone else gets the phone and the cycle continues. Besides most low level guys like make a fair bit of money then get tired of the every day bullshit you encounter dealing with crackheads all the time. Then you give it up and go on with normal everyday life.

In conclusion, if you think your going to stop the trade of drugs by calling the police and wasting their time, your wrong. The crackheads are not going to stop being crackheads because you stopped one of the 5 numbers they call for drugs.

Berz out.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #72
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,575 Times in 4,294 Posts
If I was the OP I would ask for a deal
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #73
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Sweet mother of god some of you guys are dumb as a post.

Report this guy, and any other drug activity you see. Yes this can make a difference in helping police operations (see the post a few above), clean up your neighborhood, and slowly help wear down the drug trade.

You know what happens if this guy doesn't get called in? Cars start getting broken into, houses start getting broken into, and more dealers start moving into the area because they find out that the area seems to be turning a blind eye.

No calling in one dealer isn't gonna suddenly change the world, but if regular citizens help provide tips to crack down on dealer, and dealers start getting hit harder, I'd bet fewer people would want to be dealers. Fewer dealers = harder on the drug trade.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Sweet mother of god some of you guys are dumb as a post.

Report this guy, and any other drug activity you see. Yes this can make a difference in helping police operations (see the post a few above), clean up your neighborhood, and slowly help wear down the drug trade.

You know what happens if this guy doesn't get called in? Cars start getting broken into, houses start getting broken into, and more dealers start moving into the area because they find out that the area seems to be turning a blind eye.

No calling in one dealer isn't gonna suddenly change the world, but if regular citizens help provide tips to crack down on dealer, and dealers start getting hit harder, I'd bet fewer people would want to be dealers. Fewer dealers = harder on the drug trade.
Dealers are not where the money is made. If there were no Dealers at all, trust me, the drug trade wouldn't suffer at all. Anyways, let this thread die, your just repeating what was said by 10 other people in this thread.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #75
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
Quote:
Dealers are not where the money is made. If there were no Dealers at all, trust me, the drug trade wouldn't suffer at all. Anyways, let this thread die, your just repeating what was said by 10 other people in this thread.
I wish there was a fail button in this forum because you would've gotten your fail cherry popped, and it'd be raw.

It's not about stopping the trade, or putting any kind of dent in it. It's about getting that shit away from the neighborhood. Turn up the heat, and the dealers and junkies will be forced to do their business elsewhere. Citizens that want to keep their neighborhood nice need to do their part to show that scum isn't welcome.