REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   not paying tickets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649166-not-paying-tickets.html)

m4k4v4li 07-06-2011 11:31 AM

not paying tickets

k I'll give an updated revision of the situation so you guys can better understand what I'm asking

i went to my court date a couple of months ago and got off free...apparently because i didn't get my court date in a timely fashion, im not obligated to pay it. the judge didn't even ask me anything (this was pretty much proclaimed) he just asked if i had any objections. I said one word the whole trial. "no" and he said thank you, you are free to leave

im just curious as to why i am able to dodge tickets for so long to the extent that they send a collector after me, at which point im physically re-served my ticket in person and given another court date to plead guilty or not guilty and then followed up with ANOTHER court date if i pleaded not guilty, then able to get off because I stalled for so long. can this practice be applied for all tickets? which is why i asked if its applicable to traffic violations

fsy82 07-06-2011 01:24 PM

i wish i could fail you

k3mps 07-06-2011 11:58 PM

man just pay the ticket when you get it to get it out of the way and prevent any future issues...

and don't break the law.

xilley 07-07-2011 01:39 AM

how did you react when the cops found you peeing? LOL

bloodline129 07-07-2011 01:52 AM

Fuckin hilarious hahaha
Posted via RS Mobile

Five-Oh 07-07-2011 07:42 PM

Even if you receive tickets with no points, ICBC still has the ability to review your drivers license status and suspend it.

It is unlikely that they will suspend your license for having 2 no N tickets and 2 skytrain tickets, but it is possible depending on a variety of things. The more likely scenario is that you would not be allowed to renew your drivers license until you do not owe ICBC any money.

Limitless 07-07-2011 09:35 PM

Just pay the fucking tickets

Culverin 07-08-2011 04:27 AM

Can you just please pay the tickets and stop wasting tax payer money?

Gumby 07-08-2011 09:47 AM

How does one dispute a public urination ticket? :lol

Just stick to taking transit. And try to pay the fare once in a while, ok?

murd0c 07-08-2011 10:17 AM

ICBC can suspend your licence for having to many tickets while still having your N. Stop being lazy and pay for your tickets like everyone else said!!

m4k4v4li 07-12-2011 11:47 PM

|how come i am able to dispute the ticket? doesn't it say it can only be disputed after 30 "days?

m4k4v4li 07-20-2011 09:58 AM

does the same rule apply to traffic violations? ^

m4k4v4li 08-05-2011 11:40 PM

?

m4k4v4li 10-31-2011 02:31 PM

?

m4k4v4li 11-03-2011 10:34 PM

?

FerrariEnzo 11-04-2011 12:00 AM

wtf... you want to dispute a ticket for peeing in public... im not sure how you gona fight that...

skytrain tickets... im pretty sure you cant fight that coz your caught on the spot without a ticket, unless somehow you find the monthly pass for that month...

driving without N sign.. your a noob to get caught twice... if once wasnt enough....

i dont see how you can dispute any of these.... your caught red handed, you do not have an proof otherwise...

Its like getting caught in bed with another girl and your wife/GF comes in.. WTF are you going to say... your possessed?

CRS 11-04-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7676027)
wtf... you want to dispute a ticket for peeing in public... im not sure how you gona fight that...

skytrain tickets... im pretty sure you cant fight that coz your caught on the spot without a ticket, unless somehow you find the monthly pass for that month...

driving without N sign.. your a noob to get caught twice... if once wasnt enough....

i dont see how you can dispute any of these.... your caught red handed, you do not have an proof otherwise...

Its like getting caught in bed with another girl and your wife/GF comes in.. WTF are you going to say... your possessed?

This won't work. The ticket is for not having valid fare WHEN you were caught. It doesn't matter if you buy a ticket afterwards or have a monthly pass every month. It is because you didn't have it AT THE TIME of the offense.

You could have left it at home for all they care. The ticket will still be valid.

m4k4v4li 11-10-2011 03:47 PM

k I'll give an updated revision of the situation so you guys can better understand what I'm asking

i went to my court date a couple of months ago and got off free...apparently because i didn't get my court date in a timely fashion, im not obligated to pay it. the judge didn't even ask me anything (this was pretty much proclaimed) he just asked if i had any objections. I said one word the whole trial. "no" and he said thank you, you are free to leave

im just curious as to why i am able to dodge tickets for so long to the extent that they send a collector after me, at which point im physically re-served my ticket in person and given another court date to plead guilty or not guilty and then followed up with ANOTHER court date if i pleaded not guilty, then able to get off because I stalled for so long. can this practice be applied for all tickets? which is why i asked if its applicable to traffic violations