REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #26
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
And if you can, then I'm truly sorry for you. Having seen far too many human lives taken needlessly I know that it should not be something you toss off. It should be understood and the effects treated and telling someone to just "man up" shows how little you know.
Advertisement
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
not even relevent to my point but ok. oh and call me incensitive but that crew needs to man up.
So does this mean you deal with death on a daily basis?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #28
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
not even relevent to my point but ok. oh and call me incensitive but that crew needs to man up.
Wow... I don't usually comment on the police forums but wow...

Not only is this comment insensitive but also I find ignorant. Crews/conductors are NOT specifically hired to "man up" and deal with striking pedstrans. Killing someone/dealing with the aftermath is extremely distressing to anyone. For those who do not find it distressing it is even worse. It means they are desensitized to human life itself or suffers from some sort of PTSD. Frankly I find it hard to man the fuck up when you have to clean a kid's body off a track while their torso is a few feet away.

Also, train strikes occur way way WAY more often than lightning strikes. Just look at the stats for Canada alone:

Transportation Safety Board of Canada - RAIL STATISTICS - 2009

Last edited by Jsunu; 07-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #29
RS controls my life!

sorry for stirring the pot. this ish is going way off topic. like i said previously, no i've never had to deal with cleaning someones body parts off tracks so no i don't know what its like but yes i have dealt with people abusing the wcb system and dragging what people consider mental related problem on for way longer then they need to be, but every one is different. imo i find 4 years a pretty long time to be on the bench for an incident you stated they had no control over. sometimes you have to realize its not your fault and move on.

anyways i was just venting about what is in my opinion a stupid ticket and all the rest is just opinion don't get your panties in a knot.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #30
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Your rather simple minded, but that's okay, like Soundy stated, you didn't choose to be one of Darwin's chosen ones.

I'd like to know what the exact circumstances are that you saw someone abusing the worksafe system claiming mental difficulties, because unless you are genuinely injured it's almost impossible to fake an injury long term. The worksafe system is entirely geared towards routing out ever single faker at every step. Aside from that, unless you have direct access to medical records your just making empirical observations and assumptions.

Not being able to work long term is painfully difficult, my deepest sympathies go to the crew.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

We really are taking this thread off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
This is a critical part of the process after such an incident. But then...this statement...coming from you really surprises me!
I'm not an ass all the time... I sometimes use this forum as my release!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #32
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
That would explain the stains.................
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #33
2 Wheelin' Mod

the sad thing is the officers couldn't figure out themselves when the next train was coming they didn't even know if it was southbound or north. They made us stand on the tracks for a good 40mins while i was there at least i was one of the first few to get the ticket. The bigger group was there for an hour+
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #34
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
We really are taking this thread off topic...

I'm not an ass all the time... I sometimes use this forum as my release!
Are there not other "sites" for that kind of thing?
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
the sad thing is the officers couldn't figure out themselves when the next train was coming they didn't even know if it was southbound or north. They made us stand on the tracks for a good 40mins while i was there at least i was one of the first few to get the ticket. The bigger group was there for an hour+
They wouldn't know, they don't have access to that information. And their first concern should have been getting everyone off the tracks, not ticketing.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
Are there not other "sites" for that kind of thing?
Yeah, but I don't know which other sites you use for your grandstanding.. so I pick on you here.

Last time I checked, Revscene was for car enthusiasts... not for people who's kids got caught by the law to spout off about how unfair the rules are. You're no car enthusiast... you're just here to make noise.

Is your kid even a member of RS?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #37
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDragon View Post
They wouldn't know, they don't have access to that information. And their first concern should have been getting everyone off the tracks, not ticketing.
They should know they were trying to figure it out. The 5 cops there were like this guy doesn't know what hes doing hes so confused. talking about the person they were talking to on their radios
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #38

Were the cops from CN? Another railroad? Or municipality?

CN police can find out very easily from the Transportation department when trains are running.. most trains are scheduled, it's not hard to figure out. It's the other railroads that are random.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #39
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Yeah, but I don't know which other sites you use for your grandstanding.. so I pick on you here.

Last time I checked, Revscene was for car enthusiasts... not for people who's kids got caught by the law to spout off about how unfair the rules are. You're no car enthusiast... you're just here to make noise.

Is your kid even a member of RS?
Okay...a guy tries to make a joke...have a little fun...and "people" still manage to twist things around!

Okay, I'll straighten you out......

First of all...get it into your thick skull......and read MY posts carefully. Never ONCE have I complained about "MY KID" getting caught....you get that??????? If you would take the time to read and understand what I'm saying......PROCEDURES are wrong...according to the law....THAT'S IT!!! BECAUSE of an incident he had, and my resulting research that led me in a completely different direction, I discovered some issues!!! That is it! You are misunderstanding what I have been saying the same way you just misunderstood "the other site" joke!!!

Car enthusiasts eh? I really don't need to justify that "statement" from you...but okay......

Son #1, age 22, has had a 240SX, customized. He's had a Ranger, which he began to customize. He now has a Civic that is being customized.....all with no help from mommy and daddy.

Son #2, age 20 has just bought his fifth vehicle.....and began his driving career with a Chevy Monza, rebuilt from the ground up with a "skookum" 350 CID slid under the hood. He's had a Ford f250 Lariat....a Chevy Cavalier....the civic his brother is now working on....and now a Jeep. Age 20, and already 5 different vehicles.....all with no help from mommy and daddy! Ummmm.....I would think you'd consider him a car guy.

Me? My last complete project was a 1972 Dodge Duster, while not a frame up restoration...felt like it almost was. 32 coat paint job that looked like you could almost walk into....340 high performance power.....leather seats/interior that matched the exterior paint scheme....line lock....Crager SS wheels....Mickey Thompson rubber.....and I could go on. I currently drive a 2001 Dodge Dakota R/T, one of 47 made that year by Dodge. A custom order, and I have all the documentation to prove it...build sheet....original dealer paper work etc. It has only 65,000 kilometers on it....a 5.9l (360 Magnum) for power...checker plate detailing in the box and certain areas of the engine compartment (all factory installed). I sold a brand new truck to get this one.......so.....I would consider myself a car guy!!!

Oh, and no....my "kids" are not members of RS.....what the hell is your point on that? I am though.... and I am here to discuss things.....last time I checked....that is usually what forums are for! You know, if you were a horse and wearing a saddle, I'd help you take that burr out.....

I apologize to others on here for this little rant..but I hate it when people "twist" or "assume" things that other people say. All it takes is a little care when reading......

Last edited by Simnut; 07-17-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote