REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 07-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Recommendations for broken pipes repair in front yeard

Our pipes under the lawn are leaking in our front yard, the leak is within our property line so the City of Burnaby Waterworks couldn't take care of it.

Anyone has a good recommendation that does job for a reasonable price? Thanks so much!
Advertisement
yarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Used these guys last year. One day job. The don't need to do too much digging. Only the start and end point of the replacement.

Burnaby Drain Master Plumbers - Trenchless Pipe Replacement

Should be a one day job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarachi View Post
Our pipes under the lawn are leaking in our front yard, the leak is within our property line so the City of Burnaby Waterworks couldn't take care of it.

Anyone has a good recommendation that does job for a reasonable price? Thanks so much!
kenlo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
i had a pipe problem as well awhile, where you could hear water running throughout the house but couldn't identify what it was (nothing was running, water was shut off)
anyways, we had 4 different companies come in and they had no idea what it was. lucky number 5 came in and knew what the problem was right off the bat.

Ventresca plumbing, did the 4 hour job the next day .
don't know about pricing because we didn't compare but honestly it was done great and neatly.
warning, they don't give out receipts
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

no receipt?? did you pay cash?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllggg View Post
i had a pipe problem as well awhile, where you could hear water running throughout the house but couldn't identify what it was (nothing was running, water was shut off)
anyways, we had 4 different companies come in and they had no idea what it was. lucky number 5 came in and knew what the problem was right off the bat.
So what was the problem?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Banned By Establishment

hopefully easy fix, otherwise this can get expensive.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Thanks people the problem was fixed.

Most of the contractors said to replace the entire row of pipes, but only one said it would be possible to replace the part where the leakage was.
and the quotes ranged from a couple hundreds to a couple thousands! it would be wise to ask around for prices.
yarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have the same issue. There is a big puddle near the side of my house and upon further inspection, water is leaking up within the puddle. This area also houses the main water supply to the house so my guess is the main water line is leaking.

Just wondering if anyone has anymore contacts. Gotta get a couple of quotes and get this fixed asap. The water is starting to flood my neighbor's lawn lol! Price is always a consideration, but I don't mind paying a bit more to get it done right unless there isn't much variation when it comes to these types of jobs.

Last edited by Expresso; 01-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
I'm pretty sure I have the same issue. There is a big puddle near the side of my house and upon further inspection, water is leaking up within the puddle. This area also houses the main water supply to the house so my guess is the main water line is leaking.

Just wondering if anyone has anymore contacts. Gotta get a couple of quotes and get this fixed asap. The water is starting to flood my neighbor's lawn lol! Price is always a consideration, but I don't mind paying a bit more to get it done right unless there isn't much variation when it comes to these types of jobs.
sent you a pm
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Hey guys, I'm in the exact same situation as OP, our water line broke and the city said we had to deal with it. Could anyone has a good recommendation that does job for a reasonable price? Thanks again!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Maybe you can save some money by doing your own digging. If you are repairing the line, dig enough that they can get to the line to repair it. That's what I did and I saved a lot of money. The materials are cheap, it's the labor that cost money.
Posted via RS Mobile
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote