REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Need help asap! Flight Cancellation with WestJet??

Hey guys,

Long story short, I booked a vacation to Toronto, and I will be departing on the 27th via westjet.

Well .. somewhere in between the time i booked and now, I got into a pretty competitive volunteering position in a lab, and started getting decent hours at work. I want to cancel this vacation so I can continue working + retain my position where I volunteer (basically getting trained for when I have to do my Masters, if and when I do it).

Now .. I cannot cancel unless i get the full amount (or close to) of money back. How can I go about doing this? There's nothing clear on westjet's website, but if I buy RBC travel insurance, I may be able to get my money back.

Here's what i found
Cancellation and interruption plan

I got a quote, around $50 for my ticket which is $650. So how can I do this? Does anyone know if I can buy travel insurance after buying the ticket? I really need to get out of this without losing too much money ... anyone help?
Advertisement
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Can you change it to a future date? Than closer to that date cancel without fees?
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,942 Times in 584 Posts
Whenever I have to cancel a flight with westjet, i pay a $50 cancellation fee and i get credited the rest for a future flight.
Just give them a call.
RCubed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09:7508606
Hey guys,

Long story short, I booked a vacation to Toronto, and I will be departing on the 27th via westjet.

Well .. somewhere in between the time i booked and now, I got into a pretty competitive volunteering position in a lab, and started getting decent hours at work. I want to cancel this vacation so I can continue working + retain my position where I volunteer (basically getting trained for when I have to do my Masters, if and when I do it).

Now .. I cannot cancel unless i get the full amount (or close to) of money back. How can I go about doing this? There's nothing clear on westjet's website, but if I buy RBC travel insurance, I may be able to get my money back.

Here's what i found
Cancellation and interruption plan

I got a quote, around $50 for my ticket which is $650. So how can I do this? Does anyone know if I can buy travel insurance after buying the ticket? I really need to get out of this without losing too much money ... anyone help?
http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/travel/basics/fares/fare-policy.shtml

As posted above 50$ to change flight
krazynuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

My post is now probably too late, but anyhow...

I had similar situations as you, but with Air Canada. If you booked your flights yourself online, you will contact the airline directly. If you booked it through a travel agent, you contact your travel agent directly.

I booked it through the official website, so I called AC. It was $50 to change dates/time + airfare difference and $200 for a cancellation and refund back to your credit card. My ticket was $1000, so my refund was $800.

I missed a Westjet flight before, they charged me $50 for changing and no airfare difference because it was the same day. Having Westjet airfare credit only and not a cash refund doesn't sound very good.

Hope everything works out for you.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote