REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Commercial Kitchen Rental (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649685-commercial-kitchen-rental.html)

NimbeeTT 07-14-2011 10:05 AM

Commercial Kitchen Rental

Hey guys,

I hope this is the right place to post this, I can't see any other suitable place..

I'm looking to rent a small commercial kitchen for a small baking/delivery business. I really don't know where to start looking, craigslist doesn't help much.

Does anyone know of any places they could throw at me?

What I really need are just work tables and a commercial convection oven. Cooling racks, mixers and other baking utensils are preferred, but not necessary as I can get those myself.

It can be a shared kitchen, as long as I will have access to it when I need it. Must be health authority approved, location in Vancouver area or Richmond. I'm looking to pay $500/month (or less), and won't be needing it until early Nov/Dec this year.

Thanks! :)

6793026 07-14-2011 02:18 PM

I've done a lot of cooking and have a personal kitchen business on the side but if you're having trouble to even know how to research where to look for stuff, you really need to step up your game. If you're looking for stuff at CL, you're really doing it wrong.

Do you have food safe? do you have Food Service Permit 9since you're renting it for a month)? Business License? Liability Insurance?

I wish you the best of luck my friend, but here you go.

Commercial Kitchen Rental Vancouver | The Common Kitchen (you're looking at about $1000)
Dirty apron
Gourmet Warehouse
Common Kitchen

Commercial facility
* Large Walk-in Cooler
* Walk-in Freezer
* Storage Space
* New Montague Grizzly 6 burner gas oven
* Garland 6 burner gas oven
* 10 stainless steel tables
* Large dish area with new dishwasher
* Location is close to many food suppliers and is a great central location to service Vancouver and the Lower Mainland

CRS 07-14-2011 04:17 PM

Not sure that $500 or less is going to get you anything anywhere.

You're probably going to pay at least $800+ for anything remotely decent.

NimbeeTT 07-14-2011 06:27 PM

We'll have all the proper permits by the time the business gets going. We're not looking for a big kitchen at all, preferably a personal kitchen that's health authority approved so rent can be cheaper than those big commercial kitchens-- because honestly, we don't even need most of the equipment and space provided in those large kitchens.

I have seen personal kitchens going for 400-500$ a month that's health authority approved, but unfortunately they go fast.

If anyone has any other tips it would be greatly appreciated!

pingu81 07-14-2011 06:39 PM

I know of a place that's available Aug 1st, but the location may not necessarily be the best for you...Squamish

Culverin 07-14-2011 06:57 PM

Wow, I wonder what needs to be happened for a kitchen to be health authority approved. It'd be fun to get mine up to spec. I've already got a commercial worktable, sink and stove.