REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
I don't get it

Commercial Kitchen Rental

Hey guys,

I hope this is the right place to post this, I can't see any other suitable place..

I'm looking to rent a small commercial kitchen for a small baking/delivery business. I really don't know where to start looking, craigslist doesn't help much.

Does anyone know of any places they could throw at me?

What I really need are just work tables and a commercial convection oven. Cooling racks, mixers and other baking utensils are preferred, but not necessary as I can get those myself.

It can be a shared kitchen, as long as I will have access to it when I need it. Must be health authority approved, location in Vancouver area or Richmond. I'm looking to pay $500/month (or less), and won't be needing it until early Nov/Dec this year.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Last edited by NimbeeTT; 07-14-2011 at 07:18 PM.
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
I've done a lot of cooking and have a personal kitchen business on the side but if you're having trouble to even know how to research where to look for stuff, you really need to step up your game. If you're looking for stuff at CL, you're really doing it wrong.

Do you have food safe? do you have Food Service Permit 9since you're renting it for a month)? Business License? Liability Insurance?

I wish you the best of luck my friend, but here you go.

Commercial Kitchen Rental Vancouver | The Common Kitchen (you're looking at about $1000)
Dirty apron
Gourmet Warehouse
Common Kitchen

Commercial facility
* Large Walk-in Cooler
* Walk-in Freezer
* Storage Space
* New Montague Grizzly 6 burner gas oven
* Garland 6 burner gas oven
* 10 stainless steel tables
* Large dish area with new dishwasher
* Location is close to many food suppliers and is a great central location to service Vancouver and the Lower Mainland
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Not sure that $500 or less is going to get you anything anywhere.

You're probably going to pay at least $800+ for anything remotely decent.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
I don't get it

We'll have all the proper permits by the time the business gets going. We're not looking for a big kitchen at all, preferably a personal kitchen that's health authority approved so rent can be cheaper than those big commercial kitchens-- because honestly, we don't even need most of the equipment and space provided in those large kitchens.

I have seen personal kitchens going for 400-500$ a month that's health authority approved, but unfortunately they go fast.

If anyone has any other tips it would be greatly appreciated!
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I know of a place that's available Aug 1st, but the location may not necessarily be the best for you...Squamish
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Wow, I wonder what needs to be happened for a kitchen to be health authority approved. It'd be fun to get mine up to spec. I've already got a commercial worktable, sink and stove.