REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649857-harry-potter-deathly-hallows-part-2-a.html)

shenmecar 07-16-2011 08:04 PM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Im surprised there isn't a thread on this movie.

One word sums up this movie. Epic.

This was a great ending to the entire Harry Potter franchise. It followed the book quite nicely and I am very happy it did. The only criticism I will give is the ending. 19 years later my ass.

SB7 07-16-2011 08:13 PM

I want to watch it soon... I heard that people were all laughing in the end for some reason. Anyways I hope that 10 years from now JK Rowling is going to change her mind and write a spinoff of the series, maybe in James' perspective?
Posted via RS Mobile

exhil 07-16-2011 08:42 PM

It was definitely a great ending for the entire harry potter franchise.
I was pretty sad that it's over.....Im gonna re-read all 7 books again just for fun of it haha

RayBot 07-16-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striker_boi7 (Post 7513795)
I want to watch it soon... I heard that people were all laughing in the end for some reason. Anyways I hope that 10 years from now JK Rowling is going to change her mind and write a spinoff of the series, maybe in James' perspective?
Posted via RS Mobile

JK Rowling has portrayed James Potter as cocky and arrogant through most of his years....as well as a person that didn't really have a story....except for the person to father Harry.

Its a great idea...but now that the story has condcluded, a series in (insert a mysterious characters name here)'s perspective would interest me more.

Ronin 07-16-2011 10:01 PM

Here's what I wrote in the other thread. I thought the ending was retarded.

Good summer movie. Massive, grand set pieces and the battles are fun to watch. Good (or good enough) performances from everyone. Some of the scenes are spectacular and the way it's shot is amazing.

But the story sucks here. Too much "Oh, this happened because it did." but that's sort of a downfall of the whole series. Do you get the feeling that the battles are just with sparkly balls of light rather than magic? They might as well just have guns. And the explanations are silly and the ending is just deux ex machina...again. It's all very heroic looking but if you think about it, the way it's all handled and especially the Deathly Hallows is just stupid.

I'm not a fan. I never read the books but I did enjoy most of the previous movies. I guess I have more of a problem with the way the books are than the movie itself.

Also, this movie (and the last sorta) are just huge departures from the tone and environment of the previous movies. Maybe it's just because they grew up but there's so little of the fun from the previous movies in this one and everyone walks around with a scowl or a frown...which really isn't how this movie series has been up til now.

SkinnyPupp 07-16-2011 11:28 PM

Harry Potter movies are only made for one group of people: fans of the book. For everyone else it's not as enjoyable.
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 07-16-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7513876)
Also, this movie (and the last sorta) are just huge departures from the tone and environment of the previous movies. Maybe it's just because they grew up but there's so little of the fun from the previous movies in this one and everyone walks around with a scowl or a frown...which really isn't how this movie series has been up til now.

That's my thoughts about the mood change... lol

Anyway, I know how it ends thanks to a friend's little sister talking about it after reading the book. Either way, I'll still see go see it.

At least please tell me the movie has a dozen different endings like LOTR did...

dasani604 07-17-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 7513789)

This was a great ending to the entire Harry Potter franchise. It followed the book quite nicely and I am very happy it did. The only criticism I will give is the ending. 19 years later my ass.

I have to argue with you, it did not follow the book well. It was the best movie of the franchise without a doubt, but like its other counterparts and many movies based on books, it failed to follow it (according to many people who re-read the book prior to the movie). Things were changed up and shit which disappointed some people (the only time I read that book was when it first came out so I don't even remember much of the details).

RayBot 07-17-2011 11:49 PM

Oh no...it didn't follow the book like its supposed to...i guess that means the movie sucks!! /sarcasm

Plain and simple...the reason why movjes don't follow the book is because even though the story is great on paper, doesnt mean it will translate well in film.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mr.HappySilp 07-18-2011 09:40 AM

^^ Plus if the move follow the books exactly it will be like a 5hour movie lol.

gdoh 07-18-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7513941)
Harry Potter movies are only made for one group of people: fans of the book. For everyone else it's not as enjoyable.
Posted via RS Mobile

yea i dont really care for the movies, they are good but i just dont get excited and cum in my pants like most people do (maybe for emma watson)

RayBot 07-18-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7515408)
yea i dont really care for the movies, they are good but i just dont get excited and cum in my pants like most people do (maybe for emma watson)

In addition to what you're saying...
NO MOVIE is worth shitting in your pants to watch right away....

Opening weekend....box office record. After 3 weeks...dead as a doornail.

gdoh 07-18-2011 10:14 AM

i went on friday at 730 showing in guildford and expected it to be packed but there was empty seats and quite a lot considering

Gumby 07-18-2011 10:20 AM

The series of Harry Potter films is this generation's Star Wars, no? :)

gdoh 07-18-2011 10:22 AM

stars wars is 100x better

RayBot 07-18-2011 10:25 AM

The only thing about Star Wars that can't get out of my head is something that Family Guy pointed out....

The Star Wars universe is a galaxy-wide sausage party!

SkinnyPupp 07-18-2011 09:52 PM

http://www.neonpunch.com/wp-content/...phic-25675.jpg

mercyboy 07-18-2011 10:28 PM

:woot2::woot2:haahan went to watch Harry potter movie at the cineplex near coquitlam....so many harry potter fans..wearing the hogwarts theme

Ronin 07-18-2011 11:01 PM

Star Wars >>>>>>> Harry Potter

Are you fucking kidding?

Ronin 07-18-2011 11:06 PM

P.S. Pt2 annihilated box office records.

$168 million in the first weekend. Ten million more than the previous record holder, The Dark Knight, which just passed a billion in worldwide gross.

It's up to $250m now (312th all time so far). It will probably never come close to the $2.8 billion made by Avatar but it will definitely have a shot at a billion.

It's made more money in 4 days than Tomb Raider (313th) has in ten years!

Mr.HappySilp 07-19-2011 10:46 AM

I wonder if I go to the 3:30pm showing in metrotwon will there be a line up?

shenmecar 08-02-2011 12:19 PM

This movie has reached the billion dollar benchmark.

SkippyLang 08-02-2011 09:36 PM

Should I watch it in IMAX or AVX? I heard they're both pretty much the same, but I want the best experience for this movie.

AlphaKappa 08-02-2011 09:57 PM

Hummus 08-11-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 7513789)

haha ya ive heard a few ppl say the same thing about the 19 yrs later part of the movie. dammit i have still yet to see it, hmm i wonder if the line ups are gone yet? :P