REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Family Betrayal (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650113-family-betrayal.html)

Shead 07-21-2011 12:55 AM

Family Betrayal

Has anyone had experience with the family betrayal? Relatives you keep really close, but they dont think much of you, these ppl you call family has even used you or back-stabbed you many times in the past? Please share your stories.

!Yaminashi 07-21-2011 08:42 AM

Why dont you just let it out brah

6793026 07-21-2011 08:43 AM

Please share us yours and maybe we'll comment a bit more. I don't know what family betrayals you're looking for. The only true family betrayals I would say would be turning an addicting in and kicking into rehab would be a justified; you could consider your mom sharing your naked baby pictures to your current gf as a betrayal... just how to see it.

if you had family back stab you in the back, you should really ask yourself WHY they are doing it and why are you such an asshole for them for doing it. You must be seriously doing something really really wrong and stupid or not respecting them to have your own blood family say shit about your behind your back.

Mr.HappySilp 07-21-2011 09:55 AM

None of that BS for my family. We are pretty close to each other.

Jsunu 07-21-2011 10:03 AM

Why ask us to share our stories when you don't share yours :okay:

Shead 07-21-2011 12:30 PM

long story short, my mother one day decided to lecture me about how i should be nicer and closer to my aunt and uncle again. these aunts and uncles that i used to be close with always seem to use me a slave, carry this, do this do that, and in the end no gratitude or what so ever at the end of the day. one day we all went on a vacation together, after passing customs and i had to grab like 5 piece of luggage by myself, coz my aunt was holding a baby which i thought was somewhat justifying, but as im lugging these heavy ass chinese luggages (chinese ppl like to carry giant bags and suitecases) my aunt turns around and scolds me for being slow and lazy. so that day i snapped and told her to carry her own shit and from that day forward, i stopped giving a shit or even talking to these so called relatives. thats just the main story, a lot of other little things happened but i didnt want to bore u guys with the little things.

so after i argued with my mother about how these ppl are ass holes and dont really treat me like family so i wont bother with them, she still insisted i be nice to them and dont hold a grudge, this discussion was happening when im in my room chilling wanted to be alone, so i ended up snapping the phone in half, then she left. Im left feeling very upset and stupid for breaking a phone i now have to replace.

TOS'd 07-21-2011 12:37 PM

I've experienced much worse. Yours happened when you got together for a vacation, which isn't too often.

Shead 07-21-2011 12:46 PM

of course theres the occasional 'nice infront of u' then behind u tells everyone how youre bad at this and that. i once had to work for these relatives too and holy crap, i've never been so abused. every other worker is so chilled and relaxed, but im 'family' i get knocked on for every little thing and i would get less pay too wtf.

guddagudd 07-21-2011 12:48 PM

Well, if your aunt scolded you for carrying her bags, fuck her. I wouldn't call this a betrayal by any means. Maybe they're just bitches and you're just a don't take shit kind of guy.

EDIT: I posted right when you posted that^, that is a little shady, maybe they think you're family so they can abuse you a bit? I find this happens a lot with chinese families, other nationalities are a bit more united. Chinese people are cool with turning on each other, it's fucked.

bcrdukes 07-21-2011 12:49 PM

They're simply ungrateful people. You can't change that.

Let them be. They've never get your back anyway. :)

!Yaminashi 07-21-2011 12:56 PM

I wouldve done the same thing. You're family not fucking Alfred

vafanculo 07-21-2011 01:14 PM

That isn't really betrayal. That's more of elders siding together, especially in a culture where respecting your elders is priority #1.

Now, if your bro was to sleep with your girl, or if there was opium in those luggsges, now that's betrayal.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hot Karl 07-21-2011 01:29 PM

treat them like mentally challenged children whenever you see them. extra nice, like they could shit themselves at any time. just kill them with kindness whenever you see them.

that way your mom can't be pissed, but they will be pissed because you're clowning them openly. offer to do/get things for them that only a child would need.

dlo 07-21-2011 01:57 PM

no family is perfect haha, shit happens, so its either turn the other cheek and receive more, or tell em str8 up, tell em fuck you for being a douchebag. my aunt tried to hit me before for something i didnt do, and i just bitch the fuck outta her haha, i never talk to her or even want to step in her house, shes a disgrace to me

Chronix 07-21-2011 02:27 PM

just kill em with the hammer and hold a house party.

v.Rossi 07-21-2011 04:30 PM

No family (regardless of ethnicity) is perfect, be considerate regardless hold your composure or you'll just give them the satisfaction, doesn't matter whether it's negative or positive. Be the bigger person and keep classy.

Have a good career, a nice house, a nice car and in time you can laugh away.

"Living well is the best revenge."
- G. Herbert
Posted via RS Mobile

Tapioca 07-21-2011 05:21 PM

It's not worth your time to get worked up about something so trivial.

You can't change thousands of years of Confucian values overnight.

ScizzMoney 07-21-2011 06:04 PM

Cousin stole all the gift cards / wedding cards / cash from our aunties wedding. Dollar figures are guessed to be roughly 30,XXX suspected stolen.

DiiCii 07-21-2011 10:21 PM

damn man, i hate that feeling where you get so stressed out and don't think before you do. and end up breaking stuff out of fustration when you don't mean to D: i feel ya.

good luck with the family stuff though. my gf's family here are having problems with the rest of the family in vietnam. they shared a small business of some sort (in before the vietnamese grow-op jokes -.-) and the family in vietnam decided to overtake all of it without letting the rest know. conflict began to stir up from there on and my gf's been getting nasty letters from her aunt in vietnam. don't know full details though. it'd upset her if i asked

why can't we all be friends:alone:

yellowpower 07-22-2011 11:08 AM

I feel you man, my grandma (on my mothers side) is such a bitch! Scolds me for everything I do, even simple shit like eating icecream. "Hey dont lick it like that you bite it, dont eat like a dog!" WTF?!!

Bitch fuckin gives me the evil grandma death stare, well u know what motherfucker? I stare her down yea thats wussup

darkfroggy 07-22-2011 12:18 PM

Sorry, no betrayal story.

But I got beat for not doing well in ELEMENTARY. And when letter grades came out in Grade 4 my mom told me to suit up or GTFO.

And it wasn't like they were C-'s or anything, they were B's.

:okay:

GLOW 07-22-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Karl (Post 7519417)
treat them like mentally challenged children whenever you see them. extra nice, like they could shit themselves at any time. just kill them with kindness whenever you see them.

that way your mom can't be pissed, but they will be pissed because you're clowning them openly. offer to do/get things for them that only a child would need.

i dont have that in me. what i do have is the feeling of doing the punching scene from 2:50 to 3:00

Shead 07-22-2011 02:36 PM

^oh i so do have that feeling to punch them

twitchyzero 07-23-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 7519714)
Cousin stole all the gift cards / wedding cards / cash from our aunties wedding. Dollar figures are guessed to be roughly 30,XXX suspected stolen.

some kids just needs to be :whipped::die:
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowpower (Post 7520624)
I feel you man, my grandma (on my mothers side) is such a bitch! Scolds me for everything I do, even simple shit like eating icecream. "Hey dont lick it like that you bite it, dont eat like a dog!" WTF?!!

Bitch fuckin gives me the evil grandma death stare, well u know what motherfucker? I stare her down yea thats wussup

:lol x9000
staring down on your granny for crying out loud...go ride some skytrain for free, fool.

flagella 07-25-2011 10:24 AM

snapping the phone in half roflmao