REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #26
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMKIV View Post
Also going through this. I just hope it doesn't affect future jobs. Stupid bitch made me drive. I was in the wrong but paid ticket
That person isn't a stupid bitch. You're the little bitch for letting someone talk you into drinking and driving.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
I thought the new law or something was passed that even class 5's can't have any alcohol?
That's been a part of the GLP since it began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYeh View Post
Edit: nevermind, what I said would only apply if you had a class 5, but with an N, you are supposed to have 0.
Bingo. Even a warn is too much when you're under the GLP - "zero tolerance" shouldn't be hard to understand.

Quote:
0.5 is the warn level after the new laws
0.05 has always been the warn level, and 0.08 a fail. The only thing that's changed is the penalties at each level. 0.05 is a BC limit... over 0.08 is a criminal offence under federal law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

pay the consequences, I don't see how you can win a dispute. You're lucky you got caught instead of crashed and killed someone.

I'd say you're an idiot for drinking and driving, especially still being a new driver. What were you thinking.

But people make mistakes and hopefully you'll learn from this, it's serious stuff.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Last year I got fucked and i blew a WARN, sir you blew a FAIL, have fun with ur suspension, it blows.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #30
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Has anyone used this law group? Drinking Driving, DUI, Immediate Roadside Prohibitions IRP in British Columbia

I called them, they said they will give me a legal opinion on this matter and possibly get it off my record.
What else did you expected them to say? They are lawyers and they want your money. I say don't throw good money after bad.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

LOL. I can't get over how stupid some of you sound. You're coming on here expecting to get help getting out of a DUI. Not even a WARN but a full on FAIL. There is absolutely no excuse, AND you have your N. Even if you blew a WARN, you would have still lost your license because there is zero tolerance with N drivers... and for good reason.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #32
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Anyone know a good cab driver? Going to need a personal cab now -____-

Thanks for the responses guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupMKIV View Post
Also going through this. I just hope it doesn't affect future jobs. Stupid bitch made me drive. I was in the wrong but paid ticket
Double account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Double account?
Nope.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Guess that skyline dream will have to wait.
and do u see how ironic his avatar quote is ? "needs to seek professional help" (in his case right now, he really does lol)
king_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #35
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
Dang, I've been hearing about roadblocks all day. I encountered one earlier on Oakland in Burnaby, the police officer had his hand inside the civilian's window...most likely BAC test as well?
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #36
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
yee i passed a roadblock today just as i left my house and got onto North Road by lougheed mall, the cop literally stuck his whole head inside my car to see if he could smell anything, i was clean tho went to a party..and drank...

coca cola

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #37
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Always refuse, then call the lawyer asap. pm me if you need a good lawyer for a good price. not promoting for my personal gains but this one guy i've used before really helped me out..

But most likely, you can't have much done for you since you blew it....
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #38
Böse ///M

I didn't read other replies.
However, I got one advice for you that will most likely get you out of this hell.

GET A LAWYER RIGHT NOW!
AKUMA_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
That person isn't a stupid bitch. You're the little bitch for letting someone talk you into drinking and driving.
Ya agreed, im in the same situation myself. man up and realize the only person to blame is urself, u'll know better next time.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #40
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Honestly, if you're an N and you had alcohol. GG.

Just learn from this experience to NEVER, EVER drink and drive again.

If you drink, sober up first at least. Penalties like these are way to harsh to even risk.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #41
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Hence why I said I was in the wrong. Got heated up while typing that because I was the only ride for her and she did not want to sleep in my car and she felt no remorse or anything which is a reason why I am not friends with her anymore.

It happened, I payed my ticket and now I'm just waiting till I get my license back. So no need to call me any names. Just hoping it won't affect future job opportunities.
SupMKIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Plain and simple dude, you fucked up. Disputing is just gonna be a complete waste of time and money. Suck it up for 3 months now and hopefully you learn a lesson from this shit.
Posted via RS Mobile
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #43
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

This doesn't apply to the OP cause he failed but warnings before were actually warnings. "Hey you're getting close to being a drunk driver. Drive home and stop drinking. You're almost impaired" The new rules are a cash grab to cover all the money wasted on the olympics, skytrains to no where and fast ferries that aren't ferrying anything.

If you have to be the DD and you want to drink then tell your friends to f off. and then stay out of downtown. There's no reason to have to go downtown other than to look cool. The clubs pay extra money to be in a cool location, you pay extra taxes to drink their cool drinks and then you know what the government does with all the cool money? Impound your car for more money. You know who wins? Government workers and......

Drug dealers. Pay no taxes, shitkick you in the clubs for not moving out of their way in the club, probably steal the bitches you brought for them and they all have condos downtown so they dont have to drive through road checks. And don't forget the own or are affiliated with all the clubs that you went thru all the trouble to give money to. If you don't believe me, have a few drinks and get into a fight with these gangsters. You're actually safer though cause you find yourself outside by yourself. Where are the 40 guys that just attacked you? They've gone back to partying.

You get in your car and head home and the cops stop you at a road chk cause obviously you don't look good. Now you walk home. Don't drink and drive.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #44
...on a mission....

I'm afraid you might be out of luck! But at least the officer used a roadside test!
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #45
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
[QUOTE=tegz;7522422]Always refuse, then call the lawyer asap.

So are you telling people to break the law by refusing to give a sample when demanded to do so by law? Every lawyer I ever had dealing with always told the clients to provide the sample. It's very easy to get a conviction if you fail to provide a sample ...did you provide it or not? There are very few legal grounds to refuse. That is why the taking of the blood sample was introduced to allow severely injured people who are not capable of giving the breath sample, to have their blood alcohol determined.
If anyone is considering refusing to provide after a demand they had better talk to a lawyer before they get stopped and not take advice from internet discussion groups.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #46
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
[quote=zulutango;7522651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
Always refuse, then call the lawyer asap.

So are you telling people to break the law by refusing to give a sample when demanded to do so by law? Every lawyer I ever had dealing with always told the clients to provide the sample. It's very easy to get a conviction if you fail to provide a sample ...did you provide it or not? There are very few legal grounds to refuse. That is why the taking of the blood sample was introduced to allow severely injured people who are not capable of giving the breath sample, to have their blood alcohol determined.
If anyone is considering refusing to provide after a demand they had better talk to a lawyer before they get stopped and not take advice from internet discussion groups.
THIS.

Not sure where the conception of refusing a breathalyzer was good idea. Maybe it's like sticking your head in the sand hoping that you can run away from it just because you can't see it?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #47

just realized i was about to argue with a LEO.... you're right! i apologize, i must've been spewing random bullshit out of my mouth.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #48

The officer didn't offer me a second test. I've read that you are allowed a second test at the breathalyzer. Would this benefit my situation?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
The officer didn't offer me a second test. I've read that you are allowed a second test at the breathalyzer. Would this benefit my situation?
What part of ZERO tolerance do you not understand?
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #50
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Dont waste your money on a lawyer; you cant beat the the superintendent of motor vehicles. The most you could probably do is get your car back early from the impound (if insurance is under one of your parents). You do not have to worry about a criminal conviction because the new laws changed the way the whole system works. Before when DUI's were still being criminally charged (you can still get a criminal charge if you refuse to blow), you would have the opportunity to fight it in court, but now since they are processed differently, the opportunity to challenge in court is gone. Unfortunately, a 90 day suspension from a DUI means that the RDP and ignition interlock will be mandatory and there is no way out of it. This is a very expensive lesson to learn and I am currently in the same situation as you. Be grateful if your parents are helping you out because in the end, this whole thing will cost you roughly $4,000 and a shit ton of stress.

And IRC you do not have to re-do your N, but it will reset the time it takes to get your class 5. So, from the day you get your license reinstated the 2 years starts again.

Last edited by jonwon; 07-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote