REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Golf club question

I'm looking to get my first set of clubs and was told as a beginner I should get a shaft with a senior flex. What do you think?

The clubs I am looking at are these: Adams Golf Products | Irons - Idea a7OS Integrated Sets Overview

$560 taxes in left handed.
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
How beginner would you say you are? Go to golf town and get evaluated A regular flex might be a better bet because the senior is very whippy.
http://golf.about.com/cs/tipslessons/a/shaftflex.htm
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
How beginner would you say you are? Go to golf town and get evaluated A regular flex might be a better bet because the senior is very whippy.
Understanding Golf Club Shaft Flex
I have played 12 times in my life and and can't hit worth crap. My swing speed is pretty slow.

I can get these for $400 taxes in regular flex.

Adams Tight Lies Plus Complete Set Mens - SportChek.ca
Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #4

le pm.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #5

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
DO NOT GET A SENIOR FLEX!!!

That's like saying you want to buy a bike with permanent training wheels on them.. Eventually you will not need the training wheels and you'll be stuck with them.

get a beginner set of pings! you will not be sorry =D
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #6

To add to that, it might be helpful at first, but you will outgrow it/develop quickly and then the senior flex will start to hold you back.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #7

you're much better off with regular flex. Usually regular flex shafts that comes with the clubs are pretty whippy already.

I would also recommend buying a set of used clubs. particular Calloway's, they make very forgiving but decent clubs that are perfect for casual golfers. Clubs depreciate so much it's not worth it most of the time to buy new. Especially if you're just starting out, why not save a little bit of money and get a used set to figure out what you really want in a set of irons before buying it new.

craiglists sells 2010 model x-22 for 300ish, will definitely last you a few years..
giCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I second finding a set on CL. A 2 year old top of the line model will be better than a middle of the pack 2011 model.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Don't cheap out on beginner clubs. Because you will out, um skill them quickly if you plan on playing frequently. Do it right and do it once.

Cheers, Tyler.
Posted via RS Mobile
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
I second finding a set on CL. A 2 year old top of the line model will be better than a middle of the pack 2011 model.
Problem is I'm a lefty and live on the island.