REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Automotive Chat

Island Automotive Chat Victoria to Port Hardy and everything in between
For all your island car related talk.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Island cruises dead?

I'm feeling all nastalgic, got a brand new car that still hasn't clicked over 10K.

but it's lookin like all the islanders have either grown up and found lives (lord knows I did ) .. or migrated to other sites/groups to roll with.

don't remember me? .. lil wacko silver tercel that knew what an honest 7grand Rpm shift point was

so if your feelin nastalgic too, or just know where the cool kids are meeting up, lemme know!

rabidhamster@shaw.ca , or here , if theres movement it's worth sticking around to check out.
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
this might help , taken from my the vancouver prelude club

"These meets are still going on. 6:30 - 9:00 Starbucks on Jacklin road behind the Westshore Mall. EVERY THURSDAY

Were getting between 12 and 20 cars out each evening..., come on out and meet some of the other car owners in town..., I arrive around 7pm and hang around till like 8:30. Sometimes we cruise after that. So far we have had Subaru, NSX, S2000, 240z, 350zx, 370zx, G35, Evo, RallyArt, 510, and Rx7's represented. "

i know it was posted in a vancouver forum but the guy who posted it is on the island who drives an s2k i think. i believe his name is the same here : DDonovan, i suggest you shoot him a PM

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Ya that is me. We put together a Japanese Import meet every thursday 6:30 - 8:30 at the location above. Some nice cars starting to show up.

Meets and cruises come out of that. The nissan guys are trying to put something to gether for the long weekend (Monday).

Also check out the Vancouver Island Poker Run on August 20th. I orgnanize that event as well and it will be spectacular again this year. Some awsome prizes.
ddonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

yeah I'll come check it out so long as you don't mind a turbo 4cyl with a bowtie on the grill ...

I'm old school toyota at heart, but mileage, family and cash let me down the road of a Cruze

hopefully see some old faces, meet some new ones