REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Scene Membership Question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650591-scene-membership-question.html)

wingies 07-28-2011 10:47 AM

Scene Membership Question

Do they check for id or anything when u redeem the points? The reason Im asking is because my sister (who no longer lives here) still has enough scene points for a few tickets.

So I was wondering if I could take her card and go redeem them? Or would I need to take my gf to redeem for me since its a girls name? Or would they not care? Thanks in advance

jtanner_ 07-28-2011 10:56 AM

I doubt they care. Regardless though you could always use the self checkout machines to purchase your tickets as you can also redeem your points there.
Posted via RS Mobile

Not really racist! 07-28-2011 11:24 AM

they dont give a rats ass lol

Vale46Rossi 07-28-2011 11:30 AM

Use the self terminal, you can use the points there too!

TheNewGirl 07-28-2011 11:48 AM

You can use your scene points when you buy tickets online too.

BTW the BEST bang for your buck is to use your 1000 points for a 3D Movie in an AVX theater (the ones with reserved seating).

wingies 07-28-2011 12:05 PM

^You can do that? I always assume they only let you have a general admission ticket and anything more (3d, imax, etc) you had to add on top?

Btw thanks for all the replies! Didn't know you could redeem online or at the debit machine thing.

Posted via RS Mobile

TheNewGirl 07-28-2011 12:34 PM

Nope you can for 3D and AVX (though you can't on Imax that I know of, I haven't tried).

I got my Harry Potter Tickets for me and my kiddo free at the AVX here in Coquitlam on opening night which was AWESOME because you have the reserved seating so you don't have to go 2 hours early to get good seats.

I use the online purchasing for the AVX a lot that way for date nights too. Again because you can go out for dinner and then just head to the theater 5 minutes before the movie starts since you don't have to worry about your seats (boys if you do this you will seem incredibly well prepared and thoughtful).

I see a lot of movies and since none of my friends have Scene cards I get them to scan my card for their purchases too all the time and get their points. Or if I take a gaggle of my daughter's friends to the movie, I scan it on all their tickets and end up with 250/points a movie easily. I tend to rack up a free movie every 2 - 3 months. Sometimes one a month around Christmas. (Also get their email, often there's deals where it's double points or a bonus 100 or so points on certain weekends for certain movies, this is key in my 'see as many movies for free on my scene card as possible' strategy).

hotjoint 07-28-2011 01:56 PM

no they don't check, they don't give a shit really :lol

quasi 07-28-2011 08:43 PM

The card I use is in my wifes name, they def don't give a fuck.

StylinRed 07-28-2011 08:58 PM

no they dont care

and you can use the self serve terminal anyway with ur scene card

NiceGirl 07-28-2011 09:19 PM

nope, they don't care.

but they recently changed their rules about getting points. it's only 100 points PER TRANSACTION, not per ticket anymore and that's only if you're buying tickets, not using the vouchers. if you're redeeming those movie tickets/vouchers, it's 50 points. but if you buy online, you get 120 points per ticket.

jbsali 07-28-2011 11:32 PM

they don't care

StylinRed 07-29-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceGirl (Post 7528116)
nope, they don't care.

but they recently changed their rules about getting points. it's only 100 points PER TRANSACTION, not per ticket anymore and that's only if you're buying tickets, not using the vouchers. if you're redeeming those movie tickets/vouchers, it's 50 points. but if you buy online, you get 120 points per ticket.

you only get points for 1 ticket, that's how its always been, you have to add info of another card to get points for a 2nd ticket

LsquareD 07-29-2011 12:37 AM

If I'm buying more than 1 ticket, I just buy it one at a time so I get 100 points per ticket. It may be a hassle but I'm down for a free movie down the road ;)

Gumby 07-29-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceGirl (Post 7528116)

That was so stupid - I was buying two tickets, and had two scene membership cards. Damn employee combined both purchases into one and so I lost out on 100 points.

bbbj 07-29-2011 11:15 AM

If you sign up for a scene visa right now you get 4000 scene points for free too.. i just signed up online and got my card in a week, probably will close it after 6 months ahah

wingies 07-29-2011 03:09 PM

I went last night and bought my tickets online, worked great.

To confirm, you can redeem the 1000 point free admission to anything you want! (Imax, 3d. Imax 3d, the reserve seating one, etc)