REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #101
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Loved it.
Advertisement
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #102
RS controls my life!

pretty good movie, action was like dragonball style... the romance part was pretty useless tho.. whatever, was fun!
Renxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #103

i think we reached another pinnacle interms of movie sfx. that said i found it too much for me personally. i did love the whole tofino/ucluelet scenes tho.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #104
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
It was alright. Not a bad "action" movie.
The fight scenes were amazing. It's like what "Dragonball: Evolution" should have been like.

I was expecting more plot though. The trailer made me think there was going to be more drama in the movie.

But I'll have to say, the action scenes were quite impressive.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #105
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I do have a feeling the next sequel will be much better. The sequel will definitely explore more about the relationship between Clark and Lois. This film focused on 2 aspects: the origin (krypon,struggle finding his place) & the action (Zod and his army). Don't expect humor or romance. This is Zack Snyder's signature anyway. (300, watchmen) Superman really needs someone like Christopher Nolan to develop all the way, develop characters, etc. Still, while the critics didn't like Man of Steel, the general population loved it

Oh and Kevin Costner's acting was actually quite good. One of the better performances in the movie.
no coster's definitely a solid actor. the thing is, he couldn't save terrible characterization and writing.

imo, costner in that movie was textbook example of how not to write a character. he contradicts himself in literally every other scene, and although is supposed to serve as the moral compass of superman, pretty much goes full retard everytime he speaks

amy adams role was just tacked onto the story, it literally made 0 sense why she was half the places she was

cool action scenes though, their needed to be more...they were really overselling the messiah aspect of his existence

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 06-26-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #106
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

the dbz fight scenes grew old really fast, and all the whole 'Murica saves the world once again was retarded

lol I thought it was funny how Zod was so considerate to translate his broadcast in different languages around the world.

Other then that, it was enjoyable.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #107
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingies View Post
lol I thought it was funny how Zod was so considerate to translate his broadcast in different languages around the world.
cryptonian computers did it for him yo.

lol i found it kinda lame how they have all this crazy tech, yet his broadcast was fuzzy as fuck. the easier thing to do would be to write something in the sky lol.

Spoiler!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #108
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
The broadcast tech would have to works outside digital broadcast, it was analog and had to cover a whole planet. Of all stupid things in the movie, that part was actually probably the MOST feasible
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #109
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
10/10 loved it
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #110
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
This movie has flaws that everyone sees but is still liked by most people. I think this is because we loved everything bout the movie but the execution. All the actors were great and we would love to see more. Loved the visuals and costume and technology choices. Loved how they tried to make it more realistic by giving a scientific reason for everything or making up origins for why his costume is the way it is.

More importantly, I'm sure I'm not the only one who could picture the dark knight trilogy in the same universe as this. I kept thinking bout it! The feel of the movie really made the two movies feel the same. This is a good sign towards a justice league movie. So it doesn't matter if the movie wasn't that great. The groundwork is laid and ready for future dc movies.

Ps. Was anyone annoyed by the ending where he shows up as Clark kent wearing the glasses? Like seriously? So many people have seen his face. It just doesn't feel like it fits into the universe they created.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by DanHibiki; 06-28-2013 at 03:39 AM.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote