REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 08-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i need some advice.

i have two puppies, one is yorkie/havenese and the other one is yorkie/daschund. my mom keeps feeding them food off the kitchen counter and snacks to the point where my puppies don't even want to eat when its their actual time to eat. i told her that she keeps feeding them stuff to the point where they don't eat dog food anymore and she goes on about how dogs want "NATURAL ENZYMES" and that dog food/vets are a scam. im getting so sick and tired of this, im the one who paid for both the puppies, im the one who paid for all their vet bills, im the one who paid for everything.
i need some advice as to what to do.......
Advertisement
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I would advise you to tell your mom it's 'bad' for your dogs to eat 'human' food. Once in a while is OK as a treat but having their diet consist of human food is 'bad' for them depending on the food given.

Let me define bad for a second here, although most of you know what bad means some parents' egos get hurt because they think they know everything. When I use the term bad here I mean it's bad for the dogs' health. Your mom doesn't know what nutrition your dogs need and she may or may not be able to provide it, whereas dog food does it best. Some human food may make your dog sick and fat like rice and such. They could also choke on bones as well, getting it stuck into their throat.

All in all if your mom doesn't want to listen to the points you give, tell her if she feeds the wrong food to the dogs, she's going to have to pay for the vet bill and it's going to be expensive.

It's not like it isn't alright for your mom to feed it a 'treat' off the kitchen once in a while, but just don't do it all the time. Snacks are snacks don't make it into a meal.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^I can't think of much to do except for keep nagging her or just down right have a serious talk with her. Some old people are like that, esp. Asian who are used to the "dog eating human's leftover food". It's most likely useless to have a vet/trainer talk to her since she believes they're scams. -_- Tell her scrap table food don't provide the dogs with enough nutrition like dog food so they won't live for very long and will be more prone to having health problems. Make her stop that as soon as you can before paying through the bottom for vets later on.

When you're around try... uhm... policing her whenever she feed them scrap table food. Also make it clear to the dog that they're not allowed to eat it.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Put the hammer down.
Pudh=SoTasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Dog/Vet foods ARE a scam but that doesn't mean you can feed them everything you eat.

Check out the Raw Diet. There's ample information online. You need to make sure they get raw meet and some bone in proper proportion to their age/size and you add in fruit and veggies (as dogs, unlike cats are not obligate carnavores and actually do need plant matter in their diet).
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^ this

I feed my dog raw as well. His gas and bad breath went away. Poops Alot less, and much firmer and less smellier.
Gobbles it up in seconds
Posted via RS Mobile
604nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
These dogs are like my kids. How would you feel if someone was trying to force their way on how to raise us?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6_4life View Post
im the one who paid for both the puppies, im the one who paid for all their vet bills, im the one who paid for everything.
i need some advice as to what to do.......
Who paid is irrelevant... who LOOKS AFTER THEM is what matters. Who walks them? Cleans up after them? Whoever feeds them, should be taking care of these things as well. If your mom wants to be responsible for their care (including feeding), then she should be ready to be responsible for ALL their care. (This is especially true if she feeds them things that give them the shits!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Define "food off the kitchen counter".

If you really can't stop her from feeding food to your dogs, at least make sure she knows what she's doing.

But if she's just feeding random things off the counter, you can tell your mom that if your dogs are not eating their kibble, then they are getting all their nutrients from what she feeds them. A proper raw diet needs to meet all the nutritional requirements for your dogs and that is especially important for growing puppies. Balance is key and any excess/deficiencies in vitamins or minerals can cause health problems.

Also, you can inform her about higher quality dog foods to show her that they're not all bad or scams. I feed my dogs Acana (grain-free line), one of the more reputable (and Canadian) brands out there, and they guarantee fresh human-grade ingredients (which they source themselves) and that no preservatives are used, among other things.
ZenZa is offline   Reply With Quote