REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Honda to Recall 2.26 Million Vehicles in U.S., China

Just saw this on the morning news. Apparently, it includes cars in Canada.

Honda To Recall 2.26 Million Vehicles In U.S., China - WSJ.com

Quote:
Honda Motor Co. said Friday that it will recall a combined 2.26 million vehicles in the U.S. and China due to a problem with automatic transmissions installed in its Accord, CR-V and other models.

The car maker will voluntarily recall about 1.5 million vehicles to update automatic transmission control software in the U.S., while it will recall around 760,515 vehicles in China.

The number of vehicles to be recalled in the world's two biggest car markets is equal to 63% of the 3.56 million vehicles that the Japanese car maker sold last year worldwide.

Honda said the recall was prompted by concerns that the transmission secondary shaft bearing in the affected vehicles can be damaged, if the transmission is quickly shifted between each of the reverse, neutral and drive positions, as may be done in an attempt to dislodge a vehicle stuck in the mud or snow.

The models affected were sold before Honda, like its Japanese peers, faced earlier this year the problem of the parts shortage as the March 11 earthquake disrupted a global supply chain of auto parts.

In the U.S., some of its 2005 to 2010 four-cylinder Accord model, 2007-2010 CR-V and 2005-2008 Element vehicles are included in the U.S. recall.

No injuries or deaths have been reported in the U.S. related to this transmission problem, Honda said.

In a separate release, Honda said that Guangqi Honda Automobile Co., its 50-50 venture in China with Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., will recall 605,025 Accord sedans manufactured between July 2004 and October 2009, as well as 151,489 Odyssey vehicles made between July 2004 and September 2009.

Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., another Honda joint venture in China with Dongfeng Motor Group Co., will also recall a total of 4,001 Spirior cars manufactured between August 2009 and November 2009.

No accidents have been reported in China, Honda added.

Recalls have been on the increase in recent times as car makers share the same parts to reduce costs. Toyota came under fire last year for being slow to respond to recalls totaling more than 10 million vehicles globally for problems related to unintended acceleration, fixing millions of sticky pedals and slipping floor mats.
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
A problem with Honda's slushbox? Gee, I've never heard of such a thing before!
Posted via RS Mobile
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

did you read the problem?
if you shift from d-r quickly while the tires are spinning a bearing could fail and cause damage

no fucking kidding!
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

A lot of the accord forums have been dealing with transmission issues. The D flashes and it usually means your tranny's gone, my gf has a 09 v6 accord coupe hopfully the recall will extend to her models
Posted via RS Mobile
truong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

im not surprised the least bit...
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #6

the bulletin doesnt fix anything to do with the v6 transmissions being shit

its for the auto trannies behind k series motors, accord 4 cylinder and crv
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Yeah, it's kinda messed up cause you're always worried about V6 auto trannies and now the 4cyl ones are screwing up.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
So it looks like hondas aren't so reliable after all.. hell the civic isn't even that good of a car.. Some how N.america loved it and the rest of the world didnt. haha
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

have you guys read any of the information posted about the recall?