REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   over passenger (https://www.revscene.net/forums/651096-over-passenger.html)

JAYWALKER 08-06-2011 12:49 AM

over passenger

i was just taking 2 friends home from dinner@joyce. they are brothers and they live by killarney. i was taking 45th to kerr, then a cop started following me, by the time i was passing 49, the cop pull me over for not stoping for stop sign but i did stop for all of them because i notice a cop was behind me the whole time.

he end up giving me a ticket with a violation for over passenger. i am just wondering did he had the right to do that? cuz he pull me over for another reason

Fafine 08-06-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar ex seven (Post 7536316)
he end up giving me a ticket with a violation for over passenger. i am just wondering did he had the right to do that? cuz he pull me over for another reason

LOL

rJZx 08-06-2011 12:54 AM

:seriously:

MindBomber 08-06-2011 01:43 AM

An officer can give you a ticket at any time if you've operated your vehicle contrary to the MVA, it doesn't matter what the original reason for being pulled was.

Your not intelligent enough to operate a motor vehicle, please turn your license into ICBC promptly.

JAYWALKER 08-06-2011 02:21 AM

lol, atleast i know now. i shud know better next time

zulutango 08-06-2011 06:34 AM

You didn't know that you were supposed to stop at stop signs...and you didn't know the number of passengers is restricted...even though it is written on the back of your licence?

Soundy 08-06-2011 06:35 AM

:fulloffuck:

JAYWALKER 08-06-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7536401)
You didn't know that you were supposed to stop at stop signs...and you didn't know the number of passengers is restricted...even though it is written on the back of your licence?

i did stop for everything, driving responsibly. i already notice i was being follow on 45th, i wouldn't be dumb enough to not stop for stop signs. and yes, i know i shudnt be driving friends

XplicitLuder 08-06-2011 11:55 AM

the excuse to stop you was that you failed to stop at stop signs, which i believe you stopped at all of them, but then you got nailed with a proper ticket D: sucks mangg.

@Zulu : question, for N drivers you are only allowed 1 passenger other then immediate family, so that would mean mom/dad/brothers/sisters. But if i live with my cousins , and ive been with them for 10+years would THEY be my immediate family ? we have the same last name

twitchyzero 08-06-2011 04:29 PM

def'n of immediately family is pretty black and white.

Just because you share the same last name doesn't mean they are your immediately family...but I guess the police cannot prove that.