REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Looking for dress shirt for a wedding (https://www.revscene.net/forums/651144-looking-dress-shirt-wedding.html)

hundredone 08-06-2011 11:29 PM

Looking for dress shirt for a wedding

Hey

Im looking to buy a dress shirt and tie for a wedding. I dont want to spend too much on the shirt, maybe like 20-40$ if possible. Anyone know what color shirt and tie combination is good for a wedding? Light color shirt maybe or darker color shirt? Where can i get a cheap shirt but also look decent because i am only planning to wear it one time.

What do you think of this light blue shirt from Gstar?
G-star Cl New Shirt for men
Then match it with a silver tie. Would that be ok?
I am a size Large usualy, and the only size left is XL. Does gstar dress shirts fit a size smaller? Or would the XL be baggy on me?

Thanks

TOS'd 08-06-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hundredone (Post 7537068)
Hey

Im looking to buy a dress shirt and tie for a wedding. I dont want to spend too much on the shirt, maybe like 20-40$ if possible. Anyone know what color shirt and tie combination is good for a wedding? Light color shirt maybe or darker color shirt? Where can i get a cheap shirt but also look decent because i am only planning to wear it one time.

What do you think of this light blue shirt from Gstar?
G-star Cl New Shirt for men
Then match it with a silver tie. Would that be ok?
I am a size Large usualy, and the only size left is XL. Does gstar dress shirts fit a size smaller? Or would the XL be baggy on me?

Thanks

G-STAR // CL NEW SHIRT

Long sleeve stretch cotton button down in blue. Spread collar. Black logo embroidery at chest. Black logo tab at waist. Angled back collar panel. Pleats and paneling at three button sleeve cuffs. Side tabs at shirttail hem. Tone on tone stitching. 97% cotton, 3% elastane. Machine wash warm. Imported.

$77.00 CAD

:fulloffuck:

hundredone 08-07-2011 01:01 AM

yes the Gstar shirt is $77. If Gstar XL fits like a large and i cant find a good $20-$40 shirt, i guess i would pay a little more and get the Gstar for $77. But ofcourse i prefer finding something cheaper between $20-40

help pls

thanks

nns 08-07-2011 07:11 AM

Go to H&M.

SkinnyPupp 08-07-2011 07:17 AM

or Banana Republic

ilvtofu 08-07-2011 08:59 AM

are you wearing it under a jacket?

Don't spend $80 on that, hit up the bay IMO, you get great quality shirts for around $40 and they have a huge selection.

The G star might be too one size fits all, I haven't bought ready to wear shirts in a while since I went custom tailored from HK, even shipped would be better quality, fit, and price than an $80 shirt locally.

Don't ever buy shirts without trying them on though. Especially if you've never bought anything similar from that brand before.

You can also hit up mexx, zara, le chateau, for more selection.

hundredone 08-07-2011 09:39 AM

ilvtofu, i have my suit and will probably wear it ontop, but the wedding is on august 20, so i guess it will be hot and ill be taking it off too. I will check out the bay.. I think im just going to get a white dress shirt and a red or blue tie.

thanks

ilvtofu 08-07-2011 10:52 AM

Yeah man if u don't have a white dress shirt already it's probably a good idea to get one anyways
Posted via RS Mobile

Ronin 08-07-2011 12:58 PM

For about $40, I actually quite like the dress shirts at The Gap. They're cut slightly smaller and with a more fitted torso.

unit 08-07-2011 03:44 PM

you really want a dress shirt with a logo on it?

hundredone 08-07-2011 04:36 PM

unit, not really, i think without logo looks better and cleaner for a wedding, the gstar shirt is more for daily wear i think

will go to the Bay to find a white dress shirt

hundredone 08-07-2011 04:45 PM

unit, not really, i think without logo looks better and cleaner for a wedding, the gstar shirt is more for daily wear i think

will go to the Bay to find a white dress shirt

DiiCii 08-07-2011 04:55 PM

if there's a theme for the wedding, dress accordingly. if not, do simple black and white :P

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5E4rNe1buYI/Sw...dress%2010.jpg

XplicitLuder 08-07-2011 05:14 PM

i just went to a wedding last night lol and it all depends, are you going alone or with a date/gf ? what i did was match the dress of my date. she wore black dress so i wore a black pants/dress shirt with a white tie. i bought the tie + dress shirt at Le Chateu in metro. came out to...65$ or so

hundredone 08-07-2011 05:24 PM

im just going with family for my cousins wedding. Dont think there is a theme, so i plan on just getting a white dress shirt. Taeyang looks prety good in white. What color tie should i get to match my white shirt? I guess any color will match a white shirt. Should i go for a skinny tie and where can I find good prices on a tie? Thanks

unit 08-07-2011 06:10 PM

isn't there a banana outlet in south surrey?
try that

DiiCii 08-07-2011 07:54 PM

le chateau outlet in newton too

iam_dan 08-07-2011 09:47 PM

careful with the gstar shirt. its very short so when you sit down it'll untuck pretty easily.
for 20-40, your best bet is H&M.

ConCho 08-07-2011 10:37 PM

The Bay

hundredone 08-12-2011 01:10 AM

i will probably look for dress shirt tomrowow

i think i remember a place in Metro that sells cheap dress shirts, suits. I think it was called Tip Top? Is that the place that sells the 20-30$ dress shirt packaged with a tie combo?

Do they have that store in downtown as well? I just googled and found a Tip Top Tailors on Pender St. Is that the same store as the one in metro?

thanks

hundredone 08-12-2011 11:06 AM

called up tip top and their shirts run 45-99$ and their ties run 49-100$ also..
also they said their stuff isnt realy slim fit, so looks like i wont be going there..

gonna head to pacific center hoping to find something in mexx or le chateau

dachinesedude 08-12-2011 01:05 PM

imo dress shirts should never have any logos

also, fit and material quality is the most important, dont matter what brand it is

hundredone 08-19-2011 09:16 PM

i went downtown to pacific center the other day
checked out H&M.. their dress shirts are $18 and the fit and feel was decent. Then i checked out Mexx and Le chateau. The shirts at Mexx and Le chateau are about $70+. The quality of their shirts made in china and was very thick and hot wearing them. Dont think i want a hot thick shirt for wedding tomorrow. So i just bought the H&M shirt for 18$ and very happy with it. The H&M shirt is way cheaper and not as thick so it will be good for the summer weather. Went with a Light blue dress shirt + red tie.

thanks everyone for the suggestions

Shades 08-20-2011 01:06 AM

^
I saw the this shirt today in white at Mark James, if you're still intereted. They're having their 50% off closeout sale and I think they have M and L left.

buddy 08-20-2011 08:44 AM

how about Zara? I like their dress shirts ...