REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

question about red light cameras

so i have a beater that is currently under my name as the vehicle owner but the insurance is under my brother as the principal driver

he told me that he accidentally ran a red light going straight at 49th and granville and was pretty sure that he was flashed. My question is when the ticket comes in the mail is the violation going to be under my name or his? Are there gonna be any violation points issued? If yes then how many points will it be?

thx in advance for the input
Advertisement
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

the ticket will come in the mail for the registered owner of the car, if you pay it off then there will be no points. However if you dispute the ticket, then you will have to identify who ran the light and there will be points in that ticket for your brother. You or your brother should just pay off the ticket.
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

the plates are registered to your brother. so your brother will get the ticket.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamed View Post
the ticket will come in the mail for the registered owner of the car, if you pay it off then there will be no points. However if you dispute the ticket, then you will have to identify who ran the light and there will be points in that ticket for your brother. You or your brother should just pay off the ticket.
the camera has no way of identifying which vehicle belongs to which person. its all about the plates
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

yeh i told my bro to just pay it but im actually just concerned about the violation being under my name getting the points cuz i already have points right now so if i get anymore then i my insurance would go up

thx for the answers
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The tickets will be mailed out to the registered owner of the car. As mentioned previously, no points are associated with it so you don't have worry about that aspect.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
As long as you pay up, 0 changes will be done to your licensing record
Old 08-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Red light camera tickets
Red light camera (Intersection Safety Camera) tickets are given to drivers who have been caught going through, or failing to yield at, a red light. If you receive an Intersection Safety Camera ticket, it will arrive in the mail or be personally served to you. You have 45 days to pay a mailed ticket and 30 days for a personally served ticket.

It wasn’t you driving? Nominate another driver
If someone else was driving your vehicle when the Intersection Safety Camera ticket was issued, you can transfer responsibility for the payment by nominating that person. You both must agree to exchange responsibility for the ticket. If you can't agree, the vehicle owner is responsible for paying the fine. IF the ticket has been personally served, you cannot nominate another driver.

~ take from ICBC website

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...ting/red-light

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 08-10-2011 at 12:32 AM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
b92
Banned (ABWS)

i've been caught for red light cameras about 3-4 times last year and no tickets or anything on file. The red light cameras are there for intimidation purposes now. That's what I was told. Something about privacy.
b92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #10
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Someone working for icbc told me that they rotate the cameras in the different intersections, they dont actually have a camera at each of the locations permanently. That may explain why you didn't get fined in those 3-4 occasions. I'm also pretty sure that they're still sending out mails to people seeing as how one of my friends just got a mail yesterday saying that he needs to pay 167 bucks for running a red.

Good luck OP.
A.Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #11
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
i've been caught for red light cameras about 3-4 times last year and no tickets or anything on file. The red light cameras are there for intimidation purposes now. That's what I was told. Something about privacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Finch View Post
Someone working for icbc told me that they rotate the cameras in the different intersections, they dont actually have a camera at each of the locations permanently. That may explain why you didn't get fined in those 3-4 occasions. I'm also pretty sure that they're still sending out mails to people seeing as how one of my friends just got a mail yesterday saying that he needs to pay 167 bucks for running a red.

Good luck OP.
that used to be true, but within the last year icbc spent major dough into upgrading the cameras and installing new cameras, so chances r majority of the cameras actually do take pictures now instead of just flashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 AM   #12
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I got in a car accident 2 weeks ago in an intersection, so I was asking about cameras in intersections during my session with my ICBC adjustor, and that's what she told me...so I'm pretty sure the info is still fresh.

She might be wrong though, so who knows...
A.Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #13

good info thx guys
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
degenerate extraordinaire

IIRC it was never identified whether all the new cameras are functional, but they did install them in many more locations.

weird how your adjuster would tell you that information
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
IIRC it was never identified whether all the new cameras are functional, but they did install them in many more locations.

weird how your adjuster would tell you that information
ICBC | Second phase of life-saving intersection cameras rolled out

Quote:
Not all cameras will be activated at the same time. The cameras will be operated strategically, when historical and current data show the risk is greatest. This will maximize both the benefits and cost-effectiveness of the expanded program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Finch View Post
I got in a car accident 2 weeks ago in an intersection, so I was asking about cameras in intersections during my session with my ICBC adjustor, and that's what she told me...so I'm pretty sure the info is still fresh.

She might be wrong though, so who knows...
You actually believe a word an ICBC adjuster tells you? Wow... PT Barnum was right!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #17

k so just got the ticket in the mail and it was under my name
gonna go pay it off this weekend

last question is would this show up in my driver's abstract?
i really hope not..
Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #18
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Camera tickets does not effect points or drivers abstract.. only if the cops bust you..
Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
Let me know when & where you drive, so i won't be there. Obviously you have a problem paying attention when you drive. Running a red with a camera 3-4 times in a year, let alone those that didn't have one, says you need a major re-think on how you drive. Keep running red lights and we all know what sort of future you will have...or should I say, won't have.

If you really believe that the cameras are only there to intimidate people, then it obviously is not intimidating you. There are there to discourage red light runners like yourself from playing russian roulette with your car and other people's lives.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: