REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   turning fat into muscle (https://www.revscene.net/forums/651990-turning-fat-into-muscle.html)

BlueTeg 08-19-2011 07:55 AM

turning fat into muscle

How do I turn fat into muscle? I have been eating like a beast without working out and have gained about 20 lbs of fat... So now I want to turn this fat into muscle, now that I have created the room for growth. I was told my a fellow member that Doing 1rep maxes will be the best way to gain muscle mass FAST!!!

gdoh 08-19-2011 08:06 AM

go work out hard and consistently and you will see results. i dont know about 1 rep maxes seems like a waste of time for you i would do 6-8 rep maxes

use this for help - http://www.revscene.net/forums/55625...hread-373.html

inb4 skinny/halo =]

jas_daddy 08-19-2011 08:14 AM

start with bicep curls and go from there

BlueTeg 08-19-2011 11:13 AM

ya, i heard that too.. curls tricep pulldowns, and crunches.. i hear because you can do so many reps with those muscle groups, it burns more calories.. but it contradicts what someone told me in regards to 1 rm though.. so confused lolololol

SB7 08-19-2011 11:17 AM

Working out is important but diet, getting enough rest, keeping stress levels low, and quitting bad habits like smoking and drinking will really accelerate your results.
Posted via RS Mobile

chin3se604 08-19-2011 11:30 AM

muscle and fat are two different things

muscle is active tissues that burns calories and fat is storage for excess energy, so you cant turn fat in to muscles. What you can do is decrease fat while increasing muscle.

so what i suggest is

healthy nutrition
resistance training
cardio

stay hydrated and get in a gram of protein per body weight

strykn 08-19-2011 11:31 AM

http://community.us.playstation.com/...eIfSerious.jpg

Spidey 08-19-2011 02:57 PM

wtf

Matlock 08-19-2011 02:58 PM

How do I turn apples into bananas?

BlueTeg 08-19-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7551088)
How do I turn apples into bananas?

You can't.. what the hell does that have to do with anything!

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7550914)

Errr...why wouldn't I be serious?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chin3se604 (Post 7550912)
muscle and fat are two different things

muscle is active tissues that burns calories and fat is storage for excess energy, so you cant turn fat in to muscles. What you can do is decrease fat while increasing muscle.

so what i suggest is

healthy nutrition
resistance training
cardio

stay hydrated and get in a gram of protein per body weight

I agree with your nutrition and training and cardio, and even hydrated, but I am having a hard time understanding why you cannot turn fat into muscle. Where does the fat go then? It can't just disappear! Just like your bones just don't dissapear... When women age and their bones become brittle, the bone loses mass and some of the bone is turned into fat... that is why when women get old, their bone decreases and they get fatter, right?

Matlock 08-19-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 7551092)
You can't.. what the hell does that have to do with anything!

Same thing as turning "fat" into "muscle".

Your body can use fat as energy, but it doesn't magically transform into muscle. You can grow bigger muscles and still maintain the same amount of fat as before you started training.

BlueTeg 08-19-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7551098)
Same thing as turning "fat" into "muscle".

those 2 are fruits that come from different plants... muscle and fat and bone are all things that are within our body.. that started out the same when the sperm fertalized the egg.

DC5-S 08-19-2011 03:19 PM

I can't tell if your trolling or being serious.. either way your fucking retarded..

Oleophobic 08-19-2011 03:24 PM

wow you're trolling really hard.

If you're not trolling then I hope you keep gaining fat. I have no sympathy for people who think fat can turn into muscle, and then purposely get themselves fat because they think this is what has to be done in order to build muscle (via conversion of fat into muscle). These people deserve to get fat and then cry when they have trouble losing that weight.

I have no sympathy because it's the dumbest thing you can possibly think of with regards to gaining muscle and a simple fucking google search would've cleared that up the minute the person decides to embark on this quest to change their physique. I have never seen any bodybuilding website instructing anyone to purposely gain fat in order to convert it into muscle. smmfh

Kinda wish Skinnypupp would reply. He has a way with words and I could use a laugh :lol

DaFonz 08-19-2011 03:29 PM

I think you should KEEP eating like a beast.

Think about it, if you have to lift food into your mouth all the time, you're basically doing curls for mad reps. As you get bigger, your body has to work harder to move you which is practically weight lifting so you'll get jacked!

Fuck yah.

Fist pound bro.

MoBettah 08-19-2011 03:29 PM

Unless you're Jesus, you ain't turning water into wine.

Fcukedd 08-19-2011 04:54 PM

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...la-d3dwein.png

jas_daddy 08-19-2011 05:03 PM

bicep curls.... isssss best bro

BlueTeg 08-19-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas_daddy (Post 7551222)
bicep curls.... isssss best bro

they are my favourite exercise.. i did 5 sets of 1rm today and it felt great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoBettah (Post 7551118)
Unless you're Jesus, you ain't turning water into wine.

first of all, jesus never happened..., second of all, if wine didn't have water content, it would be a solid, genius.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 7551117)
I think you should KEEP eating like a beast.

Think about it, if you have to lift food into your mouth all the time, you're basically doing curls for mad reps. As you get bigger, your body has to work harder to move you which is practically weight lifting so you'll get jacked!

Fuck yah.

Fist pound bro.

give me a break. don't mock me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 7551109)
wow you're trolling really hard.

If you're not trolling then I hope you keep gaining fat. I have no sympathy for people who think fat can turn into muscle, and then purposely get themselves fat because they think this is what has to be done in order to build muscle (via conversion of fat into muscle). These people deserve to get fat and then cry when they have trouble losing that weight.

I have no sympathy because it's the dumbest thing you can possibly think of with regards to gaining muscle and a simple fucking google search would've cleared that up the minute the person decides to embark on this quest to change their physique. I have never seen any bodybuilding website instructing anyone to purposely gain fat in order to convert it into muscle. smmfh

Kinda wish Skinnypupp would reply. He has a way with words and I could use a laugh :lol

wtf is a troll? there are so much diff info out there, i wasn't sure who to trust. i don't know why you are so angry and have so much hate towards people who just want to get into better shape. what is smmfh?

gdoh 08-19-2011 05:31 PM

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/228000/22..._real_life.jpg

MindBomber 08-19-2011 05:48 PM

Here's what you should do.

Discontinue your plan of getting fat in order to build muscle, you'll just increase you BMI and have areas on your body where you'll have difficulty losing weight from later on.

Google mass gaining work out routines and start researching, there are plenty of very informative forums. Pick a routine, start that.

Google mass gaining work out diets and again start researching, you need to feed your body the proper nutrients if you want to build muscle, burning fat will not be enough. Start your new diet.

If you want results fast it's time to quit smoking, drinking, blazing, caffeine and start sleeping as much as possible.

/thread.

The_Situation 08-19-2011 06:29 PM

Visit your local GNC and purchase cell tech. The chemicals in this supplement activates the enzymes which facilitate the neurons
in your fat cells to synthesize more efficiently thus turning them into pure muscle.

http://badasssupplements.com/images/...core_6.7lb.jpg

Fcukedd 08-19-2011 09:47 PM

^ Agreed.

They had their broscientists conduct a 28-day study, and look at the results. WOW

http://southeastsupps.com.au/images/5.png

guddagudd 08-19-2011 10:40 PM

You should be trying to do 8-10 reps max with decently heavy weights, not just one rep max.

racerman88 08-20-2011 09:37 AM

should have been working out while eating a lot