REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I think I had to wait a little more than a month before I could "go in the water". That being said, I was a lifeguard at the time and had to teach swimming lessons so for the first month I just wore goggles at all times and even after a month I still had my eyes tightly shut whenever my eyes came near the water. Hell, I don't even open my eyes underwater at the pool anymore just because I know how dirty those places are.
Just because your eyes are closed underwater doesn't mean the pool water won't come into contact with your eyes...
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #52
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Just because your eyes are closed underwater doesn't mean the pool water won't come into contact with your eyes...
Oh I know, it's just much less haha.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #53
HELP ME PLS!!!

Also, besides the fact that PRK is a "no-touch surgical procedure". It's also a more proven method than LASIK because it's been around much longer.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #54
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
OP here. All is well and everything worked out. 20/20 and couldn't be happier.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
My sister went to Dr. Lin @ Pacific Laser. She says he was more than Lasik, but, apparently, this guy is the best. When it comes to something as important as your eyes, I don't mind paying a bit more.
IT is a little more and when my friend went to him, all the after care was paid out of pocket as well. Not included in the price

I had my eyes done at London Eye Centre in 2006 and have never had a problem.
I have quite a few friends who have gone there as well.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #56
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
IT is a little more and when my friend went to him, all the after care was paid out of pocket as well. Not included in the price

That was one of the main reasons I went to London Eye Place. Besides being renowned as the best place for this type of "surgery" they take care of all your post-op follow ups and everything in house. No need to run around anywhere else to get your check-ups and appointments. And not that I cared about the money when it came to my eyes, but it was all included in the initial price, also got an additional $500 discount when someone called in to ask to have me added to their group for the group rate discount.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #57
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Besides, if everybody stopped wearing glasses, what would happen to all the naughty librarians?

Pearle Vision Commercial - YouTube

The video clip is stretched and makes her face look off a bit, but she still looks hot.
Always loved this commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
but shes a total piece of cunt so who knows.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #58
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post

+1 for London, had mine done a little over 2 years ago. Very happy with the decision. Care and staff were great. I chose them because i have family members that went there 10+ years ago and are still happy.

Had PRK ( prior prescription was stable at -1.75 and -2.25 for about 5 years w/ some astigmatism)

My experience:
Painful during few days after as the skin grows back(stayed in bed took meds and drops)

Took about 2 weeks for computer/close up vision to be good
About the same for night vision to be what i remembered it to be.

Eyes were a little dry on wake up some mornings but hardly ever needed drops.

Now just good vision
silva95teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #59
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
so im assuming -1.75 and -2.25 means 175 and 225 degrees for your eyes?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
so im assuming -1.75 and -2.25 means 175 and 225 degrees for your eyes?
No, those numbers refer to the amount I was near sighted. I think the units are diopters or something. 0 would be perfect, a plus Would be farsighted and - indicates near sighted I believe. Astigmatism Is measured in degrees I think.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #61

yea and im asking does -1.75 mean 175 degree in terms of shortsightedness?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
yea and im asking does -1.75 mean 175 degree in terms of shortsightedness?
I am saying no I don't think it is in degrees at all, you can be -10.00 it isn't 1000 degrees. I would say it is more just a measurement of how far away from perfect vision you are. I am not an eye dr, so that's probably the best I can explain it. Maybe someone else will know better.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #63
RS controls my life!

Went to London Eye and Pacific Laser this past week for consultations to see which one I liked best.

London Eye said my cornea was too thin, so they recommended PRK. I really had my heart set on the Intralase SBK procedure, so I asked the doc again. He pulled out a calculator, punched a few numbers in and said that I'd be coming close to their threshold, but it would be ok (371 microns after surgery; their threshold is 350 microns while the international standard is 250 microns). Booked with them after their info guy gave me further info. $3300 including all follow up appointments (after a $500 discount for a referral).

Had Dr. Holland at Pacific Eye. He's really nice but said I wasn't a LASIK candidate and only PRK. $3100 + steroid drops that I'd need to be taking for 3-4 months (about $100-150 they said) + follow up appointments. Plus there's the contact lens "bandages" that need to be worn for 4-5 days and the week you need to take off work.

I chose London Eye for the Intralase SBK procedure, which uses a laser to cut the flap instead of a keratome blade. Recovery time is 1-3 days. PRK would have taken a week at least so the cost to me was negligible (time is money!) Getting it done in August.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva95teg View Post
I am saying no I don't think it is in degrees at all, you can be -10.00 it isn't 1000 degrees. I would say it is more just a measurement of how far away from perfect vision you are. I am not an eye dr, so that's probably the best I can explain it. Maybe someone else will know better.
Posted via RS Mobile
I appreciate that reply, still open to answers
Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #65
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Booked a consultation at the start of August @ Coal Harbour Eye Centre
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #66
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

i have very bad vision about -9 both eyes. Did anyone use to have horrible site like me and gotten prk done?
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #67
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
i have very bad vision about -9 both eyes. Did anyone use to have horrible site like me and gotten prk done?
Dude. We are not laser eye experts. Go for a consultation.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #68
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Hey guys, do you have referrals? I plan on taking my mom to do a few consultation soon. Also any updates on how your surgery went and how are your eyes now?
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #69
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Hey guys, do you have referrals? I plan on taking my mom to do a few consultation soon. Also any updates on how your surgery went and how are your eyes now?
Coal Harbour Eye Centre.

Dr. Kirzner is great
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #70
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Coal Harbour Eye Centre.

Dr. Kirzner is great
Posted via RS Mobile
Went with Coal Harbour because I liked their staff and facility. Didn't see Dr.Kirzner as much as I was lead to believe (the only time I saw him was during surgery) and one of the sales made it sound like he also does followup. All consultations, followup was done by his staff, but they seem experienced and know what they are doing. Overall experience was good and would recommend.

Did PRK - Surgery was quick and painless, less than 10 minutes and I had no recovery pain/time. I hear this is not the case for everyone that does PRK though(they prescribed lorazepam and eye pain drops which I didn't have to use). I got my surgery done a month ago now, and apparently I can see 20/20 - I can read the last row on the charts. But I'm kind of sad because it is not completely crystal for me, and it is probably because of the residual astigmatism I have. I think everyone's recovery is a bit different depending on how thick your cornea is and how you heal. I'm going to give it another month and wait and see.

Overall it was one of the best decisions I have made and would recommend Coal harbor since they are pretty mid priced (cheapest I think is 499 per eye I've heard on the radio?, highest I've seen is 3-4k. Mine was 2k everything in) and Dr. Kirzner is one of the top surgeons.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #71
i like gifs

Another thing to consider is that Dr. Kirzner OWNS his own laser eye surgery practice. All those LASIK MD and London Place ones hire out.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #72
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
i was -7.5, did PRK at London Eye Center. Best investment ever.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #73
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Can somebody with high astigmastism prior to surgery chime in on whether or not it was completely removed after surgery? I can see 20/20, but things aren't "crystal clear" (slighly shaky/blurry)
Old 02-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #74
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Can somebody with high astigmastism prior to surgery chime in on whether or not it was completely removed after surgery? I can see 20/20, but things aren't "crystal clear" (slighly shaky/blurry)
i didn't have "high" astigmatism, was around .75 in both eyes. After surgery was all gone and eyesight was like a hawk. 1.5 years later my astigmatism is back, haven't gotten it tested to see how much is back but seems less. However maybe because I'm not nearsighted anymore so it seems less than before. Same thing happened with my friend where her astigmatism came back after a couple of years.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #75
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
i didn't have "high" astigmatism, was around .75 in both eyes. After surgery was all gone and eyesight was like a hawk. 1.5 years later my astigmatism is back, haven't gotten it tested to see how much is back but seems less. However maybe because I'm not nearsighted anymore so it seems less than before. Same thing happened with my friend where her astigmatism came back after a couple of years.
Would you consider again surgery again to get back to the eyesight of right after surgery?