REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Got hit and run (https://www.revscene.net/forums/652451-got-hit-run.html)

nguyen 08-27-2011 10:32 AM

Got hit and run

I got hit and run about last month and a half ago, I managed to grab his plate while he was in the process of trying to get away, afterwards I made a claim and icbc said that its most likley 100% his fault. So I went to icbc n they got my story n did an estimate. Afterwards she told me that either I can pay the deductable and wait until they made contact with the other party and see if they approved to the hit and run and then I would be given my monney. I told her I don't have that money right now since I'm on a tight budget. I said I would wait until she has made contact so I can just go get my ride fixed (it still runs, just minor paint + dent damage). So right now its been a month and a half and I called to see my status of my claim and she just told me she hasn't made contact with the other party yet.
My problem is that how long is this going to go for? What if they never make contact. What can I do? TIA
Posted via RS Mobile

Berzerker 08-27-2011 10:33 AM

Call back and ask to talk to a supervisor. Seems pretty simple to me.

Berz out.

wing_woo 08-28-2011 09:53 PM

ICBC is supposed to try to contact them X number of times. I can't remember how many times. If the other party does not get in contact with ICBC after they've tried a reasonable number of times (ie. they are avoiding ICBC), then ICBC may just deem them at fault by default. You have to keep pestering ICBC to get updates though.

BallPeenHammer2 09-05-2011 10:28 PM

They generally try to contact someone for a couple weeks, then takes another 30 days or so. The other driver has to also respond to an attempted contact by ICBC to them.

I've had one before, it took about 2 months. I told ICBC to give'em a leeway for a couple weeks just in case. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll let you know pretty soon.

Fobman 09-05-2011 11:43 PM

yeah my case took almost 2 months as well. i had to keep calling icbc couple of times to get answers

hc529 09-06-2011 12:11 AM

My girlfriend got hit and run and the cop found him nearby. And ts been 2months, icbc adjuster Contacted them 2 times, they will mail again before they send him a served letter, just keep checking up with your adjuster!

We had an off duty cop as witness so we will probably win the case because the cop saw everything
Posted via RS Mobile

chunk_stir 09-06-2011 11:03 PM

I just got a call today from the insurance company for a hit on Game 6 of SC playoffs (Jun 13)).... > 2 months

that was with the person's contact info after chasing them down...

zulutango 09-09-2011 12:07 PM

Did you find a business card under your windshield wiper??? Sorry, could not resist...

Simnut 09-09-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7572856)
Did you find a business card under your windshield wiper??? Sorry, could not resist...

:fullofwin:

BallPeenHammer2 09-09-2011 10:06 PM

Zulu: DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE ................. lol

but seriously, ICBC takes FOREVER. I have a friend that works at a dealership, and one of the loaners, which was parked at a customer's house, had 2 wheels stolen off of it. It took ICBC 2 months to authorize. AND they didn't want to pay the towing, citing "you guys are just trying to screw with us. We won't pay for the flatbed tow truck and the extra labour for dolly work."

the car was a 2008 Audi A6 AWD. With 2 wheels missing. You all can probably piece this $hitshow together....

fliptuner 09-10-2011 01:29 PM

That's such BS. 1-2 months to contact the guy and get things going when it would take 1-2 days for him (the guy who hit you) to fix his car and get rid of the evidence.