REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Got hit and run

I got hit and run about last month and a half ago, I managed to grab his plate while he was in the process of trying to get away, afterwards I made a claim and icbc said that its most likley 100% his fault. So I went to icbc n they got my story n did an estimate. Afterwards she told me that either I can pay the deductable and wait until they made contact with the other party and see if they approved to the hit and run and then I would be given my monney. I told her I don't have that money right now since I'm on a tight budget. I said I would wait until she has made contact so I can just go get my ride fixed (it still runs, just minor paint + dent damage). So right now its been a month and a half and I called to see my status of my claim and she just told me she hasn't made contact with the other party yet.
My problem is that how long is this going to go for? What if they never make contact. What can I do? TIA
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Call back and ask to talk to a supervisor. Seems pretty simple to me.

Berz out.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

ICBC is supposed to try to contact them X number of times. I can't remember how many times. If the other party does not get in contact with ICBC after they've tried a reasonable number of times (ie. they are avoiding ICBC), then ICBC may just deem them at fault by default. You have to keep pestering ICBC to get updates though.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

They generally try to contact someone for a couple weeks, then takes another 30 days or so. The other driver has to also respond to an attempted contact by ICBC to them.

I've had one before, it took about 2 months. I told ICBC to give'em a leeway for a couple weeks just in case. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll let you know pretty soon.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

yeah my case took almost 2 months as well. i had to keep calling icbc couple of times to get answers
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

My girlfriend got hit and run and the cop found him nearby. And ts been 2months, icbc adjuster Contacted them 2 times, they will mail again before they send him a served letter, just keep checking up with your adjuster!

We had an off duty cop as witness so we will probably win the case because the cop saw everything
Posted via RS Mobile
hc529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I just got a call today from the insurance company for a hit on Game 6 of SC playoffs (Jun 13)).... > 2 months

that was with the person's contact info after chasing them down...
chunk_stir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Did you find a business card under your windshield wiper??? Sorry, could not resist...
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Did you find a business card under your windshield wiper??? Sorry, could not resist...

Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Zulu: DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE ................. lol

but seriously, ICBC takes FOREVER. I have a friend that works at a dealership, and one of the loaners, which was parked at a customer's house, had 2 wheels stolen off of it. It took ICBC 2 months to authorize. AND they didn't want to pay the towing, citing "you guys are just trying to screw with us. We won't pay for the flatbed tow truck and the extra labour for dolly work."

the car was a 2008 Audi A6 AWD. With 2 wheels missing. You all can probably piece this $hitshow together....
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
That's such BS. 1-2 months to contact the guy and get things going when it would take 1-2 days for him (the guy who hit you) to fix his car and get rid of the evidence.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote