REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,883 Times in 745 Posts
Anyone ever do the rear brakes on a 3rd gen camry?

This gen.

Trying to take the caliper bracket off to replace the rotors but I can't for the life of me get the damn upper bolt off. It's kind of recessed in there and none of my extensions are the right length because they're either too short (that's what she said) or too long considering the space I have to fit my tools in there. Can't get a good grip on the bolt and the head is starting to round off. If anyone has experienced the same or a similar problem, please chime in here with how you resolved the issue. TIA
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
get the right extension, take the caliper off first if you have to, get the right tool. im pretty sure a 17 offset wrench or a 1/2 inch 17mm socket with a 3inch extension will do the job. if you dont have it dont try it
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote