REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #601
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
meanwhile in china....

15 going over 200km
That is Taiwan not China
Advertisement
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #602
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
A couple of friends and I were talking about these idiot kids this past weekend and I think the North American way of thinking about hitting these kids (or parents) where it hurts, the pocket book is just not going to work. Unfortunately, most rich mainlanders don't really care that much about money, because they can always make more. If you really want the parents to play a more active role in their kid's behaviour, hit asians were it hurts....."Face". Any person caught speeding +50kms or greater than posted speed limit, post there picture and name in the newspaper. I guarantee you, this will get a response from these kids parents.

Asians care more about "face" than money.

No asian parent wants to deal with the ridicule from other parents. "oh, I saw your son in the paper"
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #603
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
This has been addressed numerous times now on various radio shows, by several people including the Solicitor General: civil forfeiture law (at least in BC) can also be applied to property used in the commission of a crime.
Yes, and the whole issue here is that it should NOT.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #604
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
A couple of friends and I were talking about these idiot kids this past weekend and I think the North American way of thinking about hitting these kids (or parents) where it hurts, the pocket book is just not going to work. Unfortunately, most rich mainlanders don't really care that much about money, because they can always make more. If you really want the parents to play a more active role in their kid's behaviour, hit asians were it hurts....."Face". Any person caught speeding +50kms or greater than posted speed limit, post there picture and name in the newspaper. I guarantee you, this will get a response from these kids parents.

Asians care more about "face" than money.

No asian parent wants to deal with the ridicule from other parents. "oh, I saw your son in the paper"

skip to :20 seconds
suboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #605
RS Lurker, I don't post!

They really do need some attitude adjustments.

Rich Chinese Youth Fined in Canada Claim Westerners Jealous – chinaSMACK
ColdFx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #606
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFx View Post
I'm a white dude who is xenophobic at the best of times, and even I think they're right. The fucking gwailo focus more on the fact that these kids have more cash than they could ever imagine, while forgetting that they're our best bet to fight these bullshit seizure laws. If these kids lawyer up, we owe them a debt of gratitude, not our scorn.

Welcome to Vancouver. If you're pissed about rich immigrants, then move to Revelstoke where it's predominantly white, and has zero culture.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #607
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFx View Post
Quote:
In the Vancouver metropolitan city of Surrey
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #608
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I'm a white dude who is xenophobic at the best of times, and even I think they're right. The fucking gwailo focus more on the fact that these kids have more cash than they could ever imagine, while forgetting that they're our best bet to fight these bullshit seizure laws. If these kids lawyer up, we owe them a debt of gratitude, not our scorn.

Welcome to Vancouver. If you're pissed about rich immigrants, then move to Revelstoke where it's predominantly white, and has zero culture.
I like how you spell "gwailo", that is awesome!

There are allot of white people with money in Vancouver too, but they don't all act like douches. I blame the parents for not actually instilling any values with their kids......."if I have money, I can do whatever I want", doesnt work like that in North America.

I am Asian, but these kids make all asians look bad. Just like the show Swamp People make people from the south look like in breeds.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #609
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I like how you spell "gwailo", that is awesome

Engrish isn't my first tongue.

Quote:
There are allot of white people with money in Vancouver too, but they don't all act like douches. I blame the parents for not actually instilling any values with their kids......."if I have money, I can do whatever I want", doesnt work like that in North America.
Being a white guy who did grow up with money, let it be known that I knew a ton of kids from well off families who happily promoted the criminal lifestyle because it was "cool". Guys with million dollar trust funds who stole cars, and sold bags of coke. Even now in their early 30's my old neighborhood friends now grow dope, or are "associates". They don't need the money, and they had a ton of opportunity, but it wasn't "exciting". I don't hang out with those guys anymore, because lets face it, it's time to grow up. Having a grow op in the basement of your home, while your wife and kids live upstairs is one of the more selfish, and dangerous ways of making money.

Quote:
I am Asian, but these kids make all asians look bad. Just like the show Swamp People make people from the south look like in breeds.
The worse these kids did was to humanize the stereotype of the rich asian kid. I'd feel the same if it was white kids, persians, or American douchebags.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #610
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
If these kids lawyer up, we owe them a debt of gratitude, not our scorn.
What I hate about these kids is not how much money they have, if they're spoiled or what they drive. RS has always had a significant number of posters who get upset at people who have more than they do. What a miserable way to live your life, pissed off at those who have more than you do.

What I hate about these kids is they won't lawyer up to set a precedent. They don't give a fuck about others so why should they fight this? They'll forget about the fine and impound and let things die quietly. Money wise it cost them nothing anyway.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #611
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
What I hate about these kids is not how much money they have, if they're spoiled or what they drive. RS has always had a significant number of posters who get upset at people who have more than they do. What a miserable way to live your life, pissed off at those who have more than you do.
Well said.
I still have my days, but most of the time it's easier to focus on the positives, rather than worry about the fact that I won't have a Lambo of my own for a long time.

Quote:
What I hate about these kids is they won't lawyer up to set a precedent. They don't give a fuck about others so why should they fight this? They'll forget about the fine and impound and let things die quietly. Money wise it cost them nothing anyway.
Posted via RS Mobile

sigh.
And that's the meat of it. Rather than turn this into a positive scenario and actually use the opportunity to help our community, they'd rather buy a new pair of Gucci loafers so they look cool sipping bubble tea before clubbing.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #612
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Well, maybe it would be a good thing if they did try to go after them with the forfeiture law then... a few hundred bucks might not phase them, but maybe the prospect of losing their supercars might be enough incentive for them to decide to fight the system.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #613
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
Completely agree with you on that part, but it's not just in RS, it's every where in the lower mainland. Lots of people are more upset because of what these kids have, at their age than they are truly mad about what they've done. It's a vindictive type of anger to somehow bring them down to an "average" level. It's irrelevant whether they've "earned" their money, "deserve" their money or how they treat their money, because at the end of the day, whosever money that is, it's being used with the way they wish to use it; nothing else matters.

And your take on these people living a miserable way of life is absolutely true. Although you can't see it, their tone when they type about these kids' money has anger in it; and they will deny that it has anything to do with envy but it absolutely does. The mindset for these kids should be "who cares" about their money. It shouldn't affect anyone else because them having money doesn't harm us and it doesn't do us any good either. It only effects them. Sure, people can argue the fact that they're rich gives them the ability to own a powerful, deadly sports car but to be honest, any car can be deadly powerful or not. Anyone can get their hands on a powerful sports car, cash payment, leased or on credit. So it's really all very trivial. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #614
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
they'd rather buy a new pair of Gucci loafers so they look cool sipping bubble tea before clubbing.
lets be real here...nothing will help you look cool while drinking bubble tea...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #615
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
I assume you mean the impound law, cause the civil forfeiture law is unlikely to affect any of us.

Ontario has had the impound law longer, it has more bite (2 weeks impound, $2K fine), and Toronto has far more money than Vancouver... wanna guess where I'm going: the impound law is still on the books despite many failed attempts to fight it.

I think they are right too, the fine of $196 is far too low if they were speeding.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #616
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Hey sally, you may have fooled others, but to those with some extra IQ points, your ramblings resemble pure insanity.
You don't have those extra IQ points. Pay attention, you'll learn something.

Quote:
Very simply, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 8 states...
Quote:
"Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure."
What is unreasonable you may ask?
Quote:
The first step in "what is unreasonable grounds" to believe an offense has been committed. First the police must know that the law was broken. This eliminates random checks and routine stops and inspections. The police cannot stop you and search your car or enter your home without knowing a law was broken and then having some real factual link to you and the broken law.
The key here is that they they need a "factual" link, aka, evidence. Eyewitness account can only go so far. They needed real evidence.
If this was true then these would be illegal:
1. Roadside checks for drinking and driving (implemented in all provinces)
2. Roadside checks for vehicle safety (implemented in Ontario)
3. Roadside checks for insurance (implemented in the Maritimes)
4. Roadside checks for tires/chains (implemented in several provinces)

What you're forgetting is that we live in Canada, our Charter of Rights and Freedoms is not the same as the US like the TV lawyers you've seen and are quoting. Our Charter of Rights and Freedoms is written so that it can be bypassed, and when those reasonable grounds are found they become law.

Quote:
Then you go off asking Marco to cite examples. Let me tell you, you're so fucking painful to deal with, that you drive people away from the thread. He's not dumb, just tired of seeing you reply.
No, he's dumb, missing the same IQ points

Our laws are written on examples, thus why I use them. Welcome to Canada and case law, stop watching so much TV.

Quote:
you throw all credibility out the window. Trust me, your credibility needs all the help it can get.
I don't hide behind not having a fail button.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #617
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post

If this was true then these would be illegal:
1. Roadside checks for drinking and driving (implemented in all provinces)
2. Roadside checks for vehicle safety (implemented in Ontario)
3. Roadside checks for insurance (implemented in the Maritimes)
4. Roadside checks for tires/chains (implemented in several provinces)
At an attempt to avoid arguing with you and have you name-call unnecessarily again, I will have to object to this point you made. This point and only this point.

These 4 items you have listed have nothing to do with search and seizure; they're simply to enforce driving regulations. The gentleman above (origonalhypa) meant to say "this EXCLUDES random checks and routine stops and inspections." Because in that sense, he is absolutely right.

Roadside checks are indeed random and legally justified. Similarly, if an officer pulls you over just to ask you for your drivers license, you must oblige. However, if an officer approaches you on the street and asks to see some I.D., you legally do not have to oblige and you can simply walk away.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #618
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Completely agree with you on that part, but it's not just in RS, it's every where in the lower mainland.
White people say things to other white people as they assume we all have some level of racism in us. I've had a lot of conversations with other gwailo and the main focus is that these asian kids don't "deserve" to have nice things. People are happy that these kids were caught, not because they put others in danger, but because they were rich satellite students. There are blinders simply because of the shape of these kids eyes, and that's not fair.

Quote:
At an attempt to avoid arguing with you and have you name-call unnecessarily again

nice.

I guess Taylor posted something?
I have him on ignore mode and laugh that he put so much effort into his reply, and I can't be bothered to read it.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #619
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
These 4 items you have listed have nothing to do with search and seizure; they're simply to enforce driving regulations. The gentleman above (origonalhypa) meant to say "this EXCLUDES random checks and routine stops and inspections." Because in that sense, he is absolutely right.
I can only respond to what he does post, not what he meant to post. He certainly has demonstrated he doesn't understand the difference.

Quote:
Roadside checks are indeed random and legally justified. Similarly, if an officer pulls you over just to ask you for your drivers license, you must oblige.
Thus why driving is referred to as a privilege, not a right.

Quote:
However, if an officer approaches you on the street and asks to see some I.D., you legally do not have to oblige and you can simply walk away.
Your example is too simple though. If an officer has a reasonable reason to ask you while walking down the street, you do have to oblige or they can detain you. For example, if you match the description of a criminal they are looking for in the area (this has happened to me, thus why I know the law, I looked it up after cause I didn't know if I could've declined).

Thus it all comes back to a re-occurring theme: what's reasonable? as our laws and rights allow reasonable exceptions.

In one of the latest articles it is stated they are only pursuing forfeiture from some of the drivers, not all. They are going after the ones where it has become reasonable based on their driving record. Unfortunately the latest article (below) doesn't restate this. It would be nice to confirm if they are going after all, or some.

Now it has become official, the process starts so we'll see who's interpretation of the law is correct, or if the law changes after this case:

Street-racing sports cars seized in August should be forfeited, application says
Old 09-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #620
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
People are happy that these kids were caught, not because they put others in danger, but because they were rich satellite students. There are blinders simply because of the shape of these kids eyes, and that's not fair.
I agree with you, yet think there's no way to prevent blinders from being put on in one form or another.

I was in Ontario when the "stunt law" (aka the street racing law, the impound law, the 50kmph over law, ...) came into affect. It was first proposed cause 2 Hondas were street racing and killed a couple in Toronto. People went crazy, the new law passed easily. From then on anyone in a modified car was assumed to be a street racer, and cops started cracking down on our impromptu night meets at Tims to inspect cars.

Later we find out the kids were speeding (20-30 kmph over), not exactly racing, and the couple killed were drunk and illegally pulled out into traffic. Did this ever make the main stream media? or lead to the law being changed back? Nope, the damage has been done and won't be undone.

Like it or not people are going to judge, and the actions/words of these kids certainly don't help.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #621
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Public Forfeiture eh =/

Five vehicles identified to be forfeited to B.C. government by street racing teens
by Daniel Ponzini (RSS feed) on Sep 29th 2011 at 4:00PM

It has been a while since we heard any updates on the alleged B.C. teens street racing incident that saw numerous exotics yanked off the street and locked away in impound lots. The last we heard was that the B.C. government was intending to permanently seize five vehicles and auction them off. Well the word is now out on which five vehicles the lawsuit is aiming to take possession over - two Lamborghinis, an Aston Martin, a Mercedes SLS AMG and a Nissan GT-R.

The drivers were reportedly swerving in and out of traffic in an unsafe manner which was considered by other motorists as street racing at speeds of over 180-200 km/h.

The director of civil forfeiture would like to see the vehicles be put up on the auction block and make the teens feel the pain metaphorically to what their dangerous driving could have resulted in. Out of the five vehicles, one was driven by a minor, and an additional two were operated by novice drivers. The driver of the Nissan GT-R only holds a driver's licence issued by the People's Republic of China.

The Province also reports that several of the defendants are now known to have previous driving records that include not having a valid licence, all the way up to, you guessed it, street racing.

We will keep you in the loop with the latest news on the court case.

News Source: The Province

Five vehicles identified to be forfeited to B.C. government by street racing teens — Autoblog Canada

Pretty Interesting....
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #622
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
title of article: Five vehicles identified to be forfeited to B.C. government
Makes it seem like its a done deal, then it just says in article that they are aiming to take possession and the director of civil forf. would like to see them go to auction....
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #623
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
So why is that only 5 of them are targeted and the rest are left free to go?
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #624
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
title of article: Five vehicles identified to be forfeited to B.C. government
Makes it seem like its a done deal, then it just says in article that they are aiming to take possession and the director of civil forf. would like to see them go to auction....

Pretty much a done deal. If the gov wants those cars, they will get it!

Canada now becomes guilty unless proven innocent.
BMW M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #625
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP670-4 SV View Post
So why is that only 5 of them are targeted and the rest are left free to go?
cuz matt told the police that it was only those 5 speeding
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote