REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
And that's fine. Personal choice. But spreading stupidity is what irritates me. Things like "they use a BRAND of beef called 100%" and "ground beef is bad for you because it's ground" and "salt is bad for you"... it's all such bullshit needs to stop.
Good luck with that. You could link to real studies and people on revscene will say stupid shit like "OMG, you think you're so smart because you linked to a study, but you're WRONG because my cousin who knows everything says so. So there!"

Just breathe... and accept that there will be a lot of stupid people spouting stupid shit everywhere you go.
Advertisement
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #52
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
The problem is, for every well-done study that shows correct information, there are 10-20 horribly done studies, manipulated to show what "everyone knows" about nutrition. You can even look at the exact same study, and see how its figures are twisted and manipulated to show what they want. If you leave the figures alone, it's a completely different outcome.

As long as that continues, it will still be "everyone knows" salt is bad for you, "everyone knows" fat makes you fat, "everyone knows" etc. Meanwhile, we get fatter and sicker than ever before, dying from diseases that never existed just decades ago
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #53
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The problem is, for every well-done study that shows correct information, there are 10-20 horribly done studies, manipulated to show what "everyone knows" about nutrition. You can even look at the exact same study, and see how its figures are twisted and manipulated to show what they want. If you leave the figures alone, it's a completely different outcome.

As long as that continues, it will still be "everyone knows" salt is bad for you, "everyone knows" fat makes you fat, "everyone knows" etc. Meanwhile, we get fatter and sicker than ever before, dying from diseases that never existed just decades ago
And not everyone is willing to spend the time reading about study design and beyond the abstract to see if they ARE good studies let alone come up with their own conclusions from data.

The reason that people fall back on the "everyone knows..." is because they're lazy.

Take intermittent fasting as an example on revscene here. You have basically everyone in this forum except for me and sonick saying "OMG, 6 meal a day or your muscles get catabolized!" while a large body of research has shown that oh wait, that's not true. In fact, more protein in one sitting could actually be better than protein multiple times a day.

Everyone wants shortcuts and this is one way they do it. If you keep arguing with idiots, the only thing that will happen is that you'll repeatedly wondering how people can be so dumb
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
And not everyone is willing to spend the time reading about study design and beyond the abstract to see if they ARE good studies let alone come up with their own conclusions from data.

The reason that people fall back on the "everyone knows..." is because they're lazy.

Take intermittent fasting as an example on revscene here. You have basically everyone in this forum except for me and sonick saying "OMG, 6 meal a day or your muscles get catabolized!" while a large body of research has shown that oh wait, that's not true. In fact, more protein in one sitting could actually be better than protein multiple times a day.

Everyone wants shortcuts and this is one way they do it. If you keep arguing with idiots, the only thing that will happen is that you'll repeatedly wondering how people can be so dumb
I've read that eating 6-7 meals a day increases insulin levels in the long run (Tnation). But i do believe that only so much protein can be utilized at one time.
mkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #55
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
holy crap...just eat what you guys enjoy LOL

btw anyone reading this and craving mcdonalds right now?
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkings View Post
I've read that eating 6-7 meals a day increases insulin levels in the long run (Tnation). But i do believe that only so much protein can be utilized at one time.
Thats a bunch of crap, your body just doesn't not process protein after a certain amount in one sitting. I wouldn't worry about meal timing i'd worry more about getting enough calories by the end of the day to make your muscles grow, hitting enough protein and fats while doing it. You want to do that all in one meal, go ahead if you can stuff it down.

btw how do i get thanked and failed by skinnypupp in the same post lol
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS

Omg...this went from a topic about fast food to a fascist discussion optimal nutrition. Im just gonna stick to the Sex/Relationship forum and hang around the masturbation topic...At least there is nobody there telling me theres a wrong way to kill my boner.
Posted via RS Mobile
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #58
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Hahaha, wow. I stopped reading from page 2.

JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #59
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

nandos to expensive anyways

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #60
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,173 Times in 2,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkings View Post
no this is utter false bro-science.
Posted via RS Mobile
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

oooh
yeshanlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #62
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
ooooh

You just got banned.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: