REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Advice after breakup (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653197-%5Bconfidential%5D-advice-after-breakup.html)

El Bastardo 09-09-2011 12:13 AM

[Confidential] Advice after breakup

The following post is from an anonymous member. If they would like to reply to any replies please pm me.

I was single for about 6 months before I had decided to go for this chick i was crushing on. long story short this girl I was insanely in love with. my biggest mistake was making myself too available to her. i always texted and called her and tried to spend time with her as much as i could because our schedules were opposite she worked til 12am and i worked a normal M-F 8 hr day. she started hanging with a mutual friend we both met at her work. and started hanging out with him and his group but she never asked me to come along. she always dedicated her days off to these guys. i always got the days when they werent doing something or she had time to squeeze me in. she always texted me 3-5 hrs after i text her when she clearly sits in front of a desk with her phone in front of her. we finally broke it off after a month and a half, my gut told me it wasnt working which it clearly wasnt.

I know shes just not that into me but we had good times together when we got time to be together. i miss her so much. we ended on what sounded to be neutral terms but she hasnt called or text me since and nor have i sent anything to her. i want to call her or text or something but what should i do...?

6insomnia9 09-09-2011 12:17 AM

Sounds like she wasn't worth it , move on buddy.

If she cant give you the time of the day to even send you a text back , fuck it.

Why give her the time of the day?

You will have this feeling again , just don't hurt yourself more with this one.

Learn to evolve my brother.

!e.lo_ 09-09-2011 12:26 AM

Just give it time. This one was just a test run, don't take it too seriously.

like 6insomnia9 said, "just don't hurt yourself more with this one"
because another one will come along, and from this past relationship, take what you've learned and apply it.

LSF22 09-09-2011 12:33 AM

Don't beat yourself up over anything. Seems that she's young and still immature? At least you knew what your mistakes were, she's obviously not worth your time and effort so might as well save it for the next one (which could be the right one!)

Good luck! :thumbsup:

jbsali 09-09-2011 01:32 AM

The "always available" tends to set girls off. I've been with my gf for 8 years now and to this day she might bitch that i'm needy, when all i do is tell her when i'm available so that we can find a time suitable for the both of us. My schedule is unpredictable so i let her know how my weeks are. You on the otherhand have a M-F job that she could have probably memorized from day 1.

My advice to you is too forget about this chick. Forget she even existed and start over. The worst thing you could do is label yourself the problem and feel as though you fucked up everything. Everyone has been there bro. She could have easily told you how she felt about the whole situation. Relationships are not designed to be a one-way street.

Move on and take things slow in the next relationship. Although you might go in with strong affections for eachother, play it safe and keep the plans small.

Goodluck to you sir!

melloman 09-09-2011 07:35 AM

Forget her and move on. It's tough but when you sit down and think about it, she lost you. You tried to see her and she just wasn't that commited.

Just take the next relationship a bit slower and play it by ear..

illicitstylz 09-09-2011 08:59 AM

oh look, its another one of these threads.

OP is a beta.

gdoh 09-09-2011 09:43 AM

yo move on she doesnt wana give time for you then why should you give time for her, your just gunna get hurt more if you continue. move on theres plenty more women

dignatas 09-09-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 7572640)

OP is a beta.

that is the point you douchebag... helping newbies/beginners :fulloffuck:

dachinesedude 09-09-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

OP is a beta.

i swear, misc'ers like you give the worst advice

whats next, you gonna tell him to "be more alpha" and "stop being a wk"?

gdoh 09-09-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

OP is a beta.

you knew it was gunna be one of these threads before you clicked so why even bother coming in here?? just to get points?? or....

MrGoodbar 09-09-2011 12:40 PM

Forget about her now and save yourself the pain of knowing when she finds someone else. Stop blaming yourself for your mistakes as it was a learning experience. Take those mistakes and don't do them for the next girl you meet.

illicitstylz 09-09-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachycardia! (Post 7572418)
[I]T long story short this girl I was insanely in love with. my biggest mistake was making myself too available to her. i always texted and called her and tried to spend time with her as much as i could

i want to call her or text or something but what should i do...?

you already tried that and it failed, cut contact.

MindBomber 09-09-2011 01:09 PM

It sounds like she wasn't the greatest girl when you were together, so even if you do still have residual feelings I wouldn't act on them unless there's a sign she would act differently if you got back together.

Move on, as soon as you meet someone else you'll feel a lot better.

buddy 09-09-2011 04:45 PM

Did she put out?

Richmond69er 09-10-2011 10:51 AM

keep your head up and dont be afraid to put yourself out there.
just look at it as her loss, fuck it right! why should you feel bad? find a new girl, take things slow = profit?

itll stick it to her more seeing you unphased then giving her the satisfaction of seeing you broken.

man up.

illicitstylz 09-10-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7572765)
you knew it was gunna be one of these threads before you clicked so why even bother coming in here?? just to get points?? or....

king_2011 09-10-2011 09:08 PM

this proves what ppl say "don't make someone a priority when they take you as an option" . Good thing you guys broke off fast .

DiiCii 09-10-2011 09:59 PM

like the others have said, it's her loss. it's great that you invest into her, but it's painful when they take you for granted or give you the least attention that you didn't expect.

that's what usually catches us by surprise and throws us into this what seems to be a never ending hole of depression:okay: you did yourself a big favor that you noticed it wasn't working out and broke it off early. and not 1 or more years down the road! :D

not thinking about her is easy. GET OUT MORE! be social, and be yourself! you still got a lifetime, and like they say: "good things come to those who wait". enjoy yourself and the single life while you wait for that girl to cross your path. nobody is there to tell you "wtf you lookin at" when you're checking out some girls ass LOL. next girl that doesn't appreciate what you do for them, just do the :fuckthatshit: face and walk away. cause she simply ain't worth it

Durrann 09-12-2011 01:14 PM

ya i know its tough but u gotta let go

the more u hang on the more she runs away

have the mentality of onto the next one..and u'll do fine =)

fourthavenuecafe 09-14-2011 03:03 PM

yeah bro.. keep some good memories.. and move on.. just wasnt meant to be.. im surprised you broke it off though (good job).. i thought you would have clung on.. anyhow at least you saved yourself some time and money now..

El Bastardo 09-16-2011 10:47 AM

The following is a reply from the Anonymous member

Its been hell a hard to move on. I constantly still think of her so often its almost retarded. I have dreams of her in like the most realist of situations so often its scaring the hell out of me. But as much as I miss her I have been coping kind of decently. I think I have this constant urge to have a woman at my side. Ill just stop looking for love and if it happens it happens.I think I'm still suffering from this break up probably because I feel it was my fault for putting her as a high priority because I wanted it to work out (also probably because coming out of a 5 year relationship really makes you want to fill that void in) It was probably because like everyone says make yourself too available she'll leave. I really wish I could go back and never asked her out. Still too many questions and no answers left...:okay:

MrGoodbar 09-16-2011 11:10 AM

Spoiler!

Quoted from the Powerful Pictures thread.

She did not deserve you. Learn from my mistake of dwelling on it. Love comes from the most unexpected sources so just do what you do and be happy. I can tell you rightnow that being happy and looking like the opposite of Brad Pitt is by far more attractive than a Brad Pitt look-a-like that is unhappy all the time.

Some questions are better left unanswered

MrGoodbar 09-16-2011 11:23 AM

PS Take up something that you would not normally do. I took up yoga, YOGA of all things! Chicks are always present to take your mind off that shit. I felt better physically and emotionally going to yoga. It brought my fitness level back up significantly. I'm not saying I went to yoga just to pick up girls, but my joints and flexibility was not where it was years ago and my ex never wanted to do anything except stay at home and watch TV anyways. It's $35 for 2 week intro at Yyoga and it won't break the bank. I met some pretty cool girls there and even if you don't get together with them, the support you get from them goes a long way to forget what you lost in the past.

Being stationary won't help you get over anything, get up, get out there and excercise and look awesome for your next girl.

trancehead 09-16-2011 02:33 PM

OP like you said, your biggest mistake was making yourself too available to her. You were no longer a commodity, but in her eyes just somebody she KNOWS she can attain. Make the attainable unattainable in her eyes, and you won't have this problem.

Everyone likes a challenge