REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Economics Classes at Langara

Alright, so semester has finally begun and since I have some spare time on my hands, I figured that I could maybe plan out my spring semester courses. I'm taking Psychology 1115, Anthropology 1400 and English 1127. Also, it's my first year at the college. Planning to transfer into Sauder and Economics is mandatory. Any recommendations on whether to take Micro or Macro first? Also please let me know if there are any chill electives that can serve as GPA boosters. Thanks
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
There is some discussion in this thread: http://www.revscene.net/forums/56045...a-anybody.html
Old 09-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Try and take the class with Scott McLean and you'll get an easy B or A.
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
There is some discussion in this thread: http://www.revscene.net/forums/56045...a-anybody.html
thanks, I'll try to look through the pages to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappin View Post
Try and take the class with Scott McLean and you'll get an easy B or A.
is that the 1120 or 1121 class?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
I STILL don't get it

I personally recommend taking micro first, I found a lot of the concepts I learned in micro were applicable in macro so it helped me getting a better mark in macro and ditto what fappin said, Scott Mclean imo was one of the best profs I ever had when I went to Langara, his lectures are pretty good and his Mid/Final are definitely gpa boosters for most, I think when I took macro with him the avg was was like in the high 70's
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
I personally recommend taking micro first, I found a lot of the concepts I learned in micro were applicable in macro so it helped me getting a better mark in macro and ditto what fappin said, Scott Mclean imo was one of the best profs I ever had when I went to Langara, his lectures are pretty good and his Mid/Final are definitely gpa boosters for most, I think when I took macro with him the avg was was like in the high 70's
I just have a simple question lol what exactly is considered to be a high mark in college? a lot of people seem to be getting high 70s-low 80s in college if you really put a decent amount of time into it. Also I will look into Scott Mclean, sounds like a pretty good prof. Anyone else feel free to drop a comment also
Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #7

besides Scott Mclean, which other econ profs are good? thanks
Old 09-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
I STILL don't get it

well I personally only took 2 econ courses, micro and macro so I only have experience with Mclean and Margaret Evans who I thought was a decent professor, very straight forward, lecture notes straight copy and paste from text book. If you do take a course with Evans I recall she did 2 assignments in class and she wouldn't tell you when she was going to, of course I decide to skip on the day she did one and 5% went down the drain lol. As for marks go, I think 70's-80's is not too hard to maintain at Langara but if you want to transfer into Saunders you are probably going to have to aim even higher than that. Also keep in mind I'm not 100% sure its the same for Saunders but I know for SFU business, they don't take your overall gpa, so gpa boosters are quite useless as they only count your gpa in the core courses.
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 02:15 AM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Donna Park
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^she's a crazy bitch
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Crazy but unlike many profs she can teach.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
well I personally only took 2 econ courses, micro and macro so I only have experience with Mclean and Margaret Evans who I thought was a decent professor, very straight forward, lecture notes straight copy and paste from text book. If you do take a course with Evans I recall she did 2 assignments in class and she wouldn't tell you when she was going to, of course I decide to skip on the day she did one and 5% went down the drain lol. As for marks go, I think 70's-80's is not too hard to maintain at Langara but if you want to transfer into Saunders you are probably going to have to aim even higher than that. Also keep in mind I'm not 100% sure its the same for Saunders but I know for SFU business, they don't take your overall gpa, so gpa boosters are quite useless as they only count your gpa in the core courses.
thanks for telling me about SFU Beedie. Thats my fall back option if Sauder fails but it seems like everyone who I have met so far is set on Sauder or Beedie with a fallback of SFU Crim. Makes me sad thinking bout it since probably the whole school wants business or crim..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGusta View Post
Donna Park
I was gonna look into that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
^she's a crazy bitch
Then, this scared me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGusta View Post
Crazy but unlike many profs she can teach.
In the end, I will look at Donna Park as a possibility