REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #26
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
lol... cant tell if this is srs or not, if the girl got a hoe mentality, than she be a hoe, that simple, race barely play a part in it...

[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #27
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
All my experiences with nammers have been bad. That's all I say, haha.
Posted via RS Mobile
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
stay away
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #29
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
lol... cant tell if this is srs or not, if the girl got a hoe mentality, than she be a hoe, that simple, race barely play a part in it...
i disagree. race does play a role in dating.
ie white guys with asian women, asian men rarely with black girls, etc.
different races have different generalized traits. chinese and brown people are cheap etc etc.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #30
Need to Seek Professional Help

you have already made assumptions about this girl and her friends which will mean it probably wont work out. If you understand what your getting into and how to handle "Vancouver Vietnamese" then you should be fine.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #31
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
is OP real life or just trollin?
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #32
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
you have already made assumptions about this girl and her friends which will mean it probably wont work out. If you understand what your getting into and how to handle "Vancouver Vietnamese" then you should be fine.
This.
I know some Vietnamese girls from Seattle.. COMPLETELY different!

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #33
God of Unce

^ YUP! I was there for a week. Different!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

I don't want to generalize because I, too believe that's stupid.

When I was in Germany, the largest Asian minority were the Vietnamese. I did not meet any Chinese people born there. The few I met were from China. The Viet were the nicest people who worked really hard in kitchen/restaurant jobs to support their kids to school. Their kids are dominating the classrooms. I frequented a Chinese fast food restaurant operated by a kind Viet man and he would often give me a discount and cook me extra. He even invited me to celebrate Christmas with his family knowing I was alone. He would often brag to me about how smart his kids are compared to the average German student and how he would introduce me to Vietnamese women to which I reply "I don't think they will like me as I'm Chinese." His response was something to the effect of, "You're Canadian, that's all that matters." It was funny.

I also have a Vietnamese neighbor who wakes up at 7 every morning to work on his garden/lawn/car. His lawn is beautiful now and completely different from the last owners. In the evening he walks his dog with his wife.

I know the Vietnamese stereotype, at least in Vancouver, as I used to work at Sun Sui Wah serving rich kids who pay in cash but not all Vietnamese in the world are the same.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #35
Need my Daily Fix of RS

some of you guys need to get your panties untied. it's a legit question, i was really curious as to how vietnamese women act. fuckyouforbeing asian and being offended. it wouldn't matter if I said, 'has anyone here dated an italian/french/persian/*insert country here" chick?" regardless, date went great. she's an awesome girl with her priorities straight and good family stock. We touched on the nammer stereotypes, and while she admitted that she's a bit of a hot head at times, the guys she goes for are not the man purse carrying Asian gangster wanna-bes that most vietnamese LG's are infatuated with. We laughed at them together. It was magical. We shared a lot of common interests, such as racial humor, old school hip-hop, traveling, current events, and laughing at peoples' miseries. We also made fun of homeless and the gheys and we had a hilarious date. and I got a kiss gnite out of it. I'll take it slow with this one and treat her as if she's any other type of girl, b/c right now, she's a bomb-ass-chick first, and a vietnamese second. /PC rant
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #36
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_guilt View Post
some of you guys need to get your panties untied. it's a legit question, i was really curious as to how vietnamese women act. fuckyouforbeing asian and being offended. it wouldn't matter if I said, 'has anyone here dated an italian/french/persian/*insert country here" chick?" regardless, date went great. she's an awesome girl with her priorities straight and good family stock. We touched on the nammer stereotypes, and while she admitted that she's a bit of a hot head at times, the guys she goes for are not the man purse carrying Asian gangster wanna-bes that most vietnamese LG's are infatuated with. We laughed at them together. It was magical. We shared a lot of common interests, such as racial humor, old school hip-hop, traveling, current events, and laughing at peoples' miseries. We also made fun of homeless and the gheys and we had a hilarious date. and I got a kiss gnite out of it. I'll take it slow with this one and treat her as if she's any other type of girl, b/c right now, she's a bomb-ass-chick first, and a vietnamese second. /PC rant
wat. I swear you are one cheeky bigot mate.
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #37
Need my Daily Fix of RS

no, I have friends of all races , religions and sexual orientation. and I make fun of everyone of them.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:19 AM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

"walked his dog.. and wife" LOL
"we made fun of the homeless and the gheys?" lololol
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #39
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I'm viet and would never date a viet girl (in the lower mainland). Any other place is ok . Most of them are crazy or have hardcore family members. Don't want to deal with the trouble. I've only met 1 girl in my lifetime that wasn't crazy but her family was hardcore.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #40
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
I don't want to generalize because I, too believe that's stupid.

When I was in Germany, the largest Asian minority were the Vietnamese. I did not meet any Chinese people born there. The few I met were from China. The Viet were the nicest people who worked really hard in kitchen/restaurant jobs to support their kids to school. Their kids are dominating the classrooms. I frequented a Chinese fast food restaurant operated by a kind Viet man and he would often give me a discount and cook me extra. He even invited me to celebrate Christmas with his family knowing I was alone. He would often brag to me about how smart his kids are compared to the average German student and how he would introduce me to Vietnamese women to which I reply "I don't think they will like me as I'm Chinese." His response was something to the effect of, "You're Canadian, that's all that matters." It was funny.

I also have a Vietnamese neighbor who wakes up at 7 every morning to work on his garden/lawn/car. His lawn is beautiful now and completely different from the last owners. In the evening he walks his dog with his wife.

I know the Vietnamese stereotype, at least in Vancouver, as I used to work at Sun Sui Wah serving rich kids who pay in cash but not all Vietnamese in the world are the same.

Dude, that's pretty awesome. Literally, cool story bro.

So... question is.
What's wrong with the ones here? Is it just localized culture?
Just like how the few black people in Vancouver don't go thuggin' it.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #41
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Classic quote :

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #42
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Phouuuuuuoowww
groove9028 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove9028 View Post
fixed
Alpha Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #44
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I recently went out with a really hot Vietnamese girl. She was babbling all throughout the date but I found myself not listening to her and wondering if she would cook Pho for me for life if I married her hahaha.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #45
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
full of win!
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Show up to her place with invisible lats syndrome

"The awkward stance that some males take in order to swell their chest in a ridiculous attempt at make non existing muscle seem present. Generally, the arms are lifted away from the body as if huge lat muscles were pushing them away. The author thinks that looking wide is the same as being wide and believes women will not see the difference."
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #47
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

So.. how'd the date go?
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
I don't get it

is the OP dead already? or just missing ?
lime56 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #49
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
Spoiler!

Last edited by Grim; 11-13-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #50
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

the thread bump made me hungry for a viet sub.
ree666 is offline   Reply With Quote