REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   tell me about dating vietnamese women (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653277-tell-me-about-dating-vietnamese-women.html)

white_guilt 09-10-2011 01:45 PM

tell me about dating vietnamese women

I'm going to go on a date with my first ever vietnamese Monday night. Dinner and drinks- pretty low key. She's pretty white washed so she's got none of the nammer qualities that I hate in vietnamese women (tattoos, fake nails, fake blonde hair, gucci bags, etc). However, I checked out her FB and she's got tons of friends that have the typical "nammer look", i.e 130lbs soaking wet, shaved heads, tattoos, kappa pants, man purses. Are viet girls as crazy as the legends describe them to be? I've dated girls from Japan, HK, and a plethora of white chicks, and based on what my friends tell me, I should stay away from the vietnamese and philipino girls unless I like drama.

Vale46Rossi 09-10-2011 02:07 PM

Don't take her to Pho.

and don't call it Phhhhhoooooooo with the long "O"

illicitstylz 09-10-2011 02:18 PM

let a friend know to call the authorities in case you don't get home that night.

jackmeister 09-10-2011 02:24 PM

don't treat her different just because she's viet

Drow 09-10-2011 02:47 PM

Show up in:

-Hugo boss / kappa / adidas / puma track pants
-tight armani / hugo boss / affliction / christian audigier shirt
-lacoste / puma porsche design shoes
-gucci murse
-shaved sides haircut

And ur set to go!!!111!!

No but srsly... If shes white washed then just be yourself and youre good to go. White washed asian girls' expectations arent too defined.
Posted via RS Mobile

Culture_Vulture 09-10-2011 03:16 PM

Prepare for a chick with a dick.

racerman88 09-10-2011 05:49 PM

Do not get her mad

ree666 09-10-2011 06:08 PM

go to a rave with her parents.

bcrdukes 09-10-2011 06:17 PM

Just because she's *insert race/culture* doesn't mean that person will always fall into that stereotype. That kind of mentality is what brews trouble and instigates ignorance. For all we know, she could be the sweetest girl and become your wife one day! :D

I once dated a Japanese girl. We ended up in her apartment late at night and I had the expectation where she was going to take a dump on my chest. Yeah. Only to learn that she wasn't into that sort of thing. Boy, did that ever go south.

(Pics or seriously fucking ban.) *Sort of just kidding...but not really.* :fullofwin:

Not really racist! 09-10-2011 07:55 PM

If you end up being with her/ marrying her, prepare to take over the family business at some point. (yes being stereotypical)

lime56 09-10-2011 09:03 PM

dont laugh out loud when she speaks viet on her phone during the date.....

dat phucng cu mo dai :haha:

sexyaccord 09-10-2011 09:48 PM

this thread is like a russell peters standup

PJ 09-11-2011 01:12 AM

LOL, what a funny thread.
I'm Chinese/Vietnamese/French and currently dating a Vietnamese girl.. so I'll chime in.

Jokes aside, the chances are that she will be somewhat like the people she hangs out with. Yes, everyone's different - but in reality, your personality is more or less similar to the people you choose to be around; that's why they're able to be your friends in the first place. The fact of the matter is, that's who you associate them with. If she truly wasn't "into that stereotype," she'd be hanging out with different people.

Every single one of my friends who's dated a Vietnamese girl did not end well. As stated above in the form of a joke.. there's some truth to that. Most of them are crazy if you piss them off. Their temper and dramatic emotions are off the charts. They want to know where you are at all times. A friend of mine broke up with his Vietnamese girlfriend.. she started flooding his e-mail, his phone, spreading rumours about him to his friends, her friends, co-workers, etc. Then trouble started arising from her guy friends.. and it just wasn't pretty.

But hey, the main point still stands. Everyone's different.. and there's only one way to find out for yourself what type of person she really is :)

6insomnia9 09-11-2011 03:44 AM

Temper and stubbornness enough said.

Euro7r 09-11-2011 07:55 AM

It's dinner & drinks, what can possibly happen? :troll:

6insomnia9 09-11-2011 11:04 AM

OP is too quick to judge people before he gets to know them.

Tattoos are hot.
Fake nails , nice if they are HAWT.
fake blonde hair? IF THEY HAWT WHO CARES.
gucci bag? girls will be girls with those things.

RacePace 09-11-2011 11:12 AM

Came into thread expecting lulz..........was not disappointed

xmisstrinh 09-11-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 7574494)
Temper and stubbornness enough said.

that

Mr.HappySilp 09-11-2011 12:34 PM

Pretend you are balling and she will be all over you.

Seriously just see how first date goes. Just be yourself.

urrh 09-11-2011 12:45 PM

or don't give her any of your real contact info and do all the things listed up top.
if she doesn't go batshit crazy, you're in the clear.

LSF22 09-11-2011 01:07 PM

Show up in wifebeater

If she likes = you're safe
If not = run

unit 09-11-2011 01:27 PM

my girl is Viet and nothing like the stereotypes........ until you meet the family and relatives. she has tons of cousins, aunts and uncles who fit the stereotype for sure.

hillmar 09-11-2011 07:16 PM

My experience..... Don't break up with her ever!!! Or else it gets real ugly and physco! From smashing your car windows, leaving long silent messages on voicemail, .... Leaving random "I love you" dolls on your door step to name a few! Just don't know how crazy they are till you try to leave her!
Posted via RS Mobile

insomniac 09-11-2011 07:41 PM

they have temper and huge ego's. most viet people have those genetics anyways. i find it funny how the littlest things can make them snap

!e.lo_ 09-11-2011 08:49 PM

I'll say, I plan to not date a viet girl again...