REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   So why do you log on to RS? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653291-so-why-do-you-log-rs.html)

MG1 09-10-2011 06:04 PM

So why do you log on to RS?

I was going to make this a thread with a poll, but decided it would be better to hear the myriad of reasons people have. Now this depends, really, if one is a lurker or a person who actually participates. Anyway...

I can rattle off some reasons people may have.........

You log on to RS to watch/fap/participate in the NSFW forums.
You log on to RS because it is better than studying.
You log on to RS to chat with other hipsters.
You log on to RS in hopes of becoming a hipster like BCRDukes.
You log on to RS because you are lonely and have no real friends.
You log on to RS because you have an incredibly high IQ and don't want to waste all that ability.
You log on to RS to stroke your own ego by putting down others and calling them stupid and ignorant.
You log on to RS because you meet a lot of really nice, genuine, down to earth people.
You log on to RS because you really know something about cars.
You log on to RS because it's the Asian thing to do.
You log on to RS so you can fail people for no reason and mess with them, LOLOLOLOL.
You log on to RS because................ you get the idea.

So, I'll be the first to start this thread off.

First of all, I am semi-retired. Lots of time on my hands. Major reason is so I can find out what makes kids/younger people these days tick (perhaps then, I can figure out my own kids, LOL). I want to see if the newer generation(s) are as messed as mine was. I've spent most of my life working multiple jobs to support my family - send kids through college/university, etc. I've had my fill of being responsible, prim and proper, minding my P's and Q's, etc. Now I just want to goof around and have some fun.

I also like to think I am somehow contributing to these forums. Helping out others wherever and whenever I can.

I also, being a cheap Asian, like the freebie threads, McD's threads, etc. Oh and news. I get most of my news here at RS, LOL. Much faster and easier.

I have other reasons, too, but would like to hear from others what their true reasons are.

CharlieH 09-10-2011 06:23 PM

for my news and for

http://www.revscene.net/forums/52624...laugh-nws.html

Berzerker 09-10-2011 06:44 PM

I log on to check the Sports Fitness section first and foremost. They guys there are really good at motivation and keeping each other in the groove. Also I moderate that section so I have to oversee the posting.

Then I usually head over to the Fucked Up Shit Thread..... just to dish out the fails on reposts mostly.

My usual routine is just hitting New Posts and seeing what's on the agenda.

RS is my primary News Source.

What keeps me coming back though is that "most" of the members here aim to participate and post in a positive way. There are some that are not worth having around but you take the good with the bad. The wide variety of subjects and topics is what makes RS :fullofwin:

Berz out.

AutozamAZ-3 09-10-2011 06:47 PM

:alone:

CRS 09-10-2011 06:56 PM

I log onto RS because it's my addiction. Without it, I go through a sort of RS withdraw.

drunkrussian 09-10-2011 07:02 PM

lol no homo here but u must be one of the coolest fucking dads ever lol

i log on to rs to
a) get obscure news stories about random shit
b) see my peers' reactions to local issues
c) sometimes hear about tips and advice and deals
d) learn about political and socio-economic issues from taylor92 lol
Posted via RS Mobile

jbsali 09-10-2011 07:27 PM

"TWANGER, HONGER, ASIAN THREAd (NWS)!!!" thread

"Fucked up shit what makes you laugh NWS" thread

TOS'd 09-10-2011 07:27 PM

I log on to RS so I can keep tabs on my father.

twitchyzero 09-10-2011 07:36 PM

originally signed up to see more about local cars...but then the automotive section gets slower and slower each year
so now it seems to be more focused on collective bitching with topics on mainlanders or how expensive this city is

Nightwalker 09-10-2011 07:38 PM

Catch up on car news
See what mainlanders are talking about
Threads on politics/economy/real estate (I must be getting old lol)

MG1 09-10-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 (Post 7574091)
:alone:

Lonely people need love too..........

no homo

MG1 09-10-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7574089)
The wide variety of subjects and topics is what makes RS :fullofwin:

Berz out.

Amen to that.

Not really racist! 09-10-2011 07:53 PM

RS is my life.

MG1 09-10-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7574112)
I log on to RS so I can keep tabs on my father.

I don't know which one of my sons you are, but you are really scaring me right now. :inoutugh:

Gunsmokez 09-10-2011 08:30 PM

Usually log on to see how over priced items are in the Computer/Electronics section and low ball them to piss them off more.

MindBomber 09-10-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7574089)
What keeps me coming back though is that "most" of the members here aim to participate and post in a positive way. There are some that are not worth having around but you take the good with the bad. The wide variety of subjects and topics is what makes RS :fullofwin:

Berz out.

I log into RS for exactly those reasons, well put Berz.

RSers have a spectacular ability to make it's great members feel like there surrounded by friends, while driving the undesirables to have lapses in sanity and permanently depart like bnr32 and b.chow.

The other thing that makes RS great is that this isn't a forum centred around single topic, it covers every imaginable topic and the broad range of members covers them all well. Whether it be cars, fashion, current events or body building there's always something to discuss with people who share common interests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkrussian (Post 7574099)
lol no homo here but u must be one of the coolest fucking dads ever lol

You have a very cool truck too :fullofwin:

Gh0stRider 09-10-2011 09:14 PM

To :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

taylor192 09-10-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkrussian (Post 7574099)
i log on to rs to
a) get obscure news stories about random shit
b) see my peers' reactions to local issues
c) sometimes hear about tips and advice and deals
d) learn about political and socio-economic issues from taylor92 lol
Posted via RS Mobile

LOL My list would be exactly the same, with the obvious exception. Its interesting to gets a variety of local opinions on different topics.

ImportPsycho 09-10-2011 09:51 PM

this where I read the news

adambomb 09-10-2011 09:58 PM

If its not on Revscene. It didn't happen. :h5:

SB7 09-10-2011 10:01 PM

I go on Revscene on my iPhone to look at nsfw threads, off topic and news, and looking at car and car news
Posted via RS Mobile

XplicitLuder 09-10-2011 10:01 PM

because i like to chat with other ppl/fuck around/ know when the next meets are :) Also the fitness section is great because im learning new things everyday

Fcukedd 09-10-2011 10:25 PM

RS is basically my primary source for everything. I click on the off-topic/current events to read up on some news. If I have any questions on a new cellphone, I'll head over to the mobile phone chat section. If I'm planning to see a movie, I can look at the entertainment section and see what people said about it. RS is kind of like a Google to me lol

dachinesedude 09-10-2011 10:36 PM

RS please dont ever shut down, thats all i gotta say

kristianhay 09-10-2011 10:49 PM

I log into RS for my daily news updates as a lot of us do (kind of sad actually, heh) as well as to hit up the classifieds in an almost obsessive compulsive manner.

Also frequent the Official Canucks Thread to chat with other car dudes about puck!