REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #2676
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Heard the firetrucks zoom by during the time. It's Thai Son, tofu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Peeps in the trades industry, where can I get decently prized steel toe shoes? Gonna need them for school (Automotive)
Posted via RS Mobile
Try Red Wing Shoes in Langley. I saw one at willowbrook while I was waiting for my car at Dale's. There's one by metrotown as well.

http://www.langley.redwingshoestore.com/
Advertisement
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #2677
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
NEW YORK, N.Y. - A man was mauled by a 400-pound tiger at the Bronx Zoo on Friday after he leaped from a moving monorail train and plummeted over a protective fence.

The man was alone with the tiger for about 10 minutes before he was rescued by zoo officials, who used a fire extinguisher to chase it away. He suffered bites and punctures on his arms, legs, shoulders and back and broke an arm and a leg.

Zoo director Jim Breheny said the man was lucky to escape the tiger's clutches.

"If not for the quick response by our staff and their ability to perform well in emergency situations, the outcome would have been very different," Breheny said.

The tiger mauling happened at around 3 p.m. in the Wild Asia exhibit, where a train with open sides takes visitors over the Bronx River and through a forest, where they glide along the top edge of a fence past elephants, deer and a tiger enclosure.

Passengers aren't strapped in on the ride, and the man apparently jumped out of his train car with a leap powerful enough to clear the 16-foot-high perimeter fence.

The man was mauled by an 11-year-old male Siberian tiger named Bashuta, which has been at the zoo for three years. After zoo staff chased the tiger off, the man was instructed to roll under an electrified wire to get to safety, Breheny said. Zookeepers then called the tiger into a holding area, he said.

The 25-year-old man was conscious and talking after the mauling, Breheny said. A hospital spokeswoman said he was in stable condition on Friday night, but his family has requested that no further information be released.

Officials believe he was visiting the zoo by himself.

"When someone is determined to do something harmful to themselves," Breheny said, "it's very hard to stop that."

The Bronx Zoo, one of the nation's largest zoos, sprawls over 265 acres and contains hundreds of animals, many in habitats meant to resemble natural settings. Its exhibits include Tiger Mountain, Congo Gorilla Forest and World of Reptiles.

The tiger that mauled the man was returned to a holding area where it usually sleeps at night and will not be euthanized, zoo officials said.

"The tiger did nothing wrong in this episode," Breheny said.

There are 10 tigers at the Wild Asia exhibit, but Bashuta was the only one on display at the time. There are no surveillance cameras in that area of the exhibit.

Zoo officials said they would review safety procedures but believe this was a highly unusual occurrence.

"We review everything, but we honestly think we provide a safe experience," Breheny said. "And this is just an extraordinary occurrence ... somebody was deliberately trying to endanger themselves."

___

Associated Press writers Tom Hays and David B. Caruso contributed to this report.

Man jumps off Bronx Zoo monorail into Wild Asia exhibit, gets mauled by 400-pound tiger
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #2678
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
scrolled thru youtube..
so Beland.. did you really write this?
haha

Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #2679
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
^NCIX really needs to invest in a tripod...
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #2680
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
what a deal

buy a 2500$ diamond in the states, get a free hunting rifle lol

Buy a diamond worth $2,499 or more and get a hunting rifle free: US jeweler offer
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #2681
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Old 09-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #2682

Two news stories

girl skips town to France with her Math teacher

Quote:

A schoolgirl who sparked a cross-Channel police hunt is believed to have travelled to France with her married 30-year-old maths teacher, it emerged today.

Fifteen-year-old Megan Stammers was caught on camera with Jeremy Forrest as they drove onto a Calais-bound ferry at Dover on Friday evening.

Forrest is a teacher at her school, Bishop Bell Church of England School, in Eastbourne, East Sussex, although it is not clear whether she was in his class.

The schoolgirl was also understood to have decided to elope across the Channel with Forrest after setting off to school.

Friends went on Twitter to say she had been abducted and taken to France but police said they did not have any fears for Megan's safety.

A team of officers, headed by a Chief Superintendent, was today following up a number of enquiries into Megan's disappearance but a spokesman admitted that there had been no new sightings of the pair.

^^^ the teacher and his wife

Read more: Megan Stammers: Father's desperate plea to schoolgirl, 15, who has fled to France with a man | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

nutters

Aunt admits to killing nephew goes to trial and found innocent because she's too fat to have been able to commit the murder (even though she claims she suffocated him)

Quote:
Spoiler!

a woman who testified falsely to murder but was found innocent on the grounds that her burgeoning obesity could never have allowed her to commit the crime.

TLC's Half-Ton Killer? tells of how, in March 2008, Texan Mayra Rosales, 31, told police officers that she had killed her two-year-old nephew, Eliseo Jr, by accidentally rolling on top of him while babysitting.

Such was her 1,100lb frame, Mayra imagined her story to be believable, but after doctors revealed that the boy could only have died from a blow to the head, the reality that she was so big she couldn't move her arm, became her attorney's main argument for her defence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz27JvYB4WE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by StylinRed; 09-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #2683
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Friend showed me this on fb

"You're changing your Iphone4 just for a few centimeters? Hope you girlfriend doesn't so the same."
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #2684
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
original think and grow rich version is on this site

enjoy

Napoleon Hill Videos | Think And Act Rich | Think And Grow Rich eBook
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #2685
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,171 Posts
Kids just destroyed my fence.

Damn drunkass kids... they get younger every year.
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #2686
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
apparently these guys tortured a cat and picture is going around facebook..

someone said they're from surrey/delta so if you know them phone dat der 9-1-1

Spoiler!
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #2687
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Getting a suit for HS Grad.

3 Options -

Banana Republic = ~$200 for Jacket + Dress pants
Calvin Klein = ~$350 for Jacket + Dress pants
Le Chateau = ~$300 for Jacket + Dress pants

Im thinking of going with the BR one as its only HS grad and nobody really gives a shit. Quality was better than Le Chateau too.

Opinions?
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #2688
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,796 Times in 981 Posts
if it's just HS grad, just go to moores?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #2689
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post

3 Options -

Im thinking of going with the BR one as its only HS grad and nobody really gives a shit. Quality was better than Le Chateau too.

Opinions?
I'd go for Le Chateau as the mid-priced suit - it will likely last you a while. They have nice slim fitting suits as well, don't be one of those guys who goes looking like he's wearing his dads suit.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #2690
2 Wheelin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post

3 Options -

Opinions?
I would try them all on and see which 1 u like the best the suit will come into use later on in life too not like ur going to wear it once and throw it away
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #2691
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
if it's just HS grad, just go to moores?
Will do that tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
I'd go for Le Chateau as the mid-priced suit - it will likely last you a while. They have nice slim fitting suits as well, don't be one of those guys who goes looking like he's wearing his dads suit.
Haha definately, im not too sure about Le Chateau though, imo BR has better quality and feels nicer, it would actually be in the $350 range if they didnt have sales going on. Knowing that BR is from the same chain as Old Navy/Gap is whats stopping me from buying this right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
I would try them all on and see which 1 u like the best the suit will come into use later on in life too not like ur going to wear it once and throw it away
I did try them all on, CK fitted probably the best, BR a close 2nd, and Le Chateau was similar aswell.

Originally i wanted Hugo Boss but then i saw the 500-600$ price tags
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #2692
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
moores usually has buy one get one free or buy one get one 50% off everything

it just ended last week but should be back on soon
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #2693
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
Moores is a fucking joke, my buddy went there just to try the buy one get one 50% and it was nothing but headaches and in the end the customer service was fucking horrible and you dont really get one for 50% off
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #2694
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
which location? the downtown one on granville is the biggest and found the service there to be the best. in contrast i went to the one across metro and even though it's nearby i would not shop there.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #2695
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Moores is a fucking joke, my buddy went there just to try the buy one get one 50% and it was nothing but headaches and in the end the customer service was fucking horrible and you dont really get one for 50% off
Posted via RS Mobile
Had a friend go to Moores for a pair of pants during their "buy one get one free sale". Pants were $60, he bought 2 since BOGO, they then charged him $15 per pair to hem the bottoms, WTF? So his 2 pairs of pants, where one was "free" cost him just over $100. They always find a way to get their money. I don't ever remember getting charged for something as simple as hemming anywhere, so long as the pants were purchased there.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #2696
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
anyone know of a good company that can re pave my driveway. Currently its asphalt and has a ton of dips in it so when it rains there are huge puddles.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #2697
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,315 Times in 5,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
which location? the downtown one on granville is the biggest and found the service there to be the best. in contrast i went to the one across metro and even though it's nearby i would not shop there.
He went to Langley and dealt with a guy named Rider or Somthing, guy was such a fucking idiot took him 1.5 months to get the second suit and when my friend complained and said he wanted a refund on the second suit the guy told him to bring in an old pair of pants and shirt to get $100 off this 2 month delayed suit
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #2698
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Experts say the world could be on the verge of a significant bacon shortage because of rising feed costs and declining pig populations.

Britain's National Pig Association said Tuesday that an international shortage of bacon and other pork products is now "unavoidable," and expects higher prices for consumers soon.
Global bacon shortage 'unavoidable' - Business - CBC News

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #2699

lol well for those of u that eat pig bacon you could start enjoying some of the other forms like beef, duck, turkey, etc bacon

that's duck bacon btw here if you wanna try http://www.dartagnan.com/51219/56558...uck-Bacon.html
Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #2700
I don't get it

I have a question:

Why is there no 'Forum Jump' tab if you're not logged in? Adding that would be great.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote