REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #6226
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Advertisement
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 AM   #6227
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Oh gawd, lol don't know what Patriot fans are going to think about Tammi Brady's new look...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #6228
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Darth Vader detained as the Force triumphs in BC | News1130

Quote:
Police in Vancouver didn’t have to travel to an intergalactic outpost to find Darth Vader when they arrested the Star Wars villain near the neighbourhood of Shaughnessy.

Sgt. Randy Fincham says police quickly determined they weren’t dealing with Luke Skywalker’s heavy-breathing but powerful dad when they responded early Tuesday to a robbery involving a suspect wearing a Darth Vader mask.

He says the 23-year-old victim reported she was unhurt but that her attacker was a woman who’d pointed a gun at her and escaped with a small amount of cash.

In the absence of Tie fighter patrols, a 911 call helped lead police to a suspect, who was not far away and still wearing the mask.

A search revealed the 20-year-old didn’t have a light sabre but was armed with a replica firearm, and Fincham says police will be seeking charges related to robbery and weapons offences.

Fincham says unfortunately for this robber, she underestimated the power of the force.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #6229
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Anyone know the personal exemptions for a China Passport holder if they go down to the states (and link)? Is it the same as a Canadian resident, where the only difference is the China Passport holder needs a visa?

Trying to look on cbsa site but can't find it.

Canadian exemptions: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-vo...b-rmf-eng.html
Non-Resident Info: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/noncan-eng.html

And if the goods are going to China and not staying in Canada, are there any tax exemptions in that?

Last edited by TOS'd; 05-07-2014 at 10:36 PM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #6230

Wow, pedestrian intentionally ran in front of a semi yesterday on hwy 1. Feel bad for the driver.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #6231
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
No special or extra tax exemptions for visitors. Unless you are transiting via airport lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Anyone know the personal exemptions for a China Passport holder if they go down to the states (and link)? Is it the same as a Canadian resident, where the only difference is the China Passport holder needs a visa?

Trying to look on cbsa site but can't find it.

Canadian exemptions: Travellers - Bring Goods Across the Border
Non-Resident Info: Non-Canadians

And if the goods are going to China and not staying in Canada, are there any tax exemptions in that?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #6232
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
How much are you worth to Facebook and Google

PrivacyFix - Lock down your privacy

Its an extension that gets installed to your browser. It lets you know how much you are worth to Facebook and Google.

On top of that, it scans for your privacy settings and tells you how to lock down your privacy.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #6233
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
No special or extra tax exemptions for visitors. Unless you are transiting via airport lounge.
So they have the same personal exemptions as Canadians and they do not get any special exemptions if they are claiming things are going back to China.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:07 AM   #6234

Old 05-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #6235
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,175 Times in 2,407 Posts

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #6236

WTF...

Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #6237
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
PrivacyFix - Lock down your privacy

Its an extension that gets installed to your browser. It lets you know how much you are worth to Facebook and Google.

On top of that, it scans for your privacy settings and tells you how to lock down your privacy.
thanks for the virus op. posting from my toaster oven.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #6238
RS controls my life!

Heavy police presence at 41st and Rupert. Anyone know what's up? Aunt lives 3 houses down but won't pick up their phone.
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #6239
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCANBC
@ScanBC
#Vancouver Police are on scene investigating a homicide after they found a female deceased inside of a house at E 41st Ave & Rupert St
this would be why

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #6240
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
So they have the same personal exemptions as Canadians and they do not get any special exemptions if they are claiming things are going back to China.
Are they just in Canada visiting? If so, I'd arrange the shopping trip down to US about a week or two before they go back. When traveling back to Canada, just tell the custom that they are heading back to China (bring a copy of ticket as proof) and all the purchases will be leaving Canada.

Usually, custom dude would just wave them through as technically, if they have paid GST/HST for importing merchandise that would be permanently exported after entering Canada, they would be able to claim those back. I have done many times with my in-laws. And only once were we sent inside. But when we got inside, they guy saw my in-laws' stuff and ticket, they just told us not to worry about it and sent us away.

If they are residents (including study/work permit), it's the same as any of us.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #6241
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Hey guys, need some advice.
I was driving home tonight and as I was going up the same hill I always go up, my headlights cut out to my DRL for half a second and turned on again.
At the same time, my TCS/DSC light came on for half a second and then turned off.

I was almost home but I drove around for about 5 minutes to see if it would happen again but it didn't.
Is this something I should be worried about?
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #6242
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post

im scared, someone hold me
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #6243
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

sirens were going off again around 1030pm ish heading towards 29th station. suspect?
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #6244
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I know it's possible to convert the exterior of the older Mercedes E500's (W211) to an E55/E63 AMG but is it possible to do the same for a 2010 CLS550 to a CLS63? Just curious..
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #6245
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
this would be why
UPDATE: Ex-husband murders young mother, commits suicide in Vancouver | Globalnews.ca updated. Body was found hanging from a tree in a fairly remote park

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #6246
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
why the fuck would they post pics of the kids?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #6247
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Looking at getting a new bed, I've had my current one for about 15 years now. Anyone know where to get a decent queen size for not a fortune? Also what is the best kind of mattress to get, I move around a lot in my sleep and it disturbs the other half.

Any suggestions/advice?
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 AM   #6248
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
THIS IS HILARIOUS

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #6249
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Costco Shopping Advice Winners and Losers - Consumer Reports News

Costco winners
Bacon. Mmm, bacon—to quote the great ham-loving Homer Simpson. We think he'd go along with our testers, who gave Kirkland Signature Regular Sliced Bacon, $14 for a 64-ounce package, top marks in our latest bacon test. The strips crisped up nicely, with a balance of fat and meat flavors, complemented by wood smoke and a hint of sweetness.

Car battery. Suitable for large cars, trucks, and sport-utility vehicles from Ford or Mercury, the Kirkland Signature 12866, $85, aced all of our tests, nearly beating out the category's top-rated pick from Interstate, which sells for $280. If you drive another type of vehicle, see our full battery Ratings, since there are other Kirkland batteries that performed very well in our tests, though they missed our recommended list.

Coffeemaker. Costco's well-priced Mr. Coffee BVMC-EHX33CP, $30, is one of the highest scoring models in our Ratings of drip coffeemakers. Its brew performance was outstanding, and we also found it convenient and easy to handle. Programmable settings let you set when the machine starts to brew, helpful if you like waking up to the aroma of coffee.

Ice cream. Beating out brands such as Breyers and Baskin-Robbins, the Kirkland Signature Super Premium Vanilla was described by our ice cream tasters as full and dense with big dairy flavor and complex vanilla-extract flavor, though some commented that it could be slightly gummy at times. It works out to about 30 cents per serving, compared with a dollar per serving for the top-rated Ben & Jerry's.

Laundry detergent. Our winner's list of detergents that can be used in all types of washing machines includes the Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean, a CR Best Buy that works out to just 9 cents per load. The powder detergent was tough on grass, blood, and ring-around-the-collar. If you prefer the convenience of a laundry pod, consider the Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean Pacs, 14 cents per load.

Urban Islands 4-Burner by Bull
Costco losers
Gas grill. At $1,600, the Costco exclusive Urban Islands 4-Burner by Bull is actually more expensive than most midsize grills in our gas grill Ratings. And it's nowhere near as proficient as our top-rated models. It's particularly bad at maintaining even heat at high temperatures, a must for perfectly seared steaks. A better bet from Costco is the KitchenAid 720-0733A for $750, which misses our recommended list but was very good overall.

Gel dishwasher detergent. With an overall score of 34, the Kirkland Signature Gel is one of our lowest-rated detergents. It struggled with dishes, pots and pans, and resistance to water spots. But all is not lost in the Costco detergent aisle. While it fell short of our picks list, the Kirkland Signature Dishwasher Pacs was very good or better in each of our tests.

Facial tissue. With an overall score of 60, Kirkland Signature facial tissue, $1.23, is middle of the pack in our facial tissue Ratings. So-so strength is its big shortcoming, though the tissue is pretty soft. A better bargain buy is the Puffs Basic, $1.23, which combines superb softness with very good strength.

Mattress. The best mattresses in our Ratings offer very good, if not excellent, support for back or side sleepers. Costco's $1,100 Ara 13" 100% Visco Memory Foam is just so-so for side sleepers and even worse for people who sleep on their back. It's also mediocre at providing stabilization.

Toilet paper. Though it's quite soft, Kirkland Signature toilet paper offers only so-so strength and tearing ease, making it an also ran in our toilet paper Ratings. Though it costs twice as much, White Cloud 3-Ply Ultra, a Walmart exclusive, combines superb strength and softness, making it our top-rated toilet paper by a wide margin.

Shop at Walmart? Check out what to get and what to forget.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #6250
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Recall That Ice Cream Truck Song? We Have Unpleasant News For You : Code Switch : NPR

Kind of interesting!

Sparknotes: The ice cream truck jingle is actually the tune of a racist song.
slingblade is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: