REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #3326
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakucaekz View Post
Yesterday was super lolz, to me, anyways. First off, I locked my keys in my car, so I had to call my mommy to come give me the spare key. Had to drive from Langara, back home, and then to No. 5 road in Richmond to get to me Then, my 4 year old faded and tattered jeans ripped in the side seam, on the thigh. It slowly got bigger, until it was nearly 8 inches long I had to tie my hoodie around my waist to hide the gaping hole, and my hula girl boxers It didn't help that I was 'drifting' on an Ikea cart and nearly crashed, ripped it there too when I stuck my legs out to stop myself. Yeah, I'm totally mature
I love drifting shopping carts, especially when its nose heavy loaded with groceries makes the back wheels come out so easily.

Do this all the time at superstore and T&T
Advertisement
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #3327
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
We eagerly await for your next post where you will now tell us about a "bitchin" pair of jean shorts you just made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
I love drifting shopping carts, especially when its nose heavy loaded with groceries makes the back wheels come out so easily.

Do this all the time at superstore and T&T
Funniest part was, I had a 140 lb guy pushing 6'1 210 lb me LOL. Even the guy we talked to at Returns told us everyone rides on the carts lol.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #3328
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Don't forget to hit every apex of the aisles when do a hair pin turn to get to the next aisle.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #3329

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
We were just there to return something But when I crashed, a guy in a truck waiting to get in saw it all happen.. talk about embarassing
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #3330
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts

loooollll
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #3331
I don't get it

Haha daaaamn that some funny shit
Posted via RS Mobile
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #3332

LOL, that's some funny @ss sh!t.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #3333
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
lol

"oh snap!" "am I trippin, son?" "instagram dat joint"
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #3334
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Key & Peele episodes haha

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #3335
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I may have got a job in oil
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #3336
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Warm story from LEGO corporation

Coles: 7-year old kid spends his Christmas money on Lego, loses piece while shopping, writes to Lego, gets awesome response!

Boy writes letter to LEGO after losing minifigure, gets awesome response | Games Blog - Yahoo! News Canada

Quote:
Seven-year-old Luka Apps spent his Christmas money on the LEGO Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider set. A sound investment, if you ask us. But the thing about LEGOs -- those small pieces are easy to lose. They don't call 'em minifigures for nothing.

Against his father's recommendation, young Luka took his newly procured Jay ZX shopping. And then, wouldn't you know it, the figure went missing, never to be seen again.

Luka, not one to admit defeat, decided to write a letter to the good people at LEGO seeking a replacement.

ITV News has Luka's letter:

Hello.

My name is Luka Apps and I am seven years old.

With all my money I got for Christmas I bought the Ninjago kit of the Ultrasonic Raider. The number is 9449. It is really good.

My Daddy just took me to Sainsburys and told me to leave the people at home but I took them and I lost Jay ZX at the shop as it fell out of my coat.

I am really upset I have lost him. Daddy said to send you a email to see if you will send me another one.

I promise I won't take him to the shop again if you can.

– Luka

A short time later, Luka received a reply from Richard, a LEGO customer service representative. Richard wrote that he had spoken to Sensei Wu, a master from the Ninjago line.

Luka, I told Sensei Wu that losing your Jay minifigure was purely an accident and that you would never ever ever let it happen ever again.

He told me to tell you, "Luka, your father seems like a very wise man. You must always protect your Ninjago minifigures like the dragons protect the Weapons of Spinjitzu!"

Sensei Wu also told me it was okay if I sent you a new Jay and told me it would be okay if I included something extra for you because anyone that saves their Christmas money to buy the Ultrasonic Raider must be a really big Ninjago fan.

So, I hope you enjoy your Jay minifigure with all his weapons. You will actually have the only Jay minifigure that combines 3 different Jays into one! I am also going to send you a bad guy for him to fight!

Just remember, what Sensei Wu said: keep your minifigures protected like the Weapons of Spinjitzu! And of course, always listen to your dad.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how companies score lifelong customers.
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #3337
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Is rogers down right now? I can't get thru using their 1-877 number or *611
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #3338

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Waldorf closing down after being sold to the Solterra Group of Companies, a condominium developer.

That area should be interesting in the next 5 years with all the developments (Brave Bulls Steak House lot, Canadian Tire lot, Morrey Mazda lot)

IRONY: Waldorf Hotel Set To Close January 20th After Being Sold To Condo Developers : Scout Magazine

Waldorf Hotel closing down for good | News1130
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #3339
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
that area could do with some re-developing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #3340
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Looking for a video I saw on YouTube last year. It was around 15 minutes long and used a bunch of clips from movies. The timing of the visuals paired with music made it a bit of a sensory overload but it was amazing.
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #3341
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Steve Nash Wipes His Armpits With A Towel, Metta World Peace Uses Same Towel To Wipe His Face

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #3342
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Taft High School in Kern County shooting leaves 2 hurt, suspect in custody | abc7.com

another...

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #3343
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Waldorf closing down after being sold to the Solterra Group of Companies, a condominium developer.

That area should be interesting in the next 5 years with all the developments (Brave Bulls Steak House lot, Canadian Tire lot, Morrey Mazda lot)

IRONY: Waldorf Hotel Set To Close January 20th After Being Sold To Condo Developers : Scout Magazine

Waldorf Hotel closing down for good | News1130
It's not a place where I'd ever go, as its not my scene at all, but I agree with the masses that something needs to stop bulldozing site after site.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #3344
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Fricken rodents......... chewed the wires on my truck's engine. CEL goes on, I hook up the OBD reader and code indicates fault in knock sensor circuit. There's nuts and crap on the battery and sure enough, the wire to the knock sensor has been chewed to pieces. Mechanic buddy and I replace the wire, which wasn't easy to do. Anyway, I don't want the rodents to camp out/party in the engine bay. What can I do besides getting a cat?

I tried peppermint, motion activated lights, flashing LED under the hood, etc. I heard fake snakes work, LOL. I should get a real snake. Anyone have a solution that works?

I was lucky that the damage was limited to the one wire harness, but it could have been a lot worse. The truck, btw, is parked in the rear of the property under a canopy. My little commuter car is parked inside the garage, so I don't have to worry about it being infested with fricken furry bitches.

Maybe I should try some ancient Chinese medicine.......... that Tiger Balm is some nasty shit. Hee hee
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #3345
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Rat poison, rat traps.

In my experience the rats don't always go for the poison, so you can bait them by putting a bit of peanut butter on top of it. I don't know what it is, but peanut butter attracts rats and meece like no fucking tomorrow. Works awesome as bait in traps too.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #3346

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Fricken rodents......... chewed the wires on my truck's engine. CEL goes on, I hook up the OBD reader and code indicates fault in knock sensor circuit. There's nuts and crap on the battery and sure enough, the wire to the knock sensor has been chewed to pieces. Mechanic buddy and I replace the wire, which wasn't easy to do. Anyway, I don't want the rodents to camp out/party in the engine bay. What can I do besides getting a cat?

I tried peppermint, motion activated lights, flashing LED under the hood, etc. I heard fake snakes work, LOL. I should get a real snake. Anyone have a solution that works?

I was lucky that the damage was limited to the one wire harness, but it could have been a lot worse. The truck, btw, is parked in the rear of the property under a canopy. My little commuter car is parked inside the garage, so I don't have to worry about it being infested with fricken furry bitches.

Maybe I should try some ancient Chinese medicine.......... that Tiger Balm is some nasty shit. Hee hee
Find a spot in the engine bay where you can stick a bunch of moth balls, they help. Worked in my dad's truck.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #3347

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post

Happened to me last December. Was so choked as the wire cost was like $4 and labour was like $350+ since it required taking the engine out apparently.

ICBC covered it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #3348
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
I also recently had the same problem on my 2005 Honda Pilot. Replacing the wire was pretty costly too (mostly labour), around $500! Damn rodents...

I used to park in my garage, but I sold my property and I'm living with my parents while a new property is under construction. So now I park outside and have to deal with such issues and having to defrost on cold mornings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Happened to me last December. Was so choked as the wire cost was like $4 and labour was like $350+ since it required taking the engine out apparently.

ICBC covered it
Posted via RS Mobile
What?! How did you get ICBC to cover it?!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #3349
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

My old boss was wondering but I had no idea. Anybody know where I might be able to get good video coverage of the 2013 Dakar rally?
artmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I also recently had the same problem on my 2005 Honda Pilot. Replacing the wire was pretty costly too (mostly labour), around $500! Damn rodents...

I used to park in my garage, but I sold my property and I'm living with my parents while a new property is under construction. So now I park outside and have to deal with such issues and having to defrost on cold mornings!

What?! How did you get ICBC to cover it?!
The service advisor told me they would, brought in the invoice and broken party to ICBC inspection on kingsway and the guy there said it happens often.

I think it occurs more often on freezing nights like this when you park your car at night (car is much warmer than the surroundings this attracts the f**kers)
Posted via RS Mobile