REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #4826
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
an old article talking about how old japan can be...neat
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #4827
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Yesterday, I took a wrong turn on Lougheed and ended up in Riverview. Got curious, so I drove around the property. Damn, the place is totally creepy and big. Abandoned buildings and houses look like something straight out of a horror movie. I was totally scared when I got up to the large brick building with broken, boarded up windows. I was expecting the girl from Ring to creep up the passenger window. I shit you not, it was scary. I think we should have a Revscene mini meet there just before dusk on a rainy day.

Funny thing was up higher, there was a daycare centre of some kind. WTF? I wouldn't send my kids there. Must be there for the workers' kids.......... or maybe it's for mentally ill kids......... ugh........ shivers running up my spine just thinking about it. I cranked up my stereo in case I started hearing screams.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 09-08-2013 at 05:54 AM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #4828
RS controls my life!

You pansy.
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #4829
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
They film a lot of thrillers there.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #4830
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Yesterday, I took a wrong turn on Lougheed and ended up in Riverview. Got curious, so I drove around the property. Damn, the place is totally creepy and big. Abandoned buildings and houses look like something straight out of a horror movie. I was totally scared when I got up to the large brick building with broken, boarded up windows. I was expecting the girl from Ring to creep up the passenger window. I shit you not, it was scary. I think we should have a Revscene mini meet there just before dusk on a rainy day.

Funny thing was up higher, there was a daycare centre of some kind. WTF? I wouldn't send my kids there. Must be there for the workers's kids.......... or maybe it's for mentally ill kids......... ugh........ shivers running up my spine just thinking about it. I cranked up my stereo in case I started hearing screams.

in for revscene meet
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #4831
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
My wife was saying it would be cool to do scary evening events around Halloween at Riverside. The atmosphere alone would be enough to scare the shit of people, but a guided tour telling history then a bunch of crazies come out and chase you around.. probably make good $ if they'd allow it!

Quote:
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #4832
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy the t-shirt that Flloyd Jr. is wearing in this video?? I've searched online but can't seem to find it.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #4833
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrinh View Post
You pansy.
yup, when it comes to supernatural, paranormal, and psycho stuff, I'm pretty much a pansy. Blood, gore, human remains, shit like that, no problem.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #4834

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Anyone know where I can buy the t-shirt that Flloyd Jr. is wearing in this video?? I've searched online but can't seem to find it.

Video: Adrien Broner & Floyd Mayweather Clowning Backstage + Floyd Speaks To Lil Wayne!
you can find those everywhere for instance Heavyweight

Im assuming of course you're talking about that red crewneck he also had on
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #4835
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
does riverview have security up there? could u just walk around and take pics or would you be booted out?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #4836
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

Funny thing was up higher, there was a daycare centre of some kind. WTF? I wouldn't send my kids there. Must be there for the workers' kids.......... or maybe it's for mentally ill kids......... ugh........ shivers running up my spine just thinking about it. I cranked up my stereo in case I started hearing screams.

I remember there being a thread many years back where revsceners would meet up at haunted places and try to find any kind of paranormal activities. Think this was the one. Good reads were had.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/49718...t-stories.html

I'm down for some haunted meets.

Edit: NVM this was not the thread but still worth reading if bricks need to be shat. Wonder whatever happened to that thread...

Last edited by Kidnapman; 09-08-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #4837

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
you can find those everywhere for instance Heavyweight

Im assuming of course you're talking about that red crewneck he also had on
LOL! I should've been more specific. I'm talking about the white tee he has on with his face and the crown above his head.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #4838

haha i know sorry no clue though

side note i didn't know that was a picture of him i assumed it was biggie

Old 09-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #4839
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Im in for the first No need to start a new thread thread riverview meet.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #4840
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Im in for the first No need to start a new thread thread riverview meet.
Great, I'm in. We get jtrinh to come along, too. We abduct him and tie him up in one of those electric chairs overnight. I imagine they performed lobotomy at Riverview.

Actually, I just looked up Riverview. It was called Essondale at one point. I remember that now. It was an asylum - state of the art (if there's such a thing).

Quote:
About 80 buildings were eventually built at Riverview, which reached a peak population of 4,726 patients and about 2,200 staff in 1955.

Riverview was a small, self-sufficient city then, with its own fire hall, post office, bus station, bowling alley, cinema, cemetery, bakery, chapel, boiler house and soccer and baseball fields.

There were parades and picnics and sports days held on the grounds — all attended by large crowds.

The era also saw the use of the first psychiatric drug, chlorpromazine, used at Riverview in 1954, which replaced shock treatment therapy for severe depression and lobotomies for schizophrenia, mania and psychotic disorders. The use of anti-psychotic and tranquillizing drugs transformed therapies, allowing patients and doctors to realize mental illness was not untreatable.

Read more: Closure of Riverview Hospital marks end of era in mental health treatment

Old 09-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #4841
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I'll be waiting for you guys...

Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #4842

always heard taking the bus through riverview is creepy
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #4843
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
How To: Reviving Your Dead Pony. (Comic on Ego VS. Curiosity)
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #4844
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

So, I've been doing a lot of research on the Balkan wars of the 90s and was shocked to see how much ill will there is between Bosnians and Croats, Croats and Serbs, Serbs and Albanians, Serbs and Bosnians...even today, fuelled by centuries-old arguments.

I know there's a sizeable Balkan community here in Metro Vancouver, and I'm wondering if that same hatred and those same divisions exist here. I know there were Croatians and Serbs living in Canada who moved back to Europe to enlist in the military, out of nationalism.

Last edited by TatsuyaKataoka; 09-09-2013 at 11:08 AM.
TatsuyaKataoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #4845
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
For Snails:

snail.JPG
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #4846

Hey Dino found something you may like, maybe you can force grid to wear em

dinosaur cufflinks

Silver Dinosaur Cufflinks-Silver Cufflinks

comes in all sorts of colours (i was shopping for cufflinks)
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #4847
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuyaKataoka View Post
So, I've been doing a lot of research on the Balkan wars of the 90s and was shocked to see how much ill will there is between Bosnians and Croats, Croats and Serbs, Serbs and Albanians, Serbs and Bosnians...even today, fuelled by centuries-old arguments.

I know there's a sizeable Balkan community here in Metro Vancouver, and I'm wondering if that same hatred and those same divisions exist here. I know there were Croatians and Serbs living in Canada who moved back to Europe to enlist in the military, out of nationalism.
There is an excellent documentary from the ESPN 30 for 30 on two basketball players who made the NBA one from Croatia and one from Serbia, from my understanding the majority of the modern day hatred was from the collapse of the former Yugoslavia and the civil war that followed, under the united Yugoslavia people were still neighborly and even friends in many cases but as soon as it fell apart friends were killing friends etc

And yea I've ran into Croats here etc so still have a hatred on for Serbs and they don't really have a direct connection to it

Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #4848
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There is an excellent documentary from the ESPN 30 for 30 on two basketball players who made the NBA one from Croatia and one from Serbia, from my understanding the majority of the modern day hatred was from the collapse of the former Yugoslavia and the civil war that followed, under the united Yugoslavia people were still neighborly and even friends in many cases but as soon as it fell apart friends were killing friends etc

And yea I've ran into Croats here etc so still have a hatred on for Serbs and they don't really have a direct connection to it

Posted via RS Mobile
That's very sad. There were some Balkanites in my grade (2 Serbs, a Croat and a Bosnian) and they seemed to get along just fine.

We will have evolved as a society only when we can see each other as human beings. And yes, that includes the Mainlanders vs. Hongers horse that has been beaten to death on RS.
TatsuyaKataoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #4849

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
what i dont understand from places like yugoslavia, africa is how people who have lived thousands of years next to each other, intermarried, share common cultural traits and languages, and resemble each other can STILL hate each other enough to kill each other.

i guess in yugoslavia's case, tito's death really fucked the country up whereas in africa they are still dealing with tribalism and a post colonial society but still.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #4850
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
In Kelowna we have 2 main cab companies. Yellow Cabs (all non-english-speaking brown guys), and White Checkmate Cabs. I only take Checkmate Cabs and 80% of their drivers are former eastern europeans. Many of them are from the former Yugoslavia. It is pretty interesting listening to them talk about the war, how things used to be, and those fucking Serbians. Some of the guys get pretty fired up. They all say that Yugoslavia was the most beautiful place in the world prior to the war.

And on a related note, Sid Vicious, just look at Ireland. Massive guerrilla civil war not between people from africa or a lesser country, but in a modern first world country very closely related to England -> Canada.