REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'm sure you lost quite abit on that one since u couldn't file against damage deposit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
This was after we spent a week fixing it:
Advertisement
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
buh-bye

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 09:26 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment

elves.

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
WOW!! That is a gong show lol

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,750 Posts
It's unbelievable how many deadbeat people live in this city.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #32

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Gridlock and dinosaur, your stories are highly entertaining, but I feel sorry that you have to deal with some of these winners...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #33
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

crazy story
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #34
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
... The end result is I can't believe that a politician lied to us...
how do you think they get to where they are? but good read nevertheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #35
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 09:27 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #36
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
My mom decided to rent out the basement of her place years ago back when I was in highschool. We rented to this couple who seemed okay, but a bit odd. Whatever, not like we're the most normal people either.

So there's one huge giant massive thing that people need to know. MY MOTHER HAS A DEATHLY ALLERGY TO ONION AND GARLIC. To the point where if someone is cooking with it in the neighborhood, she has to close the windows and hope that they stop cooking before it gets through the weather stripping. My mom tends to spend most of her time on the top floor, which is surrounded by windows; basically, she bakes when the neighbors have a barbecue.

So we rent to them, and they acknowledge that they cannot cook with onion nor garlic. Nor anything that has anything that says "onion and garlic salt" within the first three ingredients on the list. My mom understands that this sucks, so she was renting at a couple hundred below market.

So after the first month, everything seems to be going okay, and they decide to get a puppy. Sure, no problem. They give us a heads up, and ask if they can turn the little porch under the back deck (their entrance) into a little kennelesque thing. Sure, no problem, sounds cool.

What do they buy? A dalmatian. For those of you that don't know dogs, these are second in energy only to greyhounds. These are dogs that need to be run at least twice a day, sometimes more.

What do they do? Put it in the kennel, and leave it there except for a daily walk. So now we've got this dog that's constantly pacing. Barking. Even howling at times.

Turns out the dude works fulltime days and the lady is supposed to be at home with the dog and doing her thing. Ohhhhhh no she isn't. I have no idea if she was stepping out on him or what, but she left half an hour after he did and didn't come home until way after I got back from school. So, being the kid-who-never-had-a-dog I was, I played with him, took him out, and generally did my best to make my mom's shitty tenants less of a living hell for her.

Fast forward two months. It is now the beginning of fall. The furnace for the entire house is in the basement, about 3 feet away from the kitchen of the basement suite. Furnace heats up, and boom. Mom's eyes dry up and she can feel her throat having issues. She calls, and asks if they're cooking with anything with onion or garlic.

"Oh, maybe, I'm not sure, I'm so sorry!"

Whatever, lesson learned, right? Nope. This seems to keep happening, and my mom starts to talk to her about it again. What does she say? "Oh, well, my naturopath says that when you have an allergy, it's a good idea to be exposed to something so that you can develop a tolerance! Here, have these garlic supplements!"

My mom, being the wonderful vindictive bitch she is, then decides that restricting the hours of her cleaning is no longer worth it. She has one of those central-housing vacuum thingies, where the vacuum pump is in one area. Where is it? In the basement suite.

Things continue in the generally "goddamn those motherfuckers" on both sides, and when the lease is about to expire my mom tells them that she's not interested in continuing it and she'll be giving them a notice to terminate tenancy. They start bitching at her on how it's not fair on how they were getting used to the neighborhood, how they've always paid on time, etc etc etc.

My mom takes it and says "That's fine, but I'm ending the lease". Being an elementary school teacher has its advantages; you learn to deal with childish people whose intelligence is at about the elementary level.

So they move out, and when we get down there, we find the walls and kitchen/bathroom floor look like they were never cleaned. The carpets are stained, and there's a crapload of just useless garbage there. Broken bits of stuff, cords for electronics, manuals, etc etc. Takes my mom and I a day to get the junk out and to Wastech. We try to get the carpets cleaned, no go. Damage deposit? I think not.

TLDR: Tenants buy a dog and leave it to go feral, then try to kill my mom with something she's deathly allergic to and say "It's good to get used to what you're allergic to!"
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #37
Banned By Establishment

Old 09-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #38

Oh man, kids. The last tenants who lived on top of us decided to have a kid. When they brought the thing home it would wail for hours in the middle of the night. Great, we were getting the newborn experience without having one of our own!

They also couldn't park worth a damn either, we shared the driveway and they'd park so close I had to get in my car from the passenger's door some nights.

Thank god they left. After they were gone I took a picture of an old scratch on my car and made up a story of how I went to Vancouver one weekend, leaving my car at home and the scratch appeared on my door when I got back. My landlords agreed to give me sole use of the driveway
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #39
Banned By Establishment

anager...

Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #40
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
But, that reminds me of some other things that used to drive me nuts about that guy. He couldn't park worth a shit either....
Speaking about parking. The fall semester has started up on SFU and so far the parking situation is better as there has been less cars parking at night.

But just the other day, there was a red convertable cavaller that was parked at an angle with the nose 1 1/2 ft from the curb and the ass over 3 ft from the curb.

There is a jacked up Dodge Ram dually that always parks on the curb as his truck is too wide to properly park on the street.

Everyday, we see the same cars parking in the middle of 2 spots or 5 ft from the parking sign so only 2 cars can legally park behind them when there is enough room for 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
They also couldn't park worth a damn either, we shared the driveway and they'd park so close I had to get in my car from the passenger's door some nights.
This is one of the things that bug me the most.

One of my friends had picked up a brand new BMW 135i when they first came out, but he spent most of the time in HK for work and had given us access to his car to keep the gas fresh and battery charged.
One week in February, I took the car out and kept it for a week. The second day, I was going for lunch with co-workers when they noticed a huge dent on the driver side door/rear quarter panel.
I started to freak out trying to figure out when that happened. For the next few days I couldn't sleep as I was trying to figure out when it could have happened.
After the third night, it was time to take the car back and I noticed the mini van that parked in the next spot had black all over the corner of his bumper. I lined the car up and realized the bumper was exactly the same height has the dent on the car.

I immediately told my friend but I never did ask him what he ended up doing about the damage on his car.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #42
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Meh hates people like those. Give a bad names for other good tenants looking for a place. I myself have a good shares of stories too. Will post later.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
This is one of the things that bug me the most.

One of my friends had picked up a brand new BMW 135i when they first came out, but he spent most of the time in HK for work and had given us access to his car to keep the gas fresh and battery charged.
One week in February, I took the car out and kept it for a week. The second day, I was going for lunch with co-workers when they noticed a huge dent on the driver side door/rear quarter panel.
I started to freak out trying to figure out when that happened. For the next few days I couldn't sleep as I was trying to figure out when it could have happened.
After the third night, it was time to take the car back and I noticed the mini van that parked in the next spot had black all over the corner of his bumper. I lined the car up and realized the bumper was exactly the same height has the dent on the car.

I immediately told my friend but I never did ask him what he ended up doing about the damage on his car.
The next tenant to move in upstairs thought it would be OK if a friend that parked in the driveway beside my car while we were away for a weekend with our truck (this is after the landlord said we had exclusive use of the driveway) . The friend gave my car a big door ding, left a dent and white paint scrapes.

I didn't notice the damage right away, and when I did I though my wife did it (The truck is white). I was cursing the heavens, so the tenant upstairs probably heard me and thought I was going to beat my wife or something because she came down and admitted what happened.
Lucky for her Dentex got the dent out and the white paint buffed out and because I did a package deal with a couple other dings she only ended up paying $50.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #44
Banned By Establishment

no more

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #45
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Gridlock and dinosaur, your stories are highly entertaining, but I feel sorry that you have to deal with some of these winners...
I don't

Great read every morning

I am a horrible person lol
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

I use to work in the office at a non-profit housing and Boy, the site managers had it tough.

And it is surprising at how many nut heads there are, makes for good stories though.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #47

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

About 4 years ago, at the AGM, one of the owners decided to voice up about his displeasure against the garden crew that the building had contracted.

Now, in our eyes, they were out everyday rain or shine or snow since we live up on SFU. All the workers had the same uniform/polo shirts and they were very good about tarping things and taking away the grass clippings and dead flowers.

In his eyes he saw.... well we don't know what he saw but he had a major hard-on against them.

The first year nothing happened. Then the next year he voiced his displeasure again and the people who attended the AGM felt he was a good candidate for strata. After being voted in, he was chosen to be president of the strata and thus the ball started rolling to axe the current company and search for a new company to help save the strata money.

In the end, they chose this unknown company because they had the lowest bid after they had a chance to tour the area to see what the other company had done.

Oct 1 came around and the contract for the old company ended but even then they were out on Sept 30 to do their daily work. The new company showed up on the first day and right away the trouble started. They said they wanted more money now because the old company left everything as a mess and it wasn't like that when they did the tour to do the quotation.

October ended and came November. My wife started to notice that there was no one around in the mornings to tend to the grass/flowers/etc. At the strata meeting, the building manager mentioned this new company never filled out any of the paper work to show the progress or what they did each day. You can clearly see that the flowers in the garden were dead.
November ended and December was upon us. Still nothing. In the December strata meeting, the building manager reported that the new company never showed up for all of November and the first part of Dec. At that meeting, the strata decided to end the contract with the current company and look for a new company.

The company was informed about the immediate contract termination and payment was going to withheld for the 2 months of not showing up for work. The very next day, they showed up for work and demanded payment for those 2 month.

Over the winter, we learned the biggest lesson about the original company. They had a contract with a snow plow guy, and this guy did most of the snow removal for the other buildings and that meant he was up here plowing the drive-ways at 2 am so that everyone can go to work at 6 am. But once the contract with the company ended, so did the contract with the snow plow guy.

Well, we now had no one to plow our driveway. Calling around to get quotes just as winter had started was not the brightest idea. Average quote was quite a bit more expensive than the original guy we had. In the end, the company they contracted didn't show up to plow the driveway until 8-9 am. Good thing I have 4 snow tires on my car.

Spring came and the strata went looking for a new company to tend to our grass/flowers. The new company was pretty good, till about July. So far, all of this past August and September, it doesn't appear that new company has shown up for work. The flowers are all over grown from the nice weather and they are starting to show disease as some of them are brown and dead.

During the last snow storm, the plow guy broke one of the light stands in our court yard and the light is just sitting on an area with no grass. Back in June, the new company moved the light and put in new sod to fill that area that had no grass. The light sat on the grass area till about 2 weeks ago when someone came by and tried to prop the light back up and there is now a dead patch under where the light was.

And the kicker to all this, the strata is only saving about $2000 a year on the grass maintenance cost but who knows how much more per year we are spending on snow removal.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #48
Banned By Establishment

win

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 10:16 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #49
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
^well played sir! haha

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #50
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Langford Snooki

I am new to residential property management game and this was my first experience. My business partner and I have a one bedroom condo (2009 building) that we rent out.

This girl gave me bad vibes from the beginning. She decides to rent the propety and agrees to pay by cheque. One day later she asks if she can pay cash instead. First red flag.

Move in day comes and she decides to move in at 10pm a night. We receive complaints from the strata.

She claimed she worked at a hospital cleaning equipment. References turn out to be fake. She even has a forged letter of reference. I am not so sure. 90s Mercedes convertible, high heals, low cut, way too much fake and bake, etc ec.

We received post dated cheques and first cheque is deposited and clears. A week later she notifies us she had to close the account because "her ex has access to that account" She has to write new cheques and after weeks of games trying to set an appointment we finally get the cheques. Different phone number on these cheques. Strange.

Shortly after she tells us BC Hydro is threatening to cut off her power. She owes $2000 to them and says she needs to put her name on the account or she will have to move out. She calls BC Hydro and puts her account under her friends name.

Two months in and we receive a warnning because she is not carrying her dog while on the common property. This is in the strata bylaws and all rules were given to her along with an addendum to the tenancy agreement saying she must carry her pet or face a $200 fine. We notify her of the warning and she says she will carry it. At the same time she complains about her parking spot because the end spot is too hard to get in and out of.

A few weeks later another complaint. She has a friends car parking in the visitor parking for a week straight. It has snow piled on it from a recent snow storm and hasn't moved. She is notified it will be towed it if it's not moved.

About 4 months in everything comes to a head... we receive a $200 fine for her not carrying her pet again. We notify her (about 5 days before the end of the month) and she lets us know that she has no money for the fine or for rent and is moving out on the 10th of the month. She authorizes us to keep the damage deposit. Her move in date continually moves around until she does a daytime move without telling anyone. A strata member notifies the prop mgr who notifies us. We go to the condo to confront her. She immediately starts yelling and screaming at us and is histerical. I am surprised no one calls the cops. Apparently other residents were giving her shit for blocking the driveway access to the building and for leaving the front door open unattended.

In the weeks following we demand the keys/fob/parking pass back and that she clear out the rest of her junk. She ignores us, or makes appointments and cancels last minunte repeatedly. We take pictures and determine the unit is abandoned on about the 25th of the month. We change all the locks and order new fob/pass. We clean the place and thankfully the damage is minimal. Half a day of cleaning and there are permanent stains on the tan carpet.... Looks like makeup... Luckily we have a new tenant who wants to rent it sight unseen for the 1st.

We find out that her dog is extremely yappy and never stopped barking. It barks at every other dog so all the dog owners hate her and her dog. A coworkers fried owns a house next to the building and knows all about her and her dog. They have all named her Langford Snooki LOL

So I am looking at these post dated cheques. I had attempted to deposit one on the 1st for rent (that she owed) and the bank told me it could not be negotiated. I look at the phone # again and decide to google it... Sure enough she is a call girl!!! Different ads come up with her picture for a "wild time" "very adventurous" etc etc with variations of her name. That explained a lot!!

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote