REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #26
(7125 Viewing)

"A dirty fight and no respect for the Host...... " No attitude and clearly his scared no wonder he doesn't want to fight Pacman

If you win on the bad way you wont have satisfaction and even your own fans would not love and respect you. I bet tones of viral video again will be out for Mayweather.

Cmon Bring It On!!!!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by dasuperstar; 09-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.
dasuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

if you look at the wide angle, the ref doesnt give them the go ahead to fight, and then Joe Cortez then looks the other way to the timers and then Ortiz goes to hug and the rest is history.

Edit: meant to say Does** , does give them the go ahead

Last edited by iEatClams; 09-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
BTW this comes off as way more phony and cheesy than WWE too
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
"A dirty fight and no respect for the Host...... " No attitude and clearly his scared no wonder he doesn't want to fight Pacman

If you win on the bad way you wont have satisfaction and even your own fans would not love and respect you. I bet tones of viral video again will be out for Mayweather.
from mayweathers POV, he just had someone cheapshot him, of course he's gonna go out for revenge, the Ref gives them the go ahead to fight, and he knocks the guy out.

so during the interview he probably thinks he won fair and square (which legally he did, since the ref signaled fight), and then the host is trying to diss him, and with Mayweathers background, its kinda expected hes gonna pissed and diss the host.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #30
(7125 Viewing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
from mayweathers POV, he just had someone cheapshot him, of course he's gonna go out for revenge, the Ref gives them the go ahead to fight, and he knocks the guy out.

so during the interview he probably thinks he won fair and square (which legally he did, since the ref signaled fight), and then the host is trying to diss him, and with Mayweathers background, its kinda expected hes gonna pissed and diss the host.
All I could say.........

Cmon Bring It On!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
protect yourself at all times....
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #33
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,331 Times in 5,645 Posts
I'd say it was almost an eye for an eye, obviously the headbutt was intentional and then ortiz tries to say he's sorry for it?

the wide angle shot the ref looks like he's 90% squinting his eyes and doesnt even see whats happening lol

ive watched the last few mayweather as well as paqiuao [sp] and to think pac man would win outright like alot of people do is misguided i think, it may be underestimating mayweather, he will take any length to win and in the biggest fight of his career he would not go beyond doing everythin in his power to win
Old 09-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
like i posted in the other thread

fck Ortiz, i cant respect a fighter who's asked in the post fight 'view what it is, and his response...
"".... came out to show the fans a good time, looks like they had a good time....etc.. ""

"tta fck kinda response it that bitch, you're an elite world class fighter, warrior it's just you and the other guy in the ring, you're there only to defeat your opponent nothing else matters.... his response just showed me he all he was thinking about was his payday soon as the fight ended..

anyway, if you try headbutting a guy cuz you're pissed off his defense is too good for you to get a clean shot in, you deserve to get knocked the fck out like that...

and Mayweather, only thing I liked about this aside from him actually throwing some good combinations for once, was the fact that he finally quit pussy footin around Larry Merchant and just all out went for it and cussed him out completely, every other fight interview there's always tension between them two, and though this isn't the classiest move by Floyd, i'm finally glad to see it boil over and come out fully
Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #35

Ha so they have been building up the confrontation between Mayweather and the interviewer? Now I wish I had been following boxing longer
Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #36

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
yea Mayweather and Merchant have had beef for a long time and after every fight it's always little subtle jabs between the two, Floyd knows that Merchant hates his ass, and i mean you can tell they dislike each other from just about every post fight interview they've ever done, but it always just stays civil in a way, this time no more chit chat, Floyd just let loose on him dont think he gave a flying fck, just let it all hang out

I think Mayweather and PacMan need to give us their fight free of fcking charge on cable TV just for all the bullshit they're puttin the fans through
Old 09-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
"If Larry was 50 years younger He would still be 50. "
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #38
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
^^ lol i cant believe he's 80 though looks older but sounds younger imo
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #39
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #40
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

LOL
mayweather won fair and square
i don't like the guy but he's gonna have alot more haters after that
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
LOL
mayweather won fair and square
i don't like the guy but he's gonna have alot more haters after that
Exactly. Biggest sports entertainment heel since Vince McMahon, IMO
Old 09-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #42

Also, this makes me look forward to the time where an MMA fighter cuts a similar promo on Joe Rogan
Old 09-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #43
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
video of full 4th round + interviews

Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
want to be angry at someone. be angry at the referee. pacquiao fans need to sit down. they saw floyd who took a year and a half off and still looked great. deep down inside they probably know floyd will destroy pacquiao
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #45

I'm a fan of both Floyd and Pacquiao but deep down no I don't think Floyd will destroy Pacquiao and nor do I believe Pacquiao can destroy Floyd.

I just want these two boxing legends to fight once and for all to see who's the bigger beast at boxing.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #46
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Money and Pac need to fight before the fight loses hype like what happened to Chuck/Wandy. the fight was hyped for 5 years to see who the best LHW was and didnt happen until they both weren't the best anymore and lost fights and belts.

and this whole thing looked like such BS. ortiz wasnt upset by it at all. even right after he was smiling and joking around about it. boxing is so fucking paid.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #47
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
ortiz would had gotten a fat paycheque win or lose so it didnt really matter to him
mayweathers defense was too much for him and he got agitated and went for the headbutts, but seriously, who the fuck puts their hands down during a fight? lol ortiz could had easily put his gloves up after the first shot but decided to look at the ref.. dumbass decision, mayweather did the same thing to shane mosley, but shane smarten up and put his hands up after the 1st punch
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
ortiz would had gotten a fat paycheque win or lose so it didnt really matter to him
mayweathers defense was too much for him and he got agitated and went for the headbutts, but seriously, who the fuck puts their hands down during a fight? lol ortiz could had easily put his gloves up after the first shot but decided to look at the ref.. dumbass decision, mayweather did the same thing to shane mosley, but shane smarten up and put his hands up after the 1st punch
Exactly what I said after the fight...I'm surprise he didn't "agree" to the rematch so he can get a FATTER paycheque.

I told a buddy that Mayweather said he would fight Ortiz again just so he can avoid Pacman once again and collect more $$$$ on an "easier" fight.

I wish Merchant said something like "Why don't you fight pacquiao so he can kick your ass" instead of the one he said LOL
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Money and Pac need to fight before the fight loses hype like what happened to Chuck/Wandy. the fight was hyped for 5 years to see who the best LHW was and didnt happen until they both weren't the best anymore and lost fights and belts.
I would normally agree, but who else is there that would take their place? It's not like the 205 lbs division in MMA where there is a ton of really good fighters ready to take the top spot, is it?

If not, the longer Mayweather can delay the fight, yet keep himself in the news, the better the payoff is going to be...

As for the results, if they do end up doing olympic style drug testing where Pacquiao will not be able to taper off steroids for 2 weeks prior, then you have to give the edge to Floyd.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
want to be angry at someone. be angry at the referee. pacquiao fans need to sit down. they saw floyd who took a year and a half off and still looked great. deep down inside they probably know floyd will destroy pacquiao
The referee's mis-handling of the whole thing could have gotten someone killed. Ortiz is an idiot for not protecting himself. Floyd won fair and square.
As a fan of both fighters, I think Floyd takes Manny in a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

As for the results, if they do end up doing olympic style drug testing where Pacquiao will not be able to taper off steroids for 2 weeks prior, then you have to give the edge to Floyd.

+ 1