REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #51
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
i sold my lowered car years ago it was a r8.

but the point is lowering g37s 350zs and genesis' doesn't make them any less crappy looking than they already were. this thread disappoints

IMO lowering any car makes it look 10x better
every car you just mentioned does look great lowered. but these kids with $3000 cars dropping them an inch from the ground looks pathetic

lets see that r8
Advertisement
kgatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #52
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
this thread was specifically made FOR lowered cars.

you can rant here: 4x4 BC four wheel drive, offroad and fourwheeling site.

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #53
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgatz View Post
i sold my lowered car years ago it was a g37.

but the point is lowering talons civics and celicas doesn't make them any less crappy looking than they already were. this thread disappoints
You're in the wrong thread. Take your shitty attitude to the aforementioned 4X4 thread.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #54
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
every car you just mentioned does look great lowered. but these kids with $3000 cars dropping them an inch from the ground looks pathetic

lets see that r8
Oh, and I don't have the post count to fail you yet, so here's a manual fail.

"Fail."
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #55
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Quote:

lets see that r8
So you're saying an old car like an R32, AE86 or 240Z (maybe even the NA Miata in this case) "looks pathetic" when lowered? What you're implying is that old cars are not worth lowering? There's a reason why parts manufacturers are STILL pumping out suspension components for older cars.

Some of us can't afford to have a "nice", by your definition, car to lower. That's why people make do with what they have, rather than breaking the bank buying a newer car and ending up completely stock.

To stay on topic, though...my current car is at stock height, so no issues like most RS'ers, but those dumbass high speed bumps still catch the flange of my cat if I drive at them straight on .

Can't wait until I get a GS though, that'll be a REAL challenge when I make it low .
Old 09-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #56
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
I have no clue how you guys can deal with that shit everyday, I drove a friends stupidly low Soarer to a car show once, it scraped just going down "level" road, over manhole covers, scraped all over getting onto the grass for the show, then got high centered and nearly tore off the front bumper leaving the grass. After that hellish experience I'm leaving my Celica's at a 1.75" drop cause I don't want to rip my oil pan off (5th Gen Celica's will always look "high" anyways, since the underbody stuff sits a lot lower than the body panels.

TL;DR - Bravo for being patient enough and caring about the look of your "stance" enough to drive like this, I know I sure as hell can't stand it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #57
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

http://www.revscene.net/forums/61485...ml#post6955614

I guess your definition of lowering a car is throwing on an eibach prokit and calling it a day.
TRDeol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #58
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
When I first lowered my car, the first day I was leaving work, I completely forgot how low I was now, and went to a speed bump head on. By the time my car was dropping from going overthe bump, it kicked in what i was doing, but it was already too late. The sound of my car crashing down on the speedbump was probably the worse noise I've ever heard. Scraped a couple times since then, but rarely happens now that I take it slow.

Last time I scraped bad was at the mcdonalds next to the pne, when I was exiting. Didn't angle enough . Oh well, car was raised about 1/4" after I got issued a VI so now I'm not scraping anywhere near as much as I used to
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #59
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeol View Post

I guess your definition of lowering a car is throwing on an eibach prokit and calling it a day.
lmao....
with 20 inch rimz
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #60
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
lmao....
with 20 inch rimz
Oh no .. the best part is the $750 window tint job.

vdub604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #61
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub604 View Post
Oh no .. the best part is the $750 window tint job.

Wow...I wish I can charge $750 for window tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
lmao....
with 20 inch rimz
Custom 20" rims! Get it right Gresch!

Quote:

TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #62
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:

That thing's lowered?
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #63
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

actually, 20" rims are proper for the G/Z's because they have stupid massive arches.

604trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #64
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i need to lower my car moar...

sososlammed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #65
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneGuru View Post
Last time I scraped bad was at the mcdonalds next to the pne, when I was exiting. Didn't angle enough . Oh well, car was raised about 1/4" after I got issued a VI so now I'm not scraping anywhere near as much as I used to
It's actually amazing how big a difference a quarter inch makes practicality-wise, aesthetically it didn't change the look too much for me but being able to go home and to work without scraping

Sometimes I have to drive a chubby girl to work because the bus doesn't run at 4:45AM (or so she told me) and at that point all bets are off, scraping just going down a straight road with minor bumps >.<
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #66
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Alright, I will contribute. Kind of a long read but i'm bored at work. You can just skip to the photos if you don't care.

My first car was a honda civic, lowered (no finger gap all around) so I had some practice getting around town. The front was much lower than the sides/rear so it was easier to navigate.

I'm having a more difficult time with my current project because the sides and rear share the same clearance. I usually run out of angle for the rear portion of the diffuser.

I wish to go lower, but right now I am happy. I have to lay down two mats on my driveway because I scrape. I can only go in and out (*awaits jokes*) a certain way that took me 2 years to perfect with markers on my driveway. Anything past 1/2 tank of gas is bananas and I have 1 finger gap or scraping of clearance on bumper / sides / rear.

Procedure: reverse, slight wheel crank left, straigten out till marker 1 *scrape*, crank wheel all the way to right, reverse 3 feet to marker right, *scrape diffuser*, reverse back till one wheel touches, reverse car opposite direction of traffic, *rub wheels on fender*, u-turn and go.

Annnd here are the damn pics!

Here is me trying to figure out clearance when the car was relatively stock (video of driveway):

Pics of front/sides with (bonus girl):

This is how the car rolls around town when I go for a drive, I haven't been doing any track days so I am wingless atm:

I plan to change to stiffer spring and coils, not too happy with the current one (should help with clearing things):

By all means my car is not as low as others but even with all the extra hassle and scraping/rubbing I refuse to raise the car. If anything I still have 1cm left on my driveway
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #67
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604trueno View Post
actually, 20" rims are proper for the G/Z's because they have stupid massive arches.

HNNNNNGGGGGGGG
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #68
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post

This is my 1990 Civic DX. Luckily, the front mudflaps pictured above are flexible otherwise i'd have to trim them. Suspension is Ground Control Coilovers (set as low as possible) with Koni Yellows.

I was just at Shiang Garden's upper level parking lot the other day and scraped the shiiiiiit out of my exhaust from cat to the end of the b-pipe hah. I knew it was the cat from the loud CLUNK and could also feel it from my seat. Car will be raised for winter though heh. It's a bit ridiculous right now.

Rear clearance:

Quote:
i sold my lowered car years ago it was a g37.

but the point is lowering talons civics and celicas doesn't make them any less crappy looking than they already were. this thread disappoints
so by "years" ago you mean last year? hahah. yeah, you keep telling yourself that to feel like you're above others. all it does is show us how shallow and insecure you are about yourself.

seriously though, fuck what you think, i love my civics!

Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #69
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,883 Times in 745 Posts
Had to throw on my temp wheels for a couple days and almost rubbed through my wiring harness on the stock wheels even with 25mm spacers lol, fail.

Last picture I ever took of my car before it was stolen a couple nights later:

Had around 1.75-2" clearance all around. Polished frame rails daily, always got caught on the exhaust flanges lulz. Glad it's all over now but apart of me will miss it until I get a new car in the spring.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #70
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
Is that why she's now your ex?
hahahahah Yes!

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #71
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:

come on baby show the world the money:

the only nice older car mentioned was the r32, 240zs are awful. don't waste money on speedbumps and potholes save it for school or a new car

oh spoon it feels like forever that she's been gone.. by the way looking at your shots i guess the white one is kind of cute if it was for my girlfriend, but the red one behind it is from like the 80's. why invest in something that's not even worth it's weight in cow manure?

Last edited by kgatz; 09-21-2011 at 10:29 AM.
kgatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #72
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604trueno View Post
]
I realize that, that`s not what I'm pointing out lol... its that he didnt say 20" Volk blah blah blah, just 20" rims lol
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #73
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
my car doesnt seem low but it scrapes on just about every bump...
next car definitely will lower only like an inch.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #74
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:
come on baby show the world the money:

the only nice older car mentioned was the r32, 240zs are awful. don't waste money on speedbumps and potholes save it for school or a new car

oh spoon it feels like forever that she's been gone.. by the way looking at your shots i guess the white one is kind of cute if it was for my girlfriend, but the red one behind it is from like the 80's. why invest in something that's not even worth it's weight in cow manure?

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #75
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

gotta park further than anybody else...might be an extra walk..but saves yourself from a scrape....
RX8CER is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: