REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Drive *spoilers* (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654142-drive-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-23-2011 12:31 AM

Drive *spoilers*

i'd give it 80%+

action was good, other parts I think most people would find boring. a few people walked out at the beginning. felt like you stepped into the wrong movie lol. but patience and you may enjoy it hah.

it's realistic. there's like a very 70's or 80's backdrop theme even though it's current day. the gore was awesome. i guess i'd only say some people would find it boring if they don't enjoy artistic stylistic but slow scenes, there's very little action, but they're worth seeing. the car scenes were awesome.

it reminded me a lot of wong kar wai's fallen angels, but toned down, and violence jacked the fuck up.

the soundtrack was interesting.

Spoiler!

nabs 09-23-2011 12:41 AM

loooved it!

Culture_Vulture 09-23-2011 12:42 AM

I had my doubts that Ryan Gosling would be the right man for the part, but I enjoyed it :D pretty good.

TheNewGirl 09-23-2011 04:21 AM

I think you either love it or hate it. The guy I saw this with... HATED it. He couldn't handle how little dialogue was in it.

Personally, I thought it was fantastic.

FlyNvBaller 09-23-2011 09:05 AM

The movie had it good parts and had its mehhh parts. Ulic hit it right on the spot, you do feel like you stepped into the wrong movie, I was like wtf......felt like a DEAR JOHN type of movie for the first half lol... The end made up for it but still left with a wtf feeling lol.

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-23-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGirl (Post 7587836)
He couldn't handle how little dialogue was in it.

There are a ton of movies with very little dialogue. Dialogue doesn't make a movie. There are so many emotions that can't be just conveyed with dialogue. The little dialogue set the theme up a lot better. You get a feel of what the driver's character is really like.
Posted via RS Mobile

Harvey Specter 09-26-2011 03:38 AM

Loved the movie and soundtrack.

The film really had a Michael Mann feel to it and this was my first Ryan Gosling and he's got my respect after this film.

Matlock 09-26-2011 04:23 AM

I loved it. Awesome film!

It really reminded me of taxi driver with robert deniro.
Posted via RS Mobile

Mining 09-26-2011 08:23 AM

Loved this movie along with it's amazing soundtrack. It's for people who appreciate some pacing throughout the movie. People who dislike this movie probably love transformers. I personally thought it was brilliant.

I would say it's a very close 2nd to Tree of Life who took the Palme d'Or this year.

Gumby 09-26-2011 08:46 AM

I'm having trouble picturing Gosling in an "action" movie - to me, he's been pigeonholed into his Notebook role. But I think I'll give this movie a shot!

beanzzz 09-26-2011 08:50 AM

Good movie, Christina Hendricks didn't get enough screen time though.

StylinRed 09-26-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7591146)
I'm having trouble picturing Gosling in an "action" movie - to me, he's been pigeonholed into his Notebook role. But I think I'll give this movie a shot!

it's not really an action movie that you would typically picture its rather laid back but the film is really engaging just don't expect constant fighting/explosions/etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanzzz (Post 7591150)
Good movie, Christina Hendricks didn't get enough screen time though.

yeah her role was really minimal so were the other characters actually i was expecting more scenes with them (Cranston, Brooks, Perlman)

9/10

StylinRed 09-26-2011 05:48 PM

oh and just in case anyones wondering the "Screener" that has been out isn't the same as the movie that's in theatres (music is diff etc)

Ilagon 09-27-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Dean (Post 7591032)
Loved the movie and soundtrack.

The film really had a Michael Mann feel to it and this was my first Ryan Gosling and he's got my respect after this film.

Check out Blue Valentine. Gosling got my respect after that one. I'd give this one a 8/10.

Harvey Specter 09-29-2011 04:09 PM

For the guys that like the intro song, here's a more upbeat remix of the original;

!

StylinRed 10-13-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Lawsuit of the day: Sarah Deming of Michigan is suing FilmDistrict, the distributor of Ryan Gosling's flick “Drive,” because she wanted more driving in the film, CNN confirmed.

The suit also names Novi, Michigan’s Emagine Theaters, because Deming wants her money back. Deming hopes to get others involved in the suit so they too can recover the $12 ticket cost.

Deming claims that the promotional material for the crime drama’s was misleading, suggesting the film would feature more action-y driving scenes.

“Drive,” by the way, tells the story of a Hollywood stunt driver (Gosling) who gets involved with a heist gone wrong. It does feature a good deal of action (and violence), but there are other elements to the film. For instance, a love story.

The suit alleges that the company "promoted the film ‘Drive’ as very similar to the ‘Fast and Furious,’ or similar, series of movies." But, Sarah was sad to learn, "’Drive’ bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film… having very little driving in the motion picture."

Deming also claims the film is anti-Semitic, and that it “promoted violence against members of the Jewish faith.”

A spokesperson for FilmDistrict told CNN they don't comment on pending litigation.

Sarah Deming may not have liked “Drive,” but critics did. The movie earned a score of 93 percent fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.
Moviegoer sues: Not enough driving in 'Drive' – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

:seriously:

:fulloffuck:

Culture_Vulture 10-13-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7613083)

:seriously::seriously::seriously::seriously:

Gumby 10-14-2011 10:14 AM

Only in America...

death_blossom 10-19-2011 09:08 PM

I just saw this movie over the weekend. I totally went in thinking it was a purely action/driving movie due to what little promotional stuff I saw.

regardless, it was a great flick. I love this type of character that Ryan Gosling played: quiet, yet strong and doesn't mess around, gets shit DONE. my viewing buddy was understandably disappointed though.

Spoiler!

skyz 10-20-2011 04:00 AM

is it still being played in the theatre?

death_blossom 10-20-2011 06:49 AM

^
I noticed it was still playing at Silvercity Richmond on tue. not sure if it will still be there when Friday rolls around.