REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Official Professionals Directory of Revscene.net

This thread is for members who have a professional career or for senior level(4th year or greater) students who are in the process thereof.

Professional careers include (off the top of my head)
- Doctors (dentists,physiotherapists,etc..)
- Lawyers (criminal , corporate etc..)
- Accountants (finance, tax etc..)
- Reverends/Pastors
- Police officers (local pd, rcmp etc..)
* If I have missed one, please add to it.

When posting on this thread, please list your:
- profession
- practice area
- years of experience.

It is up to each member how much help/advise they wish to share with the community as your association may have principals regarding fees.

I hope this thread helps out anyone that is seeking any sort of professional advise, however; the members offering the advise should not be held accountable as this is an internet forum.

Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 09-25-2011 at 03:28 PM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Profession: Construction Electrician, Journeyman
Practice Area: North Vancouver, West Vancouver, British Properties, Richmond, anywhere they send me.
Mostly high end residential, some lighter commercial experience.
Years of experience: Since April 2005... That would make 6 years?

Spoiler!

Last edited by Matlock; 09-23-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

a reverend is a profession?
to be considered a profession you have to have specific laws regulating your profession and a professional association that deals with disciplinary actions... otherwise you would have ice cream makers calling themselves professionals
Posted via RS Mobile
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
i think you need to get ordained to become a pastor or reverend
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Guys, let's not derail the thread.

HR Advisor in Total Compensation, Recruiting, and ERP Integration for HRIS
-BBA in Human Resources Management
-CHRP
-SAP Certified Applications Consultant
-6+ years experience with various Payroll/HRIS Solutions: ADP, Ceridian, Cyborg, Payworks, SAP, PeopleSoft, NetSuite

If you are a builder, or a contractor.. would love to hear from you!
I own a small + old house near Coquitlam Town Center.. Looking at rebuilding the thing within a year or so..

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!

CA Student
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience at various SME's
- 3+ years of personal tax preparation / planning
- 2.5+ years of small business (owner managed/operated) tax preparation / planning
- 5+ years of various Accounting software: Caseware, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
yawn
You might need to visit this thread one day. I got the idea from here:http://www.revscene.net/forums/65405...al-advice.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
a reverend is a profession?
to be considered a profession you have to have specific laws regulating your profession and a professional association that deals with disciplinary actions... otherwise you would have ice cream makers calling themselves professionals
Posted via RS Mobile
Most pastors/reverands are governed by their denomination. As far as I know, Pentecostal pastors are governed by PAOC and Catholic priests are governed by the Archdioses of Vancouver/Arch-Bishop.

Thanks for keeping the thread on track. If you hate the idea/ feel the need to fail me/ need to yawn - start a thread on fightclub.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #8

-marketing, specifically online marketing
-im wary of posting specific info publically. i have a marketing degree from sfu and 4 years experience with several companies in lead gen roles, specifically in internwt marketing. i am posting because i am looking to take on ppc/seo projects on the side so if anyone is looking, i can send specifics/resume at that time.
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
You might need to visit this thread one day. I got the idea from here:http://www.revscene.net/forums/65405...al-advice.html

Most pastors/reverands are governed by their denomination. As far as I know, Pentecostal pastors are governed by PAOC and Catholic priests are governed by the Archdioses of Vancouver/Arch-Bishop.

Thanks for keeping the thread on track. If you hate the idea/ feel the need to fail me/ need to yawn - start a thread on fightclub.
I am not hating on the thread but you make it seem like any Joe Blow in a job is a professional. Professionals are governed by law on what they can and cannot do. There is no law saying how a reverend can practice.
Posted via RS Mobile
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I thought I was in VLS for a sec there.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ this should be in vls... nothing to do about cars ...
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Why is this in Fight Club? It's a completely legitimate thread imo.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I'm also baffled as to why FC is picked to start a thread like this. It's called Fight Club for a reason, but I don't see a reason why this is here. Even Employment Resources is a good place or Campus Forum.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terkan View Post
I am not hating on the thread but you make it seem like any Joe Blow in a job is a professional. Professionals are governed by law on what they can and cannot do. There is no law saying how a reverend can practice.
Posted via RS Mobile
If you read my first post, I outlined some "professionals." Accountants Doctors Lawyers, all have professionals associations that govern them. You seem to have an issue because I included Pastors/spiritual leaders. I mentioned how pastors/catholic priests are governed. I dont know about other spiritual leaders. I'm sure all spiritual leaders are governed by atleast their faith whatever it may be (this is not a thread discussing faith). I dont know about lawyers/doctors , but accountants do not have have a law that is backed by the government to tell us what we can and cannot do - each association has its own code of conduct. CA's have their own , CGA's have their CEPROC, and CMA's have theirs. All accountants are held to the standards set by each association. Same goes for pastors/reverands - no government law (that i know of) but governed by denominational code of conduct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I thought I was in VLS for a sec there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
^ this should be in vls... nothing to do about cars ...
I put in Off Topic because the "I need legal Advise" thread was on here. Thats how I got the idea. The OP in that thread didn't know if we had any resident lawyers - we have one - that responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
Why is this in Fight Club? It's a completely legitimate thread imo.
Thanks for supporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
I'm also baffled as to why FC is picked to start a thread like this. It's called Fight Club for a reason, but I don't see a reason why this is here. Even Employment Resources is a good place or Campus Forum.
didn't think of those sub forums but thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
It was moved here. I think it started with really good intentions. I was really looking forward to how it would develop, as I've asked quite a lot of questions on RS before and have always gotten good answers from working professionals. Too bad it ended this way. I was starting to see how this could've turned into a very good networking opportunity for the community if people didn't choose to ruin it. For example, I'm trying to start a company and didn't know that drunk russian has a degree in marketing and works with SEO. That's definitely something that would've come in handy if I wanted to do some internet marketing in the future, and I would much more trust him from being in the community then just going out and finding another company to do the job.

Sigh, sometimes Revscene just ruin good things.
It would've been a great networking oppertunity for all the members. We all need the help/feedback from Doctors/Lawyers/Accountants/Electricians at some point in our lives - and who better to trust than a fellow rs'er.

Secondly, RS could've said "hey, look, we have some professionals in our members pool" We are not all street racers. It adds to the credibility of the forum.

I invite anyone from the exec team for their feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
When you know you can mess around, go for it. When shit is serious, don't throw it around in peoples faces. That's my 2 cents
Posted via RS Mobile
Not sure what you mean here..

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 09-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
MiX iT Up!

I invite any mod to delete the useless posts, and move this thread back to VLS or Employment Resources. I think it will benefit the members and RS as a whole. If you disagree - tell me why.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
RS controls my life!

I agree with those that think this thread shouldn't be in FC.

I'm an HR student, aspiring to get my CHRP designation.

Now I have the option to ask too_slow, who has their designation, and is in the HR field and has been working in the field for a while.

This thread belongs in the employment resources forum.
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
yawn
says the one who plays hon all day
Old 09-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #18
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
OP:

I wasn't the one who administered the move in the first place, but I can see why it could've have been, even if it should be moved to spam instead of fightclub when it was moved.

anyways,

You can have this thread providing that whatever this becomes is purely non profit and not intended as spam, or an outlet to spam professional services for monetary gains.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisstrinh View Post
I agree with those that think this thread shouldn't be in FC.

I'm an HR student, aspiring to get my CHRP designation.

Now I have the option to ask too_slow, who has their designation, and is in the HR field and has been working in the field for a while.

This thread belongs in the employment resources forum.
Off-topic, but did you just add me on Linked-In?

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !NR View Post
OP:

I wasn't the one who administered the move in the first place, but I can see why it could've have been, even if it should be moved to spam instead of fightclub when it was moved.

anyways,

You can have this thread providing that whatever this becomes is purely non profit and not intended as spam, or an outlet to spam professional services for monetary gains.
Thanks. Would you be able to delete the "off topic " posts? It really takes away from the members who have something positive to contribute.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
MiX iT Up!

i don't think a group is as good as a thread. it would be good, if this was just a sticky on a RS Employment section - it'll be more useful since other people can freely contribute and view.

feel free to edit my original post to reflect stuff about RS not being liable - i have no issues with you editing my post.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 AM   #23
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
CA Student
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience at various SME's
- 3+ years of personal tax preparation / planning
- 2.5+ years of small business (owner managed/operated) tax preparation / planning
- 5+ years of various Accounting software: Caseware, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks
I'm wondering how old you are now... You're still a student but with so much industry experience-- very eye popping there! You must have done mod 1 as the minimum but you aren't at a firm yet? I saw your other posts.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #24
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

It's not like all these years add up together.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: