REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Automotive Chat

Island Automotive Chat Victoria to Port Hardy and everything in between
For all your island car related talk.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Vic alignment shops?

anyone have recommendations for an alignment shop that not going to bitch and complain about low car wanting such and such specs and that aren't complete retards?
Advertisement

Tumblr
1980 Datsun 280Z: sold 1995 Subaru Justy rip
1990 Civic Si: sold 1991 NA6 Miata rip
1989 240sx coupe: sold 1990 NA8 Miata current
1987 Corolla GTS Hatch: rip
1986 200sx hatch: sold
1989 Rb'd 240sx hatch: sold
Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

Oddly, Canadian Tire in Langford was very helpful. They had no problem with me specifying the specs. I'm not sure how low they can go. I've also had a good experience with Victoria Front End & Frame.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Island Mod

Simoes Automotive on Beta st. Great guys and more then willing to do what ever specs you wish
Old 09-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

simoes is my recommendation as well.
odishaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

simoes automotive

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #6

kinda weird to hear about crappy tire...but i think simoes wins. ty i'll be checking them out.

Tumblr
Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Funny enough I took mine to simoes twice hearing how good they were. They didn't setup my car correctly at all. Finally took it to Snappertons's in Vancouver and Duane there setup it up bang on. No more ass wiggling ...,
ddonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddonovan View Post
Funny enough I took mine to simoes twice hearing how good they were. They didn't setup my car correctly at all. Finally took it to Snappertons's in Vancouver and Duane there setup it up bang on. No more ass wiggling ...,
well you generally seem to piss and whine about all your encounters when detailing the experience that you had at a shop. Ever step back and think that it might just be you that's the problem?

Mainland? You took your car over to the mainland for an alignment? No one capable of setting up a s2k according to you? Give me a break.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD

Quote:
think befro you type
Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
Island Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddonovan View Post
Did you bring them in specs? Or just tell them about an "wiggle"? We have used them 100s of times, I used them on my S2000 and without fail they have always done us/me right. I am suprised they could not make you happy.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #10

I'm guessing he didn't have preferences and just told them to fix his 'wiggle'. Alignments are super simple to do as long as you have the setup to do them. It's pretty far fetched to think that there's no place in town that can do a good alignment. Still ty for your input.

Waiting on some more goodies before the car goes in and then I'll share my experience.

Tumblr
Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
I'm guessing he didn't have preferences and just told them to fix his 'wiggle'. Alignments are super simple to do as long as you have the setup to do them. It's pretty far fetched to think that there's no place in town that can do a good alignment. Still ty for your input.

Waiting on some more goodies before the car goes in and then I'll share my experience.
the boys at Simoes wont steer you wrong. If you have certain specs, let Jason and the guys know and they will dial you in. If you dont like the way the car feels or its not perfect, take it back and they will get it sorted out.

When we raced, both tarmac and road rally's, along with drag racing, they setup our cars everytime spot on. If the driver didnt like the way the car was feeling, they changed it.

You will get taken care of there. Failing that, there is always the mainland right?

88 CRX - Turbo AWD

Quote:
think befro you type
Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #12
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Just tell'in like it is. I asked for an alignment. I explained the issue and it was sever. I explained the issue twice. Your suggestion that I'm supposed to tell the alignment experts how to do an alignment..., I think you've just insulted them. I'm sure they know how to align a car, I just don't think that in this case they got it right and that is what the OP was asking for. Since Simos did the same setup both times I have no doubt that they felt it was correct. All I can say is I still had the wiggle (so bad I wouldn't drive the car in the wet). At trip to the mainland is no big deal and I got it fixed..., it was worth twice the price to be able to drive up the malahat in the rain without worring about by back end coming around all the time.

You guys don't like the post, fair enough, people tend to pass on bad experiences more then good ones. Anyways go ahead and flame away, it is what it is.
ddonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I took my S2k to simoes as well. Had some issues, had to take it back in and have it adjusted. they were kind etc. But it did always seem like the car wiggled a lot in the back. one day while driving normally (80 or 90kph, 4th gear) around a bend that wasn't even sharp enough to be marked, back end came around. s2k ended up upside down in ditch. I'm not blaming simoes obviously. but it always seemed a little loose.
NitehawkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote